Ollie Suing Glen Miller for Slander | Page 21 | The Boneyard

Ollie Suing Glen Miller for Slander

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
And nobody denies that he'd still be here if he was winning. But he decided to stop doing his job and then scream racism when he was fired

I continue to say he shouldn’t be here and the racism is an awful attempt at money but it’s not a lie per se. The lies are such a small piece of why he’s not here that’s all I’m saying.

Reaction Score
Because we're UConn fans and Ollie's attorneys keep going to the media to restart public discussion?

I know that and it’s pitiful, makes even those who attempted to have his back before he was obviously lost and losing the program sad as heck. He honestly doesn’t deserve anything at this point but the lies are a small piece but to some it’s the biggest I guess because it’s a broken damn record for them.

The attempts now to get any financial win are pitiful and can’t be anything but damaging to his legacy so I can’t believe what’s happened it’s so sad for UConn basketball. It needs to go away and we need to talk about Hurley and his staff, his start of his legacy. A 20 page thread on a coach who won a NC then proceeded to distinguish our fire is crazy.

Reaction Score
I continue to say he shouldn’t be here and the racism is an awful attempt at money but it’s not a lie per se. The lies are such a small piece of why he’s not here that’s all I’m saying.
Sure the lies aren't the reason he's not here, but they're 100% the reason why he's not getting paid to go away

Reaction Score
I know that and it’s pitiful, makes even those who attempted to have his back before he was obviously lost and losing the program sad as heck. He honestly doesn’t deserve anything at this point but the lies are a small piece but to some it’s the biggest I guess because it’s a broken damn record for them.

The attempts now to get any financial win are pitiful and can’t be anything but damaging to his legacy so I can’t believe what’s happened it’s so sad for UConn basketball. It needs to go away and we need to talk about Hurley and his staff, his start of his legacy. A 20 page thread on a coach who won a NC then proceeded to distinguish our fire is crazy.
Unfortunately this is not going away anytime soon. At least I don't think so. Over a year later...and no end in sight.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Ok my bad.:rolleyes:

He’s not wrong. I don’t give a crap what Ollie did except for the fact that it allowed UConn to move on. Because if they had to pay him, Hurley probably would be at Pitt. It’s as simple as that.

My only personal issues with him are his post firing behavior. Not taking the settlement, making absurd allegations of racism, and now this latest. I have to believe he’s in a deep dark place right now, and is getting bad advice. If he had quietly taken $2.5m, he would probably be on staff somewhere. NBA or college. And his legal fees would be much lower. This “I’m a victim” routine doesn’t sell. He isn’t a victim of anything but his own actions. His wounds, such as they are, are 100% self inflicted. He needs to look in the mirror and admit that.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
IF the NCAA rules against him, and he wins the suit against GM, you can be sure the next step is to sue the NCAA.

LOL. For what? What’s the basis of that claim? He has next no chance to win against Miller and zero against the NCAA. The NCAA isn’t even focused on that allegation from Miller. It also wasn’t listed by UConn as one of the reasons they fired him.

Reaction Score
He’s not wrong. I don’t give a crap what Ollie did except for the fact that it allowed UConn to move on. Because if they had to pay him, Hurley probably would be at Pitt. It’s as simple as that.

My only personal issues with him are his post firing behavior. Not taking the settlement, making absurd allegations of racism, and now this latest. I have to believe he’s in a deep dark place right now, and is getting bad advice. If he had quietly taken $2.5m, he would probably be on staff somewhere. NBA or college. And his legal fees would be much lower. This “I’m a victim” routine doesn’t sell. He isn’t a victim of anything but his own actions. His wounds, such as they are, are 100% self inflicted. He needs to look in the mirror and admit that.

Of course he’s not wrong we’ve read it and your post 1,000 times in this thread thanks for helping me understand. Lol

Reaction Score
I have to say this and I've tried not to. Ollie lied to the NCAA about a couple things and he sucked as a coach the last 2-3 years. But really how can we really continue to discuss the KO lying after we read every day about these other coaches who continuously lie about much worst infractions yet some are still getting paid and coaching while others took a huge check and took off. Pitino lied about hookers and giving oodles of cash through Adidas now that's something to discuss. But while KO shouldn't be here and doesn't deserve much money his lying is nothing to continue to discuss. Again it's nothing in comparison to what the NCAA is hearing from coaches these days so drop that crap.
Just preparing you for the worst.

Reaction Score
This “I’m a victim” routine doesn’t sell. He isn’t a victim of anything but his own actions. His wounds, such as they are, are 100% self inflicted. He needs to look in the mirror and admit that.
The latter, like a Grown Ašš Man?

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
Of course this case has to involve multiple Millers. It just wouldn't have been confusing enough otherwise.

Reaction Score
Facts?
Yes. The fact is the NCAA has not made a final decision. Ollie's team was given specific period of time to dispute and argue their findings. That is a fact. He and/or his team has never acknowledged he lied to the NCAA during their investigation. Those are facts that are not defending Ollie in any way. Facts. Not opinions.

Reaction Score
LOL. For what? What’s the basis of that claim? He has next no chance to win against Miller and zero against the NCAA. The NCAA isn’t even focused on that allegation from Miller. It also wasn’t listed by UConn as one of the reasons they fired him.
OK...this is how it works...IF(and this is a big IF)KO does prevail and shows GM to be less than truthful...and they (the NCAA) used GM's deposition as pat of their investigation....that would give team Ollie leverage in any legal proceedings. Please tell me how he has zero chance with your vast legal knowledge.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score

He wasn't even a competent cheater.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
OK...this is how it works...IF(and this is a big IF)KO does prevail and shows GM to be less than truthful...and they (the NCAA) used GM's deposition as pat of their investigation....that would give team Ollie leverage in any legal proceedings. Please tell me how he has zero chance with your vast legal knowledge.

What is the basis of the claim? Describe the complaint. Kevin Ollie seeks damages because....? Because the NCAA relied on evidence from a guy who may have said something else that they didn’t rely upon, which was untrue? That’s not a tort as far as I know. Oh and they relied upon other information that didn’t come from Miller at all. Most of which we know to be true. And Ollie’s damages, such as they are, come from being fired, which again was based on violations that did happen and which are corroborated by more than Miller.

It’s silly to even suggest that he could sue the NCAA for investigating things they are supposed to investigate and issuing findings as to who it thinks violated rules it wrote. Unless you or he thinks that the NCAA itself made all this up, and fabricated everything with the intent to cause harm to KO. Is that the claim?

Reaction Score
I wonder what KO's favorite pizza place is? When he goes to Grants what is his favorite beer?

Reaction Score
Yes. The fact is the NCAA has not made a final decision. Ollie's team was given specific period of time to dispute and argue their findings. That is a fact. He and/or his team has never acknowledged he lied to the NCAA during their investigation. Those are facts that are not defending Ollie in any way. Facts. Not opinions.
Your earlier post had a "fact" the he denied lying to the NCAA, now you say he hasn't denied the lies. Which one of your facts is true?

Reaction Score
Is Parenteau representing Ollie in front of the NCAA or is he just going after UCONN?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom