Ollie Suing Glen Miller for Slander | Page 23 | The Boneyard

Ollie Suing Glen Miller for Slander

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score

I don't see how firing Ollie is a bad bet for UCONN. Saving almost 11 million dollars is not a bad bet when you've got all the law on your side. The only bad thing about it is some negative PR for the university, but most institutions would favor that risk/reward scenario any time if it means saving almost 11 million bucks.

Reaction Score
All MadMannsucks does is provide facts yet the one "fact" I ask him to provide proof of and he provides nothing.

UConnNick

Reaction Score
My point has been consistent. Everyone on the board is moving forward as if everything is final. It clearly is not. Plain and simple-When he got fired I immediately suspected there would be a claim of discrimination-many scoffed at the thought. Now I am suggesting if KO prevails against GM, that would lead to further lawsuits. Doesn't mean I think he wins or not-I have posted facts(nothing is settled)and opinions(he will sure the NCAA if he prevails against GM. All the posters who say he has no chance....Please tell me what a jury is going to do. Ask Rodney King, OJ, the USFL, etc, etc, etc.

There's no jury in an arbitration proceeding.

Reaction Score
Everyone on the board is moving forward as if everything is final.
Presume less, e.g., "Everyone on the board is moving forward as if everything is final". This may be your opinion, but referencing "everyone" and "everything is final" are each clearly absolute statements. Instead, most reasonable adults with much life and professional experience are less likely to foolishly believe "everything is final".

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
I was just making a joke about who KO might sue next given he's now battling on 2-3 fronts (vs UConn, vs NCAA, vs Miller). No other commentary intended.
But I'm on board with the method that UConn has chosen. I wish KO had accepted some money and went away, but per the vague contract he signed, he's not owed a dime. You appear to be on the other side of the fence from me. What's your take?

Reaction Score
He was an idiot for not taking the 2.5M offer. That is what other train wreck coaches do. They take the settlement and resign. Then he pulled the race card and threw Calhoun under the bus. No matter how much you say it or he says it, he is not a victim. He is a fool with more ego than wisdom. He is only a victim of his own poor judgement. UConn has made the right moves the whole time. Ollie has responded with one boneheaded decision after another, effectively burning his own life to the ground.

Reaction Score
“Backstabbing of the snake?” You know Kevin Ollie fired Glen Miller unceremoniously just before his pension kicked in right?

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
“Backstabbing of the snake?” You know Kevin Ollie fired Glen Miller unceremoniously just before his pension kicked in right?

To hire someone who is a horrible coach and an average at best recruiter...

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score

Lol what did KO tell you Glenn was doing?

Reaction Score
You know Kevin Ollie fired Glen Miller unceremoniously just before his pension kicked in right?
IIRC from some filing, allegation, related news report, etc., wasn't Miller 3 years away from potentially collecting a pension?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
There has been no character assassination of KO by the university. The notion that Kevin's current attempts to smear the university (which, ironically enough, have only served to destroy Kevin professional reputation and burn through the considerable goodwill he once had among much of the fanbase) somehow mean that it is incumbent upon the university to pay him millions of dollars to which he has no lawful claim so that he will go away (and that is, apparently, the only way to "avoid this scenario") is ludicrous.

Regarding your notion that Kevin's faith's has led him to publicly smear the university that was his home for so many years and the man he once called "a second father" and whose support "meant the world to (Kevin)", I disagree. Kevin seems locked into a path of self- destruction. His rumored lack of fidelity to his wife alleged cost him his marriage. His alienation of Jim Calhoun lost him an incredible wellspring of knowledge and support. His decision to cheat, led him to lie about his cheating, both of which cost him his job. His refusal to accept responsibility for that caused him to further alienate his contacts and fans. All of that seems less like an act of faith and more like a crisis of faith. Whatever it is, I am hopeful that he works his way through it and gets back on less self-destructive path.

UConnNick

Reaction Score

His marriage ended before he got his contract extension from UCONN. Throwing "fighting for his marriage" into any argument about his firing from UCONN is nonsense. As for his "damaged relationship with Calhoun", most accounts have it that Ollie broke off that relationship of his own volition. The twisted, tortured reasoning that goes into some of these arguments that Ollie is some kind of victim and tragic hero in the Shakespearian sense is laughable. This is a man who was getting paid (I deliberately refrain from the use of the word "earning") 3 million dollars per year. It's difficult to feel sorry for somebody who pissed that all away by getting fired, largely due to his own personal behavior.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom