NON-Uconn WCBB News | Page 5 | The Boneyard

NON-Uconn WCBB News

Status
Not open for further replies.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Not many schools have all/most of their key players as transfers.

Many schools now rely heavily on the transfer market to build their teams. Mississippi State, South Carolina, Florida State, and Ohio State among others could all be labeled transfer U.

Reaction Score
Many schools now rely heavily on the transfer market to build their teams. Mississippi State, South Carolina, Florida State, and Ohio State among others could all be labeled transfer U.

and maybe UConn too.................;)

bbsamjj

Rutgers Rooter
Reaction Score
RU losing a ton to graduation this year, particularly in the post (Carey, Harris, Jenkins will all depart--their top 3 posts) but guard situation looking pretty darn good with return of KK Sanders (senior guard who has not played at all this year due to injury--would have been likely starting PG), CC Cryor, Zippy Broughton, Noga Peleg Plec, Arella Guirantes, and now Morris. If Maori Davenport is real deal and can adjust quickly to the college game, they will still be dangerous.

Reaction Score
Quite some panache in her Instagram announcement, as well.

My next question: Does she have to spend a year in residence at Rutgers before becoming eligible?
Panache ? Just sounds like a kid with 2 strikes thanking the support system that got her the 2 strikes.....not good.

There could not have been that many places for her to go.....but getting as far away from home as she could has to be a good thing.

Hate to see that great a talent get wasted....great believer in 2nd, 3rd, 100dth chances but CVS is gonna have to be a bit more than a coach here.

Very short leash needed here.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Panache ? Just sounds like a kid with 2 strikes thanking the support system that got her the 2 strikes.....not good.
How did her support system get her the 2 strikes?

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score

There could not have been that many places for her to go.....but getting as far away from home as she could has to be a good thing.

Hate to see that great a talent get wasted....great believer in 2nd, 3rd, 100dth chances but CVS is gonna have to be a bit more than a coach here.

Very short leash needed here.
Which I’m sure CVS knows and must feel comfortable being.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
That Duke team wasn't winning anything. Gimmie a break.

If the Gonzaga kid hadn't have bricked in that three in the waning minutes of our Final Four, matchup, daddy Martin would have taken care of UNC for you folks though.

Hey, if we make the Dance, we'll be happy to do Zion the same way we did Tatum.

Duke isnt a one man team...... No offense..... but yall are probably the 8th best team in the Carolinas..... yall dont want no smoke from the #1 team :cool: Duke, UNC, NC State, UNCG, Wofford, Furman, Clemson, then either yall or Davidson :p

Reaction Score

RU's top 4 scorers and 6/8 are transfers. Other than Ohio St, are any of the teams even close? No.

Reaction Score

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Haha, I love Maria C getting into it with her typical holier-than-thou "Please do not disrespect the summitt." Lol.

I will say this though: Cunningham is clearly a dirty player. She's had multiple beefs with multiple teams. That doesn't happen by accident.

I hope she makes a WNBA team.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Haha, I love Maria C getting into it with her typical holier-than-thou "Please do not disrespect the summitt." Lol.

I will say this though: Cunningham is clearly a dirty player. She's had multiple beefs with multiple teams. That doesn't happen by accident.
Maria C is a piece of work. Notice it's not "don't disrespect Holly / the Vols," it's don't disrespect the court named after her Deity.

I like the fact that Cunningham didn't let the Tennessee staff member get away with not touching her hand.

Reaction Score
Depends on program standards and player behavior moving forward.

Admittedly there is probably less leeway at Baylor than any other institution in the country for the infractions she committed .....but we’re talking patterns here, not a single incident.......and CVS got “comfortable” in less than a month ?

Hey, sincere good luck to both.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
What d
1548115628722.jpeg

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
RU's top 4 scorers and 6/8 are transfers. Other than Ohio St, are any of the teams even close? No.

Wasnt trying to make it a competition...just pointing out how a lot of teams are becoming reliant on transfers in today's day and age.

Reaction Score
Depends on program standards and player behavior moving forward.

Admittedly there is probably less leeway at Baylor than any other institution in the country for the infractions she committed .....but we’re talking patterns here, not a single incident..and CVS got “comfortable” in less than a month ?

Hey, sincere good luck to both.
I think CVS will be able to help her. The vast majority of women who have played for her really love her and look at her as a role model. At our pregame huddle yesterday, Kathleen Fitzpatrick - a former player who is now an unpaid intern assistant and an aspiring basketball coach (she was also a transfer to RU) - gushed abut how much she loved both playing and working for Vivian and how she was so glad she transferred to RU. She must really enjoy the program, as she is commuting from Philly everyday for an unpaid position. I look forward to having Alexis join our team and I am glad Vivian is giving her the opportunity.

Reaction Score
The class of 2017 had a lot of small, and quick PGs that were highly ranked. Patterson, Carter, Williams, Morris, and Evans. Morris could have been a problem at the point this year for Baylor, but I'm happy for her at Rutgers. The jury is out on Patterson, but the other three are doing pretty. I would want Williams as my PG out of the five.

Reaction Score
Duke isnt a one man team. No offense..... but yall are probably the 8th best team in the Carolinas..... yall dont want no smoke from the #1 team :cool: Duke, UNC, NC State, UNCG, Wofford, Furman, Clemson, then either yall or Davidson :p

It think this is what you said two years ago. Probably have the same result if the teams met up, IMO. Only so much of a coaching deficit that talent can make up for.

too bad we know Duke is in the business of ducking South Carolina in all sports whenever possible because you scairt.

Or do you want to make up the snow game?

Reaction Score
Grace Berg left Mizzou. She was ranked #36 in 2018. USF, K-State, and Minnesota coaches are among her new twitter followers.

Reaction Score
Personally, I think the whole transfer business is out of hand.

It’s ridiculous, and in the long term hurts the sport. The short term effect is to concentrate talent, so it’s a quick fix to the “chasing UConn” problem. So the illusion of parity presents itself, but I question its long term effects.

One of the attractions of the UConn program was the non reliance on transfers. It’s just me I’m sure but I’m not a fan of Geno taking transfers now.
Just not.

Individual circumstances from time to time are fine. What happened at Kentucky, Marist, etc is something else.

Now we have...
  1. Poaching
  2. Inheritance of off court issues
  3. Players exhibit zero loyalty to their word - if you cheat on your 1st team you’ll cheat on your 2nd
  4. Teams and coaches will whore themselves out in a heartbeat - this is still college, not the pros, and in a 2nd tier sport to most AD’s and SID’s
  5. Collusion of athletes - “we’ll leave together”
I understand why people get married, and I understand why people get divorced....what I understand less is why people get remarried.

Rant over

Plebe

Reaction Score
Last edited:

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I understand why people get married, and I understand why people get divorced....what I understand less is why people get remarried.

Rant over
You can learn a lot in that first marriage. Can make the 2nd much better, IF you actually learn and apply. Now 3rd time, yea I don't get that.

Reaction Score
You can learn a lot in that first marriage. Can make the 2nd much better, IF you actually learn and apply. Now 3rd time, yea I don't get that.

Yeah, I said sometimes, or least intimated, that sometimes is okay

But now you have coaches actually following twitter feeds of players.....and there are people here actually tracking that stuff

Nonsense

That's like trolling the local bar scene for wife #3 when your still not done with #1 and #2......and doing it in front of your friends and in-laws

None of it passes the smell test

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69