Ollie Suing Glen Miller for Slander | Page 19 | The Boneyard

Ollie Suing Glen Miller for Slander

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Doesn't matter. It was illegal enough to nail him for cause and withhold that $10M, and that's all I care about. I've been consistent in that stance. I'm a UConn fan, not a Kevin Ollie fan.

You obviously haven't read the thread.

I don't care what happens to Ollie.

Reaction Score
No one said he received a show cause already. The hearing is literally today. How would that even be possible? He is looking at one though.

You haven't read the thread. People did say it.

Reaction Score
Twisted logic, you can't win and NC when you don't do any part of the job well, its like saying a company wouldn't fire its CEO that piled up millions in losses if he'd only made money.
As to upstater and whistling past the grave yard.
A. Ban us from the NCAA ?! We can't get to .500 due to aftershocks of KO's incompetence ?
B. Last time we were banned it worked out ok, been thinking about this in light of UVA's win - surely both programs and fans would again trade a one-year ban/historic 1-16 loss for a chip.
C. If UConn & Ollie did in fact pay players then the truth is the truth - we'll take our lumps and then move forward. Something I KNOW the Ollie sycophants do not understand and never will.

Boy there's a lot of crap going around this thread which got to 19 pages in less than 3 days, but I hope you're being sarcastic as hell?

Reaction Score
You obviously haven't read the thread.

I don't care what happens to Ollie.
I've read the entirety of your endless drivel in this thread. I never said you care what happens to Ollie. I was clarifying my own position.

Reaction Score
You haven't read the thread. People did say it.
Who? Quote it for me. I've seen CL say that he's facing a show cause. Who said he already received one?

Reaction Score
I can't even believe what I'm reading here. A postseason ban would be disastrous.
Oh my god.
A. Stop taking 3 paragraphs to say one thing.
B. Get some other interests. I'd be bummed if UConn was banned, but in terms of impact I don't think its much different than being irrelevant like these past few years. The banned year was better than either of the last two and the subsequent year was much better. Either way, life does go on.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
No, not according to the departed’s actual allegations in his latest filing. It’s linked in this thread. See #s 16 and 22. Get the facts ...

:confused:

I trust you're going to handle this for us, TIA

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
No, not according to the departed’s actual allegations in his latest filing. It’s linked in this thread. See #s 16 and 22. Get the facts ...

Post 16 had nothing of substance

Post 22 had a link to a story that provided this tidbit

Miller, according to the motion filed on April 22, made false statements when he told NCAA investigators that Garrett told Yvonne Miller that Ollie had provided “in the neighborhood ... of $30,000 to make the move from (redacted) to Connecticut.”

-------------------------
My point stands

Reaction Score
I wrote the exact same thing above the sentence that UConn isn't cheating friendly.

And I've also said it multiple times.

I even have people like Superjohn asking me why I keep saying it.

Hallelujah!
Because you still somehow seem to be missing the point.

We'll go over this again. No place is cheater friendly if you suck especially if your contract explicitly says don't cheat. For the millionth time, this isn't unique to UConn. The type of contract Ollie signed may be unique and Ollie torching his reputation and any future coaching prospects is definitely unique but the rest isn't.

Reaction Score
I've read the entirety of your endless drivel in this thread. I never said you care what happens to Ollie. I was clarifying my own position.

Then why reply to me about people who care about Ollie?

Absurd. Bizarre.

Reaction Score
A. Stop taking 3 paragraphs to say one thing.
B. Get some other interests. I'd be bummed if UConn was banned, but in terms of impact I don't think its much different than being irrelevant like these past few years. The banned year was better than either of the last two and the subsequent year was much better. Either way, life does go on.

We've reached the height of derangement here (3 paragraphs? That was you. I wrote a 1 sentence rejoinder. Oh my this can't get more bizarre with these responses. Insane!).

Reaction Score
Because you still somehow seem to be missing the point.

We'll go over this again. No place is cheater friendly if you suck especially if your contract explicitly says don't cheat. For the millionth time, this isn't unique to UConn. The type of contract Ollie signed may be unique and Ollie torching his reputation and any future coaching prospects is definitely unique but the rest isn't.

You're saying there are coaches all over who haven't gotten paid when fired?

Reaction Score
We've reached the height of derangement here (3 paragraphs? That was you. I wrote a 1 sentence rejoinder. Oh my this can't get more bizarre with these responses. Insane!).
The Herald had a columnist

His name was Steve Buckley.

For what he perceived as drama, but was actually lack of skill; he wrote one sentence paragraphs.

They took up too much space.

He may have been you.

Reaction Score
Lol what?

Are you telling me that he didn't lie to AD David Benedict and the NCAA? Or are you saying that's acceptable and not a firable offense? I don't want to put words in your mouth, so please clarify.
The lying part is an allegation that has not yet proven and/or decided on. Although obviously Uconn HAS made a decision.

Reaction Score
Then why reply to me about people who care about Ollie?

Absurd. Bizarre.
Good god man, you're so in over your head at this point. The post wasn't about people who care about Ollie, it was about the perceived severity of his violations and how it's irrelevant.

Reaction Score
Not true. He lied to the NCAA.
And they have not made a final decision.

Today's article. If the allegations stand up, Ollie could be be given a “show-cause” order, which could result in penalties assessed if he is at another school, effectively hurting his chances of coaching elsewhere in the college game.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Likely?

I thought you said he got one.

Lol, if you going to start correcting my typos you will be a busy man.

He hasn't run out his administrative appeals yet but:

You're referring to the training? That's the cheating? Or something else?
Lol, Is training cheating? No, but illegally paying for illegal travel, illegal meals and illegal hotels, to attend an illegal coaching session with an illegal trainer is a whole smorgasbord of cheating. I suspect that Kevin thought so too, that's why he lied about it to his employers and the NCAA.

But you knew all that, right?

Reaction Score
And they have not made a final decision.

Today's article. If the allegations stand up, Ollie could be be given a “show-cause” order, which could result in penalties assessed if he is at another school, effectively hurting his chances of coaching elsewhere in the college game.
You think the NCAA is lying about Ollie lying to them?

Reaction Score
The Herald had a columnist

His name was Steve Buckley.

For what he perceived as drama, but was actually lack of skill; he wrote one sentence paragraphs.

They took up too much space.

He may have been you.

OK Mr.-It's-Ok-if_We're-Banned-From-the-Postseason.

2 words.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Whatever KO did is beside the point. We are talking about what the leadership of UConn did. The subject is not whether UConn had grounds to fire KO under the terms of the contract. The subject is the conditions under which UConn would choose to exercise that part of the contract. All you have to do to prove your point is to convince me UConn would have fired KO for the same charges even if he had just won a NC. But of course he wouldn't have been fired. In fact this board would explode with rage if KO had been fired over these offenses right after he had just won a NC. Then it would be you who would be talking about ticky-tack fouls.

When you take account of someone's value to you before you make an ethical judgment about that someone's behavior, that is called "being a respector of persons" and there is nothing ethical about it. Not unlike the Ravens having to decide what to do about their future HoF linebacker who got himself tangled up in a murder. Bet it would have been different if he had been the 49th player on the team making NFL minimum wage. Also not unlike how the NCAA gets accused of protecting UNC - ad nauseam on this board. People usually recognize partiality when they see it. UConn's treatment of KO was decidedly partial. UConn was being partial to its $10 million.

What are you talking about? This is some kind of Utopian nonsense.

UConn has made no "ethical" judgement about Ollie's behavior. It was far simpler than that. UConn made a business decision. Did he stink as a coach and damage the BBall program? Yes. Did he commit violations that allow us to fire him without paying him? Yes. -> Fire him. If the answer to either of those was "No", he may not have been terminated. It might have altered the business decision. There was no ethical decision being made. He's not a murderer.

I don't think it's appropriate to compare NCAA violations from Ollie or Calhoun, with the behavior or people like Kareem Hunt or Tyreke Hill. For certain behavior, there would/should be zero tolerance regardless of value to the organization. We aren't talking about anything like that. It's a simple, rational business decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom