Ollie Suing Glen Miller for Slander | Page 20 | The Boneyard

Ollie Suing Glen Miller for Slander

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Good god man, you're so in over your head at this point. The post wasn't about people who care about Ollie, it was about the perceived severity of his violations and how it's irrelevant.

It's right in your reply to me. "I'm a UConn fan. I'm not a KO fan." Sheesh. I'm not the one who brought up people being KO fans.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
OK Mr.-It's-Ok-if_We're-Banned-From-the-Postseason.

2 words.
Why would we be banned from the post season if Ollie didn't commit any major violations? Just wondering.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
But I think the accusation by Miller is "Ollie told me he paid $ 30k to a recruit's mom". Kinda hard to disprove that never happened
Post 16 had nothing of substance

Post 22 had a link to a story that provided this tidbit

Miller, according to the motion filed on April 22, made false statements when he told NCAA investigators that Garrett told Yvonne Miller that Ollie had provided “in the neighborhood ... of $30,000 to make the move from (redacted) to Connecticut.”

-------------------------
My point stands
Even after reading the filing and directly relevant allegations, you're still sticking with your factually incorrect thought: "... I think the accusation by Miller is 'Ollie told me he paid $ 30k to a recruit's mom'. Your point may stand in your mind, but the former remains vacuous and un-supported by the departed's latest filing.

Additionally, referencing an unspecified, non-linked article was quaint. Unfortunately, neither the filing nor your cited words provide any direct support of your initial false assertion. All good, but the specific facts remain even Ollie's attorneys steered clear of absolutely stating "Ollie told me he paid $30k to a recruit's mom".

If the plaintiffs had sound reason to believe Glen Miller made such a specific, inarguable statement to UConn officials or NCAA investigators, little to no reason exists to think the plaintiff's attorneys would refrain from directly asserting "Ollie told me he paid $ 30k to a recruit's mom". Until now, zero information has been publicly disseminated nor correctly reported on which factually supports your initial and ongoing incorrect contention.

Reaction Score
I have to say this and I've tried not to. Ollie lied to the NCAA about a couple things and he sucked as a coach the last 2-3 years. But really how can we really continue to discuss the KO lying after we read every day about these other coaches who continuously lie about much worst infractions yet some are still getting paid and coaching while others took a huge check and took off. Pitino lied about hookers and giving oodles of cash through Adidas now that's something to discuss. But while KO shouldn't be here and doesn't deserve much money his lying is nothing to continue to discuss. Again it's nothing in comparison to what the NCAA is hearing from coaches these days so drop that crap.

Reaction Score
I have to say this and I've tried not to. Ollie lied to the NCAA about a couple things and he sucked as a coach the last 2-3 years. But really how can we really continue to discuss the KO lying after we read every day about these other coaches who continuously lie about much worst infractions yet some are still getting paid and coaching while others took a huge check and took off. Pitino lied about hookers and giving oodles of cash through Adidas now that's something to discuss. But while KO shouldn't be here and doesn't deserve much money his lying is nothing to continue to discuss. Again it's nothing in comparison to what the NCAA is hearing from coaches these days so drop that crap.
We should discuss other coaches but not the coach who is suing our school and claiming he was bounced because he's black?

Just when I thought this thread couldn't get any weirder Mau chimes in.

Reaction Score
We should discuss other coaches but not the coach who is suing our school and claiming he was bounced because he's black?

Just when I thought this thread couldn't get any weirder Mau chimes in.

Read it better superjohn please give that a try. I was talking about the lies, claiming he was bounced because he's black is only an attempt at cash it's not a lie from him it's him and his lawyers. Heck you're the one who's talked about his lies about every freakin page let ig go man, you're ridiculous. The lies we speak of would not even have him out of his job if he was winning rather than losing so consistently as his career ended. My chime in isn't half as lame as your constant BS.

Reaction Score
Has Ollie ever even claimed he didn't lie to investigators?
I am stating a fact-how it turns out has not been decided. I am not interested in hypothetical situation. The fact is at this point they are allegations that he is disputing and a decision has not been made.

Reaction Score
Read it better superjohn please give that a try. I was talking about the lies, claiming he was bounced because he's black is only an attempt at cash it's not a lie from him it's him and his lawyers. Heck you're the one who's talked about his lies about every freakin page let ig go man, you're ridiculous. The lies we speak of would not even have him out of his job if he was winning rather than losing so consistently as his career ended. My chime in isn't half as lame as your constant BS.
And nobody denies that he'd still be here if he was winning. But he decided to stop doing his job and then scream racism when he was fired

Reaction Score
Yeah, actually through his attorneys.
He's disputing details of the allegations today but I've never read he's disputed lying to the NCAA or that's what he's challenging today.

Reaction Score
I read it just fine. Why on earth would we be talking about other coaches lying when our own coach lied and broke rules and is now suing us over it?

C

Chief00

This suit is meaningless, it’s all about KO being able to tell the NCAA this week that GM is such a lier about the $30k, he is suing him about it. Once the NCAA makes a decision, this case will slowly fade away.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I have to say this and I've tried not to. Ollie lied to the NCAA about a couple things and he sucked as a coach the last 2-3 years. But really how can we really continue to discuss the KO lying after we read every day about these other coaches who continuously lie about much worst infractions
Because we're UConn fans and Ollie's attorneys keep going to the media to restart public discussion?

Reaction Score
This suit is meaningless, it’s all about KO being able to tell the NCAA this week that GM is such a lier about the $30k, he is suing him about it. Once the NCAA makes a decision, this case will slowly fade away.
IF the NCAA rules against him, and he wins the suit against GM, you can be sure the next step is to sue the NCAA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom