Omar is selfish | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Omar is selfish

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
He already sent Daniel Hamilton a piece of fan mail to his high school. Lord knows what was in that letter.
I take my time to send the kid some fan mail which he seemed to like...why havent more of us.

Reaction Score
He already sent Daniel Hamilton a piece of fan mail to his high school. Lord knows what was actually in that letter.

Probably "you should go to Providence instead".

Reaction Score
This thread is ridiculous. Omar is a shooter, he almost never handled the ball. The kid is all about team, has a great attitude, and is UCONN through and through.

Move on this guy just looks at stats and thinks he has some brilliant insights. Moron.

Reaction Score
Because it would be creepy.
-If- and ill say it again..if i sent the kid pics of myself then yes thats creepy. I sent him a letter saying thanks for choosing uconn work hard and asked for a auto which im not gonna do anything with to boost his ego a bit..im sure any kid would like fan mail..actually the reason i sent it was because he was stoked at getting some too bad only a few fans sent something

caw

Reaction Score
Omar shot

99-246 overall (40.2)
43-134 from three (32.1)
56-112 from two (50.0)
80-106 from ft line (75.5)

In the final two games he played, with a bad wrist, he was 2-21, 2-15.

Take away those two games and he was:
97-225 (43.1)
41-119 (34.4)
56/106 (52.8)

While he wasn't Rashad Anderson, he was shooting at a decent clip for a freshman before the injuries really hit him.

As for his passing, it was something he needs to work on, though it's not the easiest thing to get an assist on the wing with no legit post presence. The only real options for assists were on the break, passing back to Boat/Napier in a position where they would shoot or a drive and dish (and hoping Olander or someone could finish). Ollie didn't put him on spots on the floor to get assists and wasn't asking him to do so.

Selfish isn't the right word for it. Assists don't capture selfishness.

Rip played some point as a freshman when Moore was suspended. Ray had Donyell to feed.

Reaction Score
-If- and ill say it again..if i sent the kid pics of myself then yes thats creepy. I sent him a letter saying thanks for choosing uconn work hard and asked for a auto which im not gonna do anything with to boost his ego a bit..im sure any kid would like fan mail..actually the reason i sent it was because he was stoked at getting some too bad only a few fans sent something

Because I am 35 years old. Maybe if I was 10.

Dear Daniel,

I like UConn, I bet you like UConn too? I used to get Ice Cream from the UConn Dairy, you should get some too, I like vanilla, what do you like? Also, can I have your autograph, that would be so cool.

Bye
Zyron

Reaction Score
DONT FEED TROLLS!!!!

mods, please intervene.
Am i doing something wrong? Im postings stats and generating some discussion albeit lopsided for some miraculous reason...im not breaking any rules...btw noone has posted facts that state otherwise besides david and caw...instead of adding to the discussion you all just yell troll troll ur an idiot ur stupid this thread is stupid etc

Reaction Score
Omar shot

99-246 overall (40.2)
43-134 from three (32.1)
56-112 from two (50.0)
80-106 from ft line (75.5)

In the final two games he played, with a bad wrist, he was 2-21, 2-15.

Take away those two games and he was:
97-225 (43.1)
41-119 (34.4)
56/106 (52.8)

While he wasn't Rashad Anderson, he was shooting at a decent clip for a freshman before the injuries really hit him.

As for his passing, it was something he needs to work on, though it's not the easiest thing to get an assist on the wing with no legit post presence. The only real options for assists were on the break, passing back to Boat/Napier in a position where they would shoot or a drive and dish (and hoping Olander or someone could finish). Ollie didn't put him on spots on the floor to get assists and wasn't asking him to do so.

Selfish isn't the right word for it. Assists don't capture selfishness.

Rip played some point as a freshman when Moore was suspended. Ray had Donyell to feed.
The most sensible post ive seen here, thank you

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
Am i doing something wrong? Im postings stats and generating some discussion albeit lopsided for some miraculous reason...im not breaking any rules...btw noone has posted facts that state otherwise besides david.

Omar isn't here to pass. He didn't have a reliable handle as a freshman so it's not like the ball was in his hands to create offense for others. He was hobbled all year with his hips and his wrist. Other teams had their hands full with Boat and Bazz... Omar was not the guard opposing teams were worried about, so he was left open, and he shot.

There's a difference between generating discussion and being a troll. You're trolling.
Are you honestly this immature and bored? Grow up.

Reaction Score
You are a idiot who has clearly never played the game and I guess doesn't wT h it either since u seem to get your info by looking at "stats". OC rarely played the 2 and was in to score as we had Ryan and jazz to distribute. I guess your analysis would determine that babe Ruth was a horrible player due to his high number of strike outs. Mickey mantle too. You are a moron

caw

Reaction Score
Am i doing something wrong? Im postings stats and generating some discussion albeit lopsided for some miraculous reason...im not breaking any rules...btw noone has posted facts that state otherwise besides david.

Here is a fact assists (or lack thereof) have zero to do with being selfish or not. That alone is an asinine comment. If you want to say he's bad at getting assists, sure, but selfish is nowhere captured in your stats or "facts."

Rakin Rondo is a perfect example, great assist numbers, selfish as he'll because he plays for the assist not to make the team better.

Everything (or most of it) Calhoun did in games was to help the team. He rarely overshot the ball or forced offense. If you had watched the games you could tell he was playing within Ollie's system.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
I feel like we're dealing with a split personality here, with both personalities see-sawing into and out of control.

Reaction Score
Here is a fact assists (or lack thereof) have zero to do with being selfish or not. That alone is an asinine comment. If you want to say he's bad at getting assists, sure, but selfish is nowhere captured in your stats or "facts."

Rakin Rondo is a perfect example, great assist numbers, selfish as he'll because he plays for the assist not to make the team better.

Everything (or most of it) Calhoun did in games was to help the team. He rarely overshot the ball or forced offense. If you had watched the games you could tell he was playing within Ollie's system.
I watched every game last year and 95 +/- % of every game since chris smith. He did force shots attributing to his shooting % maybe its because hes a freshman.

Reaction Score
i really thought this post was going to be about that play tonight where he had daniels WIDE OPEN on the break for an oop, long enough where even i was able to recognize it and say it to my friend, and he just put his head down and tried to bull rush through the lane and turned it over.

Reaction Score
You are a idiot who has clearly never played the game and I guess doesn't wT h it either since u seem to get your info by looking at "stats". OC rarely played the 2 and was in to score as we had Ryan and jazz to distribute. I guess your analysis would determine that babe Ruth was a horrible player due to his high number of strike outs. Mickey mantle too. You are a moron
Babe was the best player in history...dead ball era ..larger ball parks...if he had the same amount of at bats as hank aaron he would have had 1000 or so home runs in said dead ball, large park era and he didnt strike out that much... His strikeouts r on par with one of the best hitters like ichiro...the babe had a 342 average in his career

Reaction Score
Okla...you can't be serious with this thread can you? Or any of the so called evidence you are using to support it? How many years of basketball have you watched? Seriously this thread makes you look so basketball ignorant. You're using an assist per game stat as your evidence for selfishness? What about Tyler Olander? Why isn't he selfish? O because his position doesn't involve dishing or creating for others? No kidding. Same reason OC doesn't have a high APG. He is not a creator. It has nothing to do whatsoever with him being selfish. Right now he is a 2 guard maybe stretch 3, who shoots well plays decent defense and runs the floor well. He is learning to create his own shot which he got better at towards the end of the year but he is not a PG. Or a slashing 2 or 3. Big deal. That is not evidence for him being selfish. There are many and I repeat many one dimensional guards or SF that go there entire careers as spot up shooters and good defenders. Hell some even make it to the pro's if they are really proficient in those categories. Doesn't mean they are selfish. OC has two exceptional distributors and ball dominant guards in his line-up with him. He doesn't need to create. SN and RB have already attacked the lane and collapsed the defense, why receive the kick-pass and try to do the same. He is there to shoot. Which he does really well if you were paying attention last year. Like a previous poster stated check the stats minus the wrist injury games. Hell you shouldn't even have to if you watched the games and saw this kid get better and better throughout the year. Seriously wtf are you looking to do with this thread. piss a bunch of people off? Ragging on a guy who played through injury, stuck out a commitment to an ineligible team and has worked his tail off because his APG is low some inconsequential stat for a guy at his position......If you really think like this here's a big kick in the pants for your hopes....He's not averaging over 2.5 APG this year either. BUT who gives a flying fook........

Reaction Score
Okla...you can't be serious with this thread can you? Or any of the so called evidence you are using to support it? How many years of basketball have you watched? Seriously this thread makes you look so basketball ignorant. You're using an assist per game stat as your evidence for selfishness? What about Tyler Olander? Why isn't he selfish? O because his position doesn't involve dishing or creating for others? No kidding. Same reason OC doesn't have a high APG. He is not a creator. It has nothing to do whatsoever with him being selfish. Right now he is a 2 guard maybe stretch 3, who shoots well plays decent defense and runs the floor well. He is learning to create his own shot which he got better at towards the end of the year but he is not a PG. Or a slashing 2 or 3. Big deal. That is not evidence for him being selfish. There are many and I repeat many one dimensional guards or SF that go there entire careers as spot up shooters and good defenders. Hell some even make it to the pro's if they are really proficient in those categories. Doesn't mean they are selfish. OC has two exceptional distributors and ball dominant guards in his line-up with him. He doesn't need to create. SN and RB have already attacked the lane and collapsed the defense, why receive the kick-pass and try to do the same. He is there to shoot. Which he does really well if you were paying attention last year. Like a previous poster stated check the stats minus the wrist injury games. Hell you shouldn't even have to if you watched the games and saw this kid get better and better throughout the year. Seriously wtf are you looking to do with this thread. piss a bunch of people off? Ragging on a guy who played through injury, stuck out a commitment to an ineligible team and has worked his tail off because his APG is low some inconsequential stat for a guy at his position......If you really think like this here's a big kick in the pants for your hopes....He's not averaging over 2.5 APG this year either. BUT who gives a flying fook........
Few people have said that his position means he doesnt need or have opportunities to get assists. Well how did memphis get 3 different guards with 100+ assists each?

Reaction Score
^^^^^^^What he said. I don't think you understand the dynamics of team basketball very well, Oklahoma.

Reaction Score
Few people have said that his position means he doesnt need or have opportunities to get assists. Well how did memphis get 3 different guards with 100+ assists each?

Why are you looking at memphis like their style of play or team make-up is the empirical high and mighty standard of greatness? Some teams play with a 3 guard starting line-ups and 2 PF, Some line-ups play with a C and 2 F and 2 G, Some lineups Play with 4 Guards and a C, some-lineups play with 1 C 1 F and 3 Guards. Some teams have no depth. Some teams have lots of depth at the Guard spot some teams have veteran ball handlers who stay out of foul trouble. Some don't and need their forwards to create more off the dribble. Some teams play from inside out and their big men get a bulk of the assists. Some teams are purely run and gun teams and their assists are spread amongst everyone on the team that has the capability to get out and run the break. Some teams run the pick and roll and main PG gets the majority of the assists. Should I continue?

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Thanks for the many reminders that there is an IGNORE feature; happy to exercise it before the season begins.

Reaction Score
Some teams run a lot of ISO offense and don't have a lot of assists, others run a more free flowing motion offense which spreads the assist around, some teams.........oh wait i was suppose to stop.......................If I look at our team and what each players strengths are and the assets the bring to the team, I am keeping the ball in RB and SN hands and having them create for our outside shooters whether that be NG OC or DD........At times I'll let DD just tear apart his defender, and same with SN and sometimes RB (although I prefer his Offense to come out of the break, he gets a little out of control still in the half court set).......I like OC coming off screens playing the RA or JL role......

Reaction Score
Some teams run a lot of ISO offense and don't have a lot of assists, others run a more free flowing motion offense which spreads the assist around, some teams.........oh wait i was suppose to stop.......................If I look at our team and what each players strengths are and the assets the bring to the team, I am keeping the ball in RB and SN hands and having them create for our outside shooters whether that be NG OC or DD........At times I'll let DD just tear apart his defender, and same with SN and sometimes RB (although I prefer his Offense to come out of the break, he gets a little out of control still in the half court set).......I like OC coming off screens playing the RA or JL role......
Thank you for adding an intelligent rebuttal, it is how forums should work. A collection of intellectual conversation rather than "troll" "your stupid"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom