NON-Uconn WCBB News | Page 2 | The Boneyard

NON-Uconn WCBB News

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Some really sad news from Down Under, about a former Baylor player:

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/basket...-but-at-devastating-cost-20181223-p50nz2.html

Sport can be incredibly cruel sometimes.​
The Canberra Capitals thrashed reigning WNBL champions Townsville Fire 81-55 in Queensland on Sunday but the win came at a devastating cost after Kristy Wallace went down injured.​
Wallace only returned for the Capitals on Friday night after spending nine months in rehab following a knee reconstruction.​
In her second game back she went down in agony clutching the same knee and looks to have re-torn her anterior cruciate ligament.​

One post hard to "like". Cruel indeed.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Doug Bruno is back on the sideline for DePaul, but his team is in trouble against Creighton, down 77-71 with less than 5 minutes to play:

Game is streaming on Foxsports2go:
Live

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Doug Bruno is back on the sideline for DePaul, but his team is in trouble against Creighton, down 77-71 with less than 5 minutes to play:

Game is streaming on Foxsports2go:
Live

Well Creighton holds on. Kissinger shot lights out which leads me to a mystery I do not understand.
Based on the stat line below, Kissinger was spectacular offensively against Depaul (6-7 from 3pt) and their were mo other blemishes on her stat line. 0PF, 0 TO etc. So how come she only played 18 minutes? Recap indicates no hint of injury. Her shooting arm was too tired after the Christmas break?? :confused:

1546175339944.png

Reaction Score
Congrats to Coach McGraw on win 900. She’s either 4th or 5th fastest to 900 Wins.

Reaction Score
Bad News. Auburn Senior Emari Jones tore Her ACL our for the season. Big loss for Auburn. Bummed out.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Really sorry to hear this. Not just out for the season, but this ends her career. She's played in too many games this season to be eligible for the medical hardship waiver.

Knee Injury a Season-Ender For Auburn Hoops Senior Emari Jones
I’m hoping some of the Bench Players can fill Her role. Tomorrow is a big test against Tennessee at home. If Auburn plays well I think they can win. This Team has more offensive fire power then in years past under coach Flo.

Last edited:

temery

What?
Reaction Score
I’m hoping some of the Bwnch Players can fill Her role. Tomorrow is a big test against Tennessee at home. If Auburn plays well I think they can win. This Team has more offensive fire power then in years past under coach Flo.

What's a bwnch?

Plebe

Reaction Score
The Tennessee-Missouri game thread got locked, so I'll just quietly drop this here :)

Reaction Score
The Tennessee-Missouri game thread got locked, so I'll just quietly drop this here :)

This is a great video of it lol. None of that audio would have been picked up by the other camera. It's not as bad it I thought. The lady I'm sure feels bad, but it's what you have to stand by. She didn't want to shake her hand for whatever reason, sportsmanlike or not, she can do that. Sophie reaching back and making her is of course super fearless. I don't get the hate from former players like DD. Sophie has lead teams that on paper, should not have won, against the likes of DD and Wilson. She ha sthe heart of a competition. It's in her nature, and I like what she did.

From a perspective of neither hating or liking the Tennessee program, I thought that this could have been much worse. The Tennessee staff was emotional, and proceeded with her actions. I'm sure many of us have acted in ways in our profession that we aren't proud of. Just we aren't on national television. She's the adult, but if she didn't want to give her a high five so be it.

Sophie acted in the only way she knows how to. That's okay too. It gives WCBB a little bit of flavor during the season. I have watched her play, and will say her aggressive nature is putting it mildly. But if she isn't called for it, it can't be considered dirty (right?)?

The situation just adds more fuel to the fire for the SEC season. Personally, I want to see them (both Mizzou and TN) beat SC. There's bad blood in both of those matchups.

Reaction Score
This is a great video of it lol. None of that audio would have been picked up by the other camera. It's not as bad it I thought. The lady I'm sure feels bad, but it's what you have to stand by. She didn't want to shake her hand for whatever reason, sportsmanlike or not, she can do that. Sophie reaching back and making her is of course super fearless. I don't get the hate from former players like DD. Sophie has lead teams that on paper, should not have won, against the likes of DD and Wilson. She ha sthe heart of a competition. It's in her nature, and I like what she did.

From a perspective of neither hating or liking the Tennessee program, I thought that this could have been much worse. The Tennessee staff was emotional, and proceeded with her actions. I'm sure many of us have acted in ways in our profession that we aren't proud of. Just we aren't on national television. She's the adult, but if she didn't want to give her a high five so be it.

Sophie acted in the only way she knows how to. That's okay too. It gives WCBB a little bit of flavor during the season. I have watched her play, and will say her aggressive nature is putting it mildly. But if she isn't called for it, it can't be considered dirty (right?)?

The situation just adds more fuel to the fire for the SEC season. Personally, I want to see them (both Mizzou and TN) beat SC. There's bad blood in both of those matchups.
Love Sophie!

Reaction Score

I never thought I’d see the day a UCONN fan would root for UT to beat someone.

Reaction Score
I knew I wasn't crazy. I was wondering why that freshman for UT was going after Sophie when Mizzou was walking off. Please tell me they play again this year!

Plebe

Reaction Score
I knew I wasn't crazy. I was wondering why that freshman for UT was going after Sophie when Mizzou was walking off. Please tell me they play again this year!
Sunday, February 17, at Missouri.
And then maybe again in the SEC tournament.

Reaction Score
Just catching up on this thread. That is such sad news about Kristy Wallace re-injuring her knee. I cannot believe how many women basketball players are tearing their ACLs? Wonder if anyone is exploring if/how to prepare the legs to avoid this injury? Or, can a brace be worn to keep this injury from happening?

Reaction Score
Rewatching MSST SC game Dawn was the 1st person out on the court to be there for Chole. This was an important game for SC seeding in the BIG DANCE and I know Dawn wanted the win but when Chole was down, Dawn was there. I love Dawn Staley not as a coach but as a human being, one classy lady.

Reaction Score
Rewatching MSST SC game Dawn was the 1st person out on the court to be there for Chole. This was an important game for SC seeding in the BIG DANCE and I know Dawn wanted the win but when Chole was down, Dawn was there. I love Dawn Staley not as a coach but as a human being, one classy lady.
For some reason she has seemed to get a bad reputation at times. I like her she brings a certain swagger to coaching that I like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom