Ollie Suing Glen Miller for Slander | Page 22 | The Boneyard

Ollie Suing Glen Miller for Slander

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Your earlier post had a "fact" the he denied lying to the NCAA, now you say he hasn't denied the lies. Which one of your facts is true?
Your hair splitting is lame.
On Sept 29 2018 Ollie(through his lawyers)denied the NCAA charges were true. Look it up, I did.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Your hair splitting is lame.
On Sept 29 2018 Ollie(through his lawyers)denied the NCAA charges were true. Look it up, I did.

So, he's an incompetent cheater and a liar, yet there are still some folks who think he's morally and ethically owed almost 11 million dollars for doing nothing, just because he's a UCONN guy, and a nickel dimer NCAA miscreant.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
It’s silly to even suggest that he could sue the NCAA for investigating things they are supposed to investigate and issuing findings as to who it thinks violated rules it wrote. Unless you or he thinks that the NCAA itself made all this up, and fabricated everything with the intent to cause harm to KO. Is that the claim?
Maybe, just maybe, he'll sue the NCAA for being racist. Nothing is out of bounds at this point in this wacky saga of ours.

Reaction Score
So, he's an incompetent cheater and a liar, yet there are still some folks who think he's morally and ethically owed almost 11 million dollars for doing nothing, just because he's a UCONN guy, and a nickel dimer NCAA miscreant.
My point is only about his case. His fate with the Huskies(except for payment)has been sealed. What saddens me most is the fact that a former beloved UConn player/coach is now in exile and there is no way back. You(not you specifaly)can say it is 100% on him and spin it any way you want, but that is not the case in my opinion.

UConnNick

Reaction Score
My point is only about his case. His fate with the Huskies(except for payment)has been sealed. What saddens me most is the fact that a former beloved UConn player/coach is now in exile and there is no way back. You(not you specifaly)can say it is 100% on him and spin it any way you want, but that is not the case in my opinion.

I agree with you that it's sad to see it all become a likely permanent parting of the ways between the school and Ollie.

UConnNick

Reaction Score
Is Parenteau representing Ollie in front of the NCAA or is he just going after UCONN?

Based upon the abysmal performance of his legal team to date, Ollie would have been better served if he had represented himself pro se. ;)

I suspect, however, that in partial defense of his attorneys, they have likely been repeatedly blindsided by events. Since Ollie has lied to everybody else, what are the odds that he hasn't also lied to his lawyers? He's put them in a no-win situation. The best they could possibly dream of accomplishing now is getting some token amount nuisance settlement offer from UCONN, and the chances of that happening are slim and none.

Reaction Score
Yes. The fact is the NCAA has not made a final decision. Ollie's team was given specific period of time to dispute and argue their findings. That is a fact. He and/or his team has never acknowledged he lied to the NCAA during their investigation. Those are facts that are not defending Ollie in any way. Facts. Not opinions.
Not true. He lied to the NCAA.
And they have not made a final decision.

Today's article. If the allegations stand up, Ollie could be be given a “show-cause” order, which could result in penalties assessed if he is at another school, effectively hurting his chances of coaching elsewhere in the college game.
Has Ollie ever even claimed he didn't lie to investigators?
Yeah, actually through his attorneys.
I am stating a fact-how it turns out has not been decided. I am not interested in hypothetical situation. The fact is at this point they are allegations that he is disputing and a decision has not been made.
He's disputing details of the allegations today but I've never read he's disputed lying to the NCAA or that's what he's challenging today.
I did...I am not going back through news stories to find it.
Actually I am NOT defending him. I am offering facts.

C

Chief00

Based upon the abysmal performance of his legal team to date, Ollie would have been better served if he had represented himself pro se. ;)

I suspect, however, that in partial defense of his attorneys, they have likely been repeatedly blindsided by events. Since Ollie has lied to everybody else, what are the odds that he hasn't also lied to his lawyers? He's put them in a no-win situation. The best they could possibly dream of accomplishing now is getting some token amount nuisance settlement offer from UCONN, and the chances of that happening are slim and none.
While it’s an academic argument, with KO I think the denial and lying territory overlap and the difference between the two has become almost indistinguishable to him.
Sometimes lawyers and clients can either bring out the better or worse of each other. It seems like the later has happened here on this downward spiral of doubling down on every bad decision.

Reaction Score
The best they (the departed's attorneys) could possibly dream of accomplishing now is getting some token amount nuisance settlement offer from UCONN, and the chances of that happening are slim and none.
Translation: Possibly cut a wee bit of losses with a few face saving shekels?

Reaction Score
UConn clearly made the bad bet? I'll assume you made a slip and meant to say Ollie clearly made the bad bet. Walking away with no money and no future prospects in coaching is about as bad a bet as one can make.

A bad bet terminating Ollie? Wtf.

Reaction Score
Was there a point to this?
The lawsuit? After Ollie's attorneys' earlier FOI request unintentionally enabled public access to unhelpful information, perhaps unintentionally enabling another batch of defense attorneys to subpoena potentially more unhelpful professional and possible personal information? Another filing symbolically testing the ability of pasta to stick on a wall? Some hybrid? I jest ...

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
Saw Kevin Ollie in McDonalds this morning buying a hot coffee... more news to follow shortly...

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Meh. Foreseeable as in possible? I guess, but I doubt anyone would have thought KO would have as completely immolated his reputation and relationships as he has. It is a stunning meltdown and unpleasant to watch. Not so much for UConn but Kevin. He's burn the bulk of his personal capital with really nothing to show for it.

That said, once he cheated and repeatedly lied about it to UConn and the NCAA the only possible outcome was his dismissal for cause. He could have managed the departure better which would have had the result of his being able to create a better narrative (complex and confusing rules, just trying to develop his players, left once he felt it was in the University's best interest, etc.) and probably ended up with more money in his pocket. Instead, he chose to make the biggest mess he could in the hopes that UConn would pay him to go away. That resulted in no payoff and a narrative of KO as petulant child. He's toxic at this point.

Reaction Score
The lawsuit? After Ollie's attorneys' earlier FOI request unintentionally enabled public access to unhelpful information, perhaps unintentionally enabling another batch of defense attorneys to subpoena potentially more unhelpful professional and possible personal information? Another filing symbolically testing the ability of pasta to stick on a wall? Some hybrid? I jest ...
My point has been consistent. Everyone on the board is moving forward as if everything is final. It clearly is not. Plain and simple-When he got fired I immediately suspected there would be a claim of discrimination-many scoffed at the thought. Now I am suggesting if KO prevails against GM, that would lead to further lawsuits. Doesn't mean I think he wins or not-I have posted facts(nothing is settled)and opinions(he will sure the NCAA if he prevails against GM. All the posters who say he has no chance....Please tell me what a jury is going to do. Ask Rodney King, OJ, the USFL, etc, etc, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom