Olivia To UConn! | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Olivia To UConn!

Reaction Score
Plus Other states :) I've never lived in Connecticut, but since the first time I saw them play in 1991 at the final four.. I was hooked.. Can I be an honorary Connecticut citizen?? :)
of course.....but do you want to pay connecticut taxes and put up with our government that can't agree on a budget? You are better off staying as a Dakota citizen and just loving the Huskies....As a matter of fact, you have loved the Uconn women longer than most people on on this forum. But it is so cold out there....maybe you can think about moving closer to Ct?

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I read several boards and going back over a year the one thing I kept reading was that she was NEVER leaving the south.

You may have gotten your information from the the same guy that told Humphrey Bogart's character (Rick Blaine) in the movie "Casablanca" that he should go there for the "water". Do you remember his response when asked by Captain Renault (Claude Rains) why he came to Casablanca? He said: "My health, I came here for the water" Renault's response: "We're in the desert, there is no water here". Remember Bogart's response? :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
Her physique reminds me of Iciss Tillis.
Duke must have told her what a great medical program they have.
One of their players, Dr. Williams, is now practising in Connecticut.
How many of you would like to have an appointment with Dr NO in 2030?

Reaction Score
I disagree. I'd put our class at #2 behind only Baylor (who I pointed out got #3, 8, 15, 18 and 24). UCONN got #1 and #5. IMHO, quality beats quantity big time. The reason Baylor is #1 is they have 2 in the top 10, and 4 total in the top 20.

I'd put them in this order:

Baylor - 4, 8, 15, 18, 24
UCONN - 1, 5
Texas - 2, 12, 56, 1 NR
FSU - 6, 35, 40, 64, 82
Maryland 3, 32, 33
Syracuse - 10, 11, and 2 NR
Tennessee - 13, 26, 44, 69
South Carolina - 9, 50
Stanford - 16, 20, 1 NR

Possibly flip Maryland and FSU, and also SC and Stanford. It's just a quick and dirty analysis by me - not sure if I missed any recruits.
ESPN asking the question...

http://www.espn.com/espnw/sports/ar...recruiting-class-better?addata=espn:frontpage

Reaction Score
Screenshot (1).png

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Notice anyone conspicuously absent from the list? A team that's usually vying for the top players? Remember ND? Seldom heard of these days.

I just got home from a few meetings and was going to jump on board to congratulate The Boneyarders for another very nice catch with the force of nature known as O N-O. First, heartiest congratulations and I hope Olivia has a great academic and athletic career in the northern part of your fair state.

Switching to this bit of a trail, I noted that these 2018 class rankings were put together by a poster. BTW, Hoopgurlz's latest 2018 class rankings have the Irish at #5 and Prospect's Nation at #6. Yes, the Irish may drop a bit here or there based on UConn's latest signings, but I don't think they will be conspicuous by their absence...after all, the Irish do have four top 100 players signed, sealed and delivered (to South Bend). I look forward to seeing Katlyn Gilbert, Jordan Nixon, Danielle Cosgrove and the "flaming, fierce redhead," Abby Prohaska, don Irish uniforms. Plus, one of the top PG's in the 2019 class -- Anaya Peoples -- has already committed to the Irish and was the anchor of that mass gathering of 2019-2020-2021 possible recruits gathering in South Bend a few weeks back.

Plus -- and this is becoming something of a mantra for me on any recruit rankings -- all of these are still subjective and, as such, I try to get a composite feel for/from all of them. But the one that matters most is that of the coaches, because they're recruiting people they think can best work within their specific coaching and teaching philosophies. Sometimes the players they want are highly ranked, like Oliva and Christyn. Sometimes they're not, like Mikayla Vaughn, our frosh center who was the last player listed on Hoopgurlz 2017 Top 150. I think some folks are going to rethink that ranking based on what she's done on the court up to this point.

In any case, good luck.....look forward to seing all of these players and classes, regardless of rank -- on the court.

Last edited:

Carnac

Reaction Score
I got all I wanted for Christmas!!!! Absolutely amazing!!!!!!!

Me too!!! Christmas in November! I love it. :p OK, after we all come down of the chandeliers in a couple of hours, I guess we can all resume our focus on the game Friday, and help Geno get the girls ready to play. :cool:

Reaction Score
of course.....but do you want to pay connecticut taxes and put up with our government that can't agree on a budget? You are better off staying as a Dakota citizen and just loving the Huskies....As a matter of fact, you have loved the Uconn women longer than most people on on this forum. But it is so cold out there....maybe you can think about moving closer to Ct?
I've actually considered moving to Connecticut just to watch them play in person lol... But i'm too old and broke now to make the move :p

Reaction Score
You may have gotten your information from the the same guy that told Humphrey Bogart's character (Rick Blaine) in the movie "Casablanca" he should go there for the "water". Do you remember his response when asked by General Strasser why he came to Casablanca ? He said: "the water" He was then told: but there is no water in Casablanca. Remember Bogart's response?

"Apparently I was misinformed"

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
For the past few weeks some of your attitudes and emotions were like a roller coaster. Up and down and all over the place. Looking at Hoopgirls topped ranked players....well there were only 2 top players who hadnt committed and UConn didnt have a recruit in that class and both had UConn on their list. You guys worry to much. There was only one place those two stars were going and theyre here now. The most exciting thing is the next two classes coming up are suppose to be better then this 2018 class. Now you can get excited.

Here we go again. Top recruits, after top recruits. Will we ever lose again? Can we break the 111 game win streak. How many points will everybody score. Hey this class takes UConn out to they year 2022 or further. We can Dream Big all over again. Hey we've got a coaching staff with basketball ethics and they dont change. The coaches know what to look for in recruits and they dont differentiate. Recruits come here knowing what is expected of them and you know wha, they are coachable.

So now we can begin to dream again. Because UConn will remain number 1 and theres only one number 1.

We are going to set new records, we are going to take WCBB to the next level a level that no other team can reach and we are going to have fun.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Tickled pink and quite frankly shocked. Had all but given up on getting Nelson-Ododa a long time ago. Didn't think they'd get KLS either. Never been happier to be wrong twice.

Oh, and UConn somehow has two #1 players in this class.

Carnac

Reaction Score

Sometimes one's fortune can turn with the roll of the dice, or the stroke of a pen.

Nelson-Ododa, who also was considering Duke, South Carolina, Florida State and Georgia, said she spent the last few weeks analyzing her visits and the programs she was considering with input from her parents.

She called coach Geno Auriemma Monday night to tell him that she had arrived at a decision.
She had him on speaker phone with her mom, Heather, and dad, Alonzo, a former player at Huntington University and the Kenyan national team, listening in.

"He was really excited about it," Nelson-Ododa said of Auriemma. "That was the fun part about it. He just didn't see it coming."

In addition to getting to know Williams better, Nelson-Ododa said she returned home from her trip to Storrs impressed with the UConn program, the family atmosphere and winning culture. She's also a big fan of the players already on the roster.

"I just really felt comfortable with everybody," she said. "It was great getting to know the coaches and the team."

Funny she should say that. Someone else recently expressed those same exact sentiments...........Azura. Class of 2019, take note.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom