Olivia To UConn! | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Olivia To UConn!

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Still TBD whether Napheesa and Azura come back next year.

Collier will come back for sure. She made that rather clear already. Note that she won't have graduated like Tuck did and Stevens will. Plus, her best friend in the world KLS is on the team.

Stevens' recent comments about being at UConn three years is a positive sign.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
with two great recruits in a week you knew you would hear this:

Kenny Kallina‏ @KennyKallina
Replying to @trentw503 @sbh39
If you look at their top 5 they’re drafted and rated higher than anyone else’s five therefore they have the best players easy to win with the best players and ESPN constantly advertising for you

Oh_he_mad.jpg

Reaction Score
If you look at their top 5 they’re drafted and rated higher than anyone else’s five therefore they have the best players easy to win with the best players and ESPN constantly advertising for you
Soooo... I kinda get that having the best players would help with our winning. But having “ESPN constantly advertising for us”? What is Geno gonna do with that between the lines?

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
The general consensus for months was--and rightly so--that Baylor and Texas were cleaning up with South Carolina poised to do so in the fall; that UConn was going to have a bare class and they better watch out for the competition. Now it's back to UConn being Darth Vader again. I knew reactions would be priceless, just didn't think we'd get to hear them. What a fun day. :)

Shorty Dee

Number 1 UConn fan
Reaction Score
UConn Nation welcomes you!! Thank you for choosing UConn, because you could have stayed South, but you are heading North. As UConn's number one fan, I can't wait to watch you on the court.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Any claim KK might have made to being some kind of basketball guru got blown out of the water with that dopey comment. His snark is interfering with his ability to judge Geno's abilities objectively.

Reaction Score
This was a rough day for our good friend Mr Kallina. He's...not happy.
MR. Kallina, I am so happy to see you are so wrong ... should be more focused next time.

Kenny Kallina:
I think Christyn Williams (AR) will go to UConn and that Olivia Nelson Ododa will be headed to Florida State just off my instincts. I think that Victoria Saxton committing to South Carolina is a strong indicator that Nelson Ododa is not headed to Columbia. Clearly the big winners here are Baylor and Florida State. Of the Top 50 prospects Nationally in 2016 11 have already transferred before the start of their sophomore season.

Kenny Kallina’s WCBB Week 1 Starting 5

Last edited:

Golden Husky

The Midas Touch
Reaction Score
UCONN fans should vote Baylor ... to help fend off the "UCONN gets all the best players" comments/complaints.

I embrace the "UConn gets all the best players" mantra because coaching doesn't start on the court. A good coach also must be a good recruiter; that's an essential part of the job and just another thing that Geno does better than anyone else in the game. UConn gets the best players because Geno's the best coach.

There's no need to be the least bit defensive about UConn getting the top recruits. Revel in it (as if you needed my encouragement). ;)

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Now that the dust has settled, I can now look back to the weekend these ladies made their official campus visit, Geno and his staff must have made one heck of a presentation to Olivia and her parents. No doubt the time she spent with the team was impressionable as well.

How warmly a potential recruit is received and made to feel welcome, is a very important dynamic that plays a significant part in the overall decision as to where they commit.

Our girls are one big happy family that has each other's backs 24/7. No doubt she had a private conversation with Azura with respect to her experience at Duke, since that was one of the 5 final schools she was considering. Who could give her a better, more honest behind the scenes look at Duke than Z?

It's evident how happy Z is to be at UConn. It's a good bet that came across during the time they spent together. The success that all (not some or most) of the recently graduated players from UConn have enjoyed had to be acknowledged and taken into account when making her final decision.

Again, I fist bump and high five Geno and his coaches on landing two of their most coveted recruits in the 2018 class. Job Well done!!!

Tip in - Java, you may have unwittingly or wittingly given this 2018 class a name that they won't be able to shake. I like it!!! Very appropos.
We have a secret weapon: a meal whipped up by Kathy and Nonna. No one can compete.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Me too!!! Christmas in November! I love it. :p OK, after we all come down of the chandeliers in a couple of hours, I guess we can all resume our focus on the game Friday, and help Geno get the girls ready to play. :cool:
I’m ok with delayed gifts, especially if they come all the way from Australia. :D

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Hey! I know we're excited, but let's slow down on the goodbyes to Kia and Gabby. We're going to delight in those two as they lead UConn to #12.
Gabby keeps moving up my list of favorite players.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
This notion that UConn gets high-level recruits due to ESPN is maddening. What does ESPN do that is so enticing that a player would choose to go to barren, frozen Storrs Connecticut for four years? Mention UConn once in a while on SportsCenter? This kind of thinking is insulting to both players that attend UConn and those who decide to go elsewhere.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Soooo... I kinda get that having the best players would help with our winning. But having “ESPN constantly advertising for us”? What is Geno gonna do with that between the lines?
Oh, he has that one covered too. He thinks that the refs are all in Geno's back pocket and are constantly rigging the game to help UConn.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
For the past few weeks some of your attitudes and emotions were like a roller coaster. Up and down and all over the place. Looking at Hoopgirls topped ranked players....well there were only 2 top players who hadnt committed and UConn didnt have a recruit in that class and both had UConn on their list. You guys worry to much. There was only one place those two stars were going and theyre here now. The most exciting thing is the next two classes coming up are suppose to be better then this 2018 class. Now you can get excited.

Here we go again. Top recruits, after top recruits. Will we ever lose again? Can we break the 111 game win streak. How many points will everybody score. Hey this class takes UConn out to they year 2022 or further. We can Dream Big all over again. Hey we've got a coaching staff with basketball ethics and they dont change. The coaches know what to look for in recruits and they dont differentiate. Recruits come here knowing what is expected of them and you know wha, they are coachable.

So now we can begin to dream again. Because UConn will remain number 1 and theres only one number 1.

We are going to set new records, we are going to take WCBB to the next level a level that no other team can reach and we are going to have fun.
Some people are on a roller coaster. Tony is stuck at the top. ;)

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Oh, he has that one covered too. He thinks that the refs are all in Geno's back pocket and are constantly rigging the game to help UConn.

The games are never close enough for ref's to change the result. :rolleyes:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom