NON-Uconn WCBB News | Page 29 | The Boneyard

NON-Uconn WCBB News

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
First day back for Oregon State as well! Talented, experienced, Senior led team now with great height/size too....might be their best team! Look out WBB!

(p.s. not sure how common it is for schools to produce clips like the one on twitter here, but the ongoing efforts of Oregon State's Athletic Communications are commendable. IMO "let's get it" is well done, especially the film editing and musical choice. Solid job and a nice way to publicize, highlight and inform the team's journey. Good promotional tool...keep up the good work OSU!]

Last edited:

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
For those who may be interested, the All ACC Women's Basketball Tip-Off is coming on tonight on the ACC channel at 9:00 pm CT. It is station 1610 on UVerse.

donalddoowop

Reaction Score
I just saw a 1996 Parade Magazine that included the girl's high school basketball AA selections. One was Shea Ralph and another was Paige Sauer. It was stated that Sauer committed to UConn. What kind of career did she have at UConn? She was a 6'5" post.

Reaction Score
First day back for Oregon State as well! Talented, experienced, Senior led team now with great height/size too....might be their best team! Look out WBB!

(p.s. not sure how common it is for schools to produce clips like the one on twitter here, but the ongoing efforts of Oregon State's Athletic Communications are commendable. IMO "let's get it" is well done, especially the film editing and musical choice. Solid job and a nice way to publicize, highlight and inform the team's journey. Good promotional tool...keep up the good work OSU!]

The biggest question is why wear Nike? Why support your main Rival like that.

Reaction Score

Article on Kat Tudor: OSU women's basketball: Tudor being patient while rehabbing from torn ACL

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
I just saw a 1996 Parade Magazine that included the girl's high school basketball AA selections. One was Shea Ralph and another was Paige Sauer. It was stated that Sauer committed to UConn. What kind of career did she have at UConn? She was a 6'5" post.

Made more of an impact as a young player when the talent was thinner. Big frame with decent skills, she eventually lost a lot of playing time to Kelly Schumacher and the TASSK forwards. Finished her career with a title in 2000. Known for being a good team player and still was drafted in the 2000 draft.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
So she won't be taking the court anytime soon, and perhaps not at all this season:

While Tudor has no idea when she may return to the court, she is waiting to hear about a possible medical redshirt — she did not qualify for one because she played in more than the allowed 30 percent of scheduled contests last season. She hopes to learn that outcome by the time the Beavers play their first game on Nov. 11.​
Regardless of what that decision turns out to be, Tudor will not rush her return and has begun to consider possibly sitting out all season and returning next year for her senior season.​

Tudor played in 13 games last year, which is the exact same number of games played by Daneesha Provo of Utah, who was granted a waiver and a sixth year of eligibility. (But the situations might be considered differnet because Provo also played a shortened season in her first year at Clemson.)

donalddoowop

Reaction Score
Made more of an impact as a young player when the talent was thinner. Big frame with decent skills, she eventually lost a lot of playing time to Kelly Schumacher and the TASSK forwards. Finished her career with a title in 2000. Known for being a good team player and still was drafted in the 2000 draft.
Thank you.

Reaction Score
Plebe said:
"Tudor played in 13 games last year, which is the exact same number of games played by Daneesha Provo of Utah, who was granted a waiver and a sixth year of eligibility. (But the situations might be considered different because Provo also played a shortened season in her first year at Clemson.)"

I believe that "torn ACL weekend" in the PAC-12 in January also claimed Nadia Fingall of Stanford.

Tudor's case for the medical redshirt season may be bolstered a bit by the fact that she missed much of the preseason practices prior to the '18-'19 season recovering from hand surgery. Having one or more extenuating circumstances in addition to the season-ending injury seems to be the key for regaining the lost season when the athlete played in just over 30% of the team's games. First, the PAC-12 FARs must approve of moving the PAC-12 athlete's case forward. If that should happen, then the NCAA makes the final determination.

Having Tudor back on the court and effective prior to the conference season beginning in January would make life for Slocum, Pivec, and Corosdale easier as the court spacing is stretched when opposing defenses have to track Tudor beyond the three-point line.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Tudor's case for the medical redshirt season may be bolstered a bit by the fact that she missed much of the preseason practices prior to the '18-'19 season recovering from hand surgery. Having one or more extenuating circumstances in addition to the season-ending injury seems to be the key for regaining the lost season when the athlete played in just over 30% of the team's games. First, the PAC-12 FARs must approve of moving the PAC-12 athlete's case forward. If that should happen, then the NCAA makes the final determination.
I'm no expert on NCAA waiver approval patterns, but I have never heard of a case where missing **preseason practice** was part of the rationale for a waiver request.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
The thing about "unfinished business", they end up staying unfinished.

I hope that you are correct. Oregon's players tend to exude a level of confidence/borderline arrogance that makes it very difficult for me to root for the Ducks. Lots of talent in Eugene.

There are numerous PAC-12 fans outside of Eugene that wish another team (Stanford or Oregon State) can knock off the favorites this season. If Sedona Prince is granted the opportunity to play right away, the Ducks will be prohibitive favorites to make it to New Orleans in April.

Plebe

Reaction Score
I hope that you are correct. Oregon's players tend to exude a level of confidence/borderline arrogance that makes it very difficult for me to root for the Ducks. Lots of talent in Eugene.

There are numerous PAC-12 fans outside of Eugene that wish another team (Stanford or Oregon State) can knock off the favorites this season. If Sedona Prince is granted the opportunity to play right away, the Ducks will be prohibitive favorites to make it to New Orleans in April.
Where exactly is the arrogance? Please cite the exact passage that "exudes" the ethos you find to be so off-putting that it's alienated all these "numerous" Pac-12 fans from hither and yon.

First, people on this board were certain she would declare for the draft because they judged her to be a "me-first" type of player. Then when she stays, she's so cocky and arrogant that no one can root for her.

Good lord. Anyone who seriously thinks that her staying isn't good for both the Pac-12 and for college basketball overall needs to re-evaluate themselves.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Where exactly is the arrogance? Please cite the exact passage that "exudes" the ethos you find to be so off- putting that it's alienated all these "numerous" Pac-12 fans from hither and yon.
Oregon's Graves during PAC-12 Media Day telecast when explaining why he shares his drills via Twitter: "We have Sabrina Ionescu and they don't."

That statement is true. And Ionescu is a special player. However, no need to state the obvious with respect to the talent level of your players. Let her play define her eventual success.

If you knew players from a number of the teams who attended the PAC-12 Media Day event in San Fran, you would gain a better perspective for how others perceive the Ducks.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Oregon's Graves during PAC-12 Media Day telecast when explaining why he shares his drills via Twitter: "We have Sabrina Ionescu and they don't."

That statement is true. And Ionescu is a special player. However, no need to state the obvious with respect to the talent level of your players. Let her play define her eventual success.

If you knew players from a number of the teams who attended the PAC-12 Media Day event in San Fran, you would gain a better perspective for how others perceive the Ducks.

All this shows is that Graves is stealing Geno's material (and results). :eek:

Plebe

Reaction Score

Well, I saw that segment as well, and if you take it all in context, there's nothing wrong with it. Kudos to him for sharing his team's drills on social media. Reminds me of how Geno has always had an "open doors" policy toward any coaches who want to come watch his practices.

I'm sure some other players do have their petty jealousy, which says more about them than it does anyone from Oregon. That's to be expected from lesser foes, and is something that UConn fans are well accustomed to hearing from certain factions over the past 25-ish years.

Reaction Score
I am a die-hard OSU WBB Fan. I enjoy watching this UO WBB Program. They are great for PAC-12 WBB, and, all of WCBB. The other reason I like having them in the PAC-12, is there is no other conference that can prepare our squad for the NCAA Playoffs. And the Ducks are our in-state rival. It doesn't get much better.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I am a die-hard OSU WBB Fan. I enjoy watching this UO WBB Program. They are great for PAC-12 WBB, and, all of WCBB. The other reason I like having them in the PAC-12, is there is no other conference that can prepare our squad for the NCAA Playoffs. And the Ducks are our in-state rival. It doesn't get much better.

You're a better person than me

Reaction Score
Stealing Geno's results? Not yet, as far as I can tell. Maybe when a championship or two before claiming that you have Geno's results.
You mean several Championships.....I mean even Brenda has one...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom