NON-Uconn WCBB News | Page 4 | The Boneyard

NON-Uconn WCBB News

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Suffered season ending injury in Canada. Enrolling for classes for the spring semester and will rehab at South Carolina.

Reaction Score
Basically all that did was give UNC the title. Duke was the only team capable of knocking them off in the tournament. Those west coast chokers (gongaza and Oregon) spit the bit

actually the reluctance was being in the same building as the real Carolina .;) ... SC doesnt wanna see Duke this year in basketball (men's)

That Duke team wasn't winning anything. Gimmie a break.

If the Gonzaga kid hadn't have bricked in that three in the waning minutes of our Final Four, matchup, daddy Martin would have taken care of UNC for you folks though.

Hey, if we make the Dance, we'll be happy to do Zion the same way we did Tatum.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Good for her. Didn’t think she would end up at Mississippi State with the bevy of guards they have incoming and currently.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
What was injury #2?
The article doesn’t say. Her first injury was an ACL tear that cost her jr yr of HS ball. Whatever this injury is, it will cost her the rest of her senior season. Tough break, whatever it is.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Do we start calling it Transfer U ?

(As @Plebe noted yday, 3 of their key players this year started elsewhere.)

Most schools these days could be labeled as transfer U. Huge get for Rutgers. I thought their program was dead in the water but props to Stringer for turning things around.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
Not many schools have all/most of their key players as transfers.
In recent years it’s been hard getting top recruits (other than Zippy Brougton and Maori Davenport who will both be key players in upcoming years)so why not go an alternative route to get good players?

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Do we start calling it Transfer U ?

(As @Plebe noted yday, 3 of their key players this year started elsewhere.)
More than three, actually.

In addition to Carey (Pitt), Cryor (Ga. Tech) and Guirantes (Texas Tech), they have Caitlin Jenkins (Southern Miss/Southern U Shreveport), Sierra Calhoun (Duke/Ohio State) and Charise Wilson (Rhode Island).

That's their top 4 scorers, and 6 of their top 8 scorers.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
I'm disappointed for her, but glad she will see USC/Mizzou as her first game on the bench (or likely, behind it).

Plebe

Reaction Score
Quite some panache in her Instagram announcement, as well.

My next question: Does she have to spend a year in residence at Rutgers before becoming eligible?

Reaction Score
Quite some panache in her Instagram announcement, as well.

My next question: Does she have to spend a year in residence at Rutgers before becoming eligible?

No logical reason she wouldnt be eligible in the fall.

Though logic or consistency has not been high in these decisions.

Plebe

Reaction Score
No logical reason she wouldnt be eligible in the fall.

Though logic or consistency has not been high in these decisions.
But wasn't that the reason Cooper wasn't eligible to play last year for SC, even though she'd spent the entire previous year out with an injury?

Reaction Score
23687A8A-7645-4481-9217-F9EED6B8E424.jpeg

Got my son to help me put this photo in. I know Rickea Jackson is the headliner but mark my word Jamya Young will be a name you hear a lot in the future!

Reaction Score
I looked over the list of McD nominees and there must be a thousand names. Hell, I thought I saw my name! :)
Agree, many nominees and I suspect Rickea will be the only MSST recruit to actually make the cut. IMHO, if Jamya can successful recover from her leg injury she will be a steal for MSST. Really proud of my picture posting because it is a first for me and even with help it was an accomplishment at least for me!

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
We like our visiting fans - you guys add a lot to our board - but this is still a UConn board so I’m starting a thread for non-UConn teams.

Thanks for understanding

Reaction Score
Rutgers football may continue to suck but their WBB program is looking awfully good........

Reaction Score
We like our visiting fans - you guys add a lot to our board - but this is still a UConn board so I’m starting a thread for non-UConn teams.

Thanks for understanding

we have one...................I think it's non UConn news plus non UConn recruiting news

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom