Olivia To UConn! | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Olivia To UConn!

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Where is the crow?? I need to eat one!!

I thought we had NO (ZERO) chance of landing her.

Shows what I know........

Welcome Olivia!! Husky Nation will love you forever!!!!

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
“Just the culture they have up there, the girls and the coaching staff, I was able to connect with them almost instantly,” Nelson-Ododa said. “The ability to form relationships with the coaches and girls and realizing they have a special type of culture up there, that’s what led to this decision.” Winder-Barrow’s Olivia Nelson-Ododa commits to UConn

We have heard this again and again. A tribute to what Geno, CD, Shea & Marisha have established and perpetuate at UConn and a tribute to the character of the young women who become Huskies.

Reaction Score
“Just the culture they have up there, the girls and the coaching staff, I was able to connect with them almost instantly,” Nelson-Ododa said. “The ability to form relationships with the coaches and girls and realizing they have a special type of culture up there, that’s what led to this decision.” Winder-Barrow’s Olivia Nelson-Ododa commits to UConn

We have heard this again and again. A tribute to what Geno, CD, Shea & Marisha have established and perpetuate at UConn and a tribute to the character of the young women who become Huskies.
Interesting comment which leads me to wonder what exactly do other coaching staffs and players do? I assume every school and program rolls out the welcome wagon and red carpet for a recruit, so I wonder what is the differentiating factor? Unlike UConn, I know some schools want recruits to visit during a home football game weekend, but perhaps that doesn't help the way coaches think it does?

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
I know this is a ONO thread but if you want more laughs I suggest watching Kallina's latest periscope where he attempts to argue that UConn gets players soley due to ESPN. I think Olivia's move today really put a burr under his saddle.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I look forward to hearing Geno's comments. I expect he will cover some or all of these:

--Great student

--Nice kid

--Hard worker

--Long and athletic

--Very high ceiling

Reaction Score
Any claim KK might have made to being some kind of basketball guru got blown out of the water with that dopey comment. His snark is interfering with his ability to judge Geno's abilities objectively.

Who is this idiot KennyK and why does anyone care of his opinion? I've recently been introduced to his name on here- and all I can do is laugh at his tweets. Is this guy serious or is he just trying to have fun by making one dumb comment after another?

Also who is "Raoul?" And who is "Dr. Sterling Harris?"

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Who is this idiot KennyK and why does anyone care of his opinion? I've recently been introduced to his name on here- and all I can do is laugh at his tweets. Is this guy serious or is he just trying to have fun by making one dumb comment after another?

Also who is "Raoul?" And who is "Dr. Sterling Harris?"
Kallina is a coach and club director for a traveling team in Florida. He's actually pretty knowledgeable when it comes to the Xs and Os of the game, but for anything beyond that he relishes his self-appointed role as a dissident provocateur to the point that, let's just say, his objectivity suffers. He hates on Tennessee almost as much as he hates on UConn. He reverts to 3 or 4 overarching narratives for all things in WCBB, and one of those narratives is that ESPN functions as UConn's PR department. My personal opinion is that he knows how absurd he sounds and he's just getting a kick out of stirring the pot.

Reaction Score

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Out of all ONO's comments. I thought this one was very telling.

"He was really excited about it," Nelson-Ododa said of Auriemma. "That was the fun part about it. He just didn't see it coming."

To me this shows how Geno can "still" form very personal relations with today's players.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Last edited:

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Interesting comment which leads me to wonder what exactly do other coaching staffs and players do? I assume every school and program rolls out the welcome wagon and red carpet for a recruit, so I wonder what is the differentiating factor? Unlike UConn, I know some schools want recruits to visit during a home football game weekend, but perhaps that doesn't help the way coaches think it does?
UConn has something that no other school can match when it comes to recruiting, a wonderful group of smart, talented and highly motivated young women who bond with recruits.

Reaction Score
Looks like Brunelle might be next! Once again WISHFUL THINKING!!

Attachments

• 28231B49-6D89-487B-B079-4634CDC73894.png
    28231B49-6D89-487B-B079-4634CDC73894.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 162

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Her physique reminds me of Iciss Tillis.
Duke must have told her what a great medical program they have.
One of their players, Dr. Williams, is now practising in Connecticut.
How many of you would like to have an appointment with Dr NO in 2030?
If it means I'm still alive, sure. Actually an appointment with any Dr in 2030 would be good. :cool:

Ok, I guess it also depends on what type of medicine she is practicing. Say for instance a gynecologist? I'll pass. :rolleyes:

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
I know this is a ONO thread but if you want more laughs I suggest watching Kallina's latest periscope where he attempts to argue that UConn gets players soley due to ESPN. I think Olivia's move today really put a burr under his saddle.

That's funny. Solely? Geno and his program's incredible success play no role? The former All-Americans and Olympians are not factors? Sounds like he's annoyed that Olivia didn't choose Florida State.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom