NON-Uconn WCBB News | Page 7 | The Boneyard

NON-Uconn WCBB News

Status
Not open for further replies.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
I like South Florida here.
YOu stole my line/thunder! I would have put it as “Schocked to see USF as a potential landing spot for a Euro :rolleyes:“ but the point is made.
Too bad she isn’t the class of 2019...
Speaking of which, are any Euro’s or Aussies for the fall of 2019 available?

jonson

Oregonian
Reaction Score
YOu stole my line/thunder! I would have put it as “Schocked to see USF as a potential landing spot for a Euro :rolleyes:“ but the point is made.
Too bad she isn’t the class of 2019...
Speaking of which, are any Euro’s or Aussies for the fall of 2019 available?

I actually think Oregon is a real possibility here. There are three Euros on the team this year and there will be three next year as well, with rumors of another possible recruit from Germany.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
The Lesser Carolina vs Duke matchup has officially been cancelled. Got an email today from the Duke Ticket Office. Refunds will be issued and processed within 5-7 business days. Guess that means I can afford 3 more Lamb Soulvakis now :p

See yall next season in Columbia.

look forward to kicking some rooster arse in colonial life

Reaction Score
The Lesser Carolina vs Duke matchup has officially been cancelled. Got an email today from the Duke Ticket Office. Refunds will be issued and processed within 5-7 business days. Guess that means I can afford 3 more Lamb Soulvakis now :p

See yall next season in Columbia.

look forward to kicking some rooster arse in colonial life

I have grave concerns for the mechanical integrity of the Duke bus that weekend.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
NC State's Elissa Cunane named National Freshman of the Week and the ACC Rookie of the week.

Congratulations and hang on to your positive Karma while it lasts....for another week until Louisville, ND and the blue bloods appear on your schedule...

CBus13

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
The other Transfer thread was locked and this is technically Non-Uconn Wcbb News so...
Farley leaves LSU, enters NCAA transfer portal

She was highly ranked out of a New Jersey High School. I don't remember hearing much about her play, I think she struggled for minutes at LSU.

Reaction Score
The other Transfer thread was locked and this is technically Non-Uconn Wcbb News so...
Farley leaves LSU, enters NCAA transfer portal

She was highly ranked out of a New Jersey High School. I don't remember hearing much about her play, I think she struggled for minutes at LSU.

She was a lazy player at LSU and didn't seem very motivated. She isn't very good offensively, she is very lazy on defensive end. Unless her work ethic improves, I'm afraid she will struggle for minutes anywhere else she goes. Best of luck to her.

She was also critical in getting a big 5 star basketball player to the mens team (Naz Reid). They were dating.

Reaction Score

She missed the cut on Hoopgurlz final top 100, but was ranked in the top-20 before that. 14 on Prospects Nation.

CBus13

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
She missed the cut on Hoopgurlz final top 100, but was ranked in the top-20 before that. 14 on Prospects Nation.

I didn't realize that. I know Khayla Pointer's (LSU's point guard) ranking varied heavily between the bunch. I tend to not to look to Hoopgurlz for rankings with how free wheeling they are with their Five Star rankings, but to at one point be top 20 and then completely fall off the rankings is alarming, regardless of what service it is.

She did end up being a McDonald's All-American, but I don't remember how she did in that game.

Fightin Choke

Golden Dome Fan
Reaction Score
She didn't just "miss out" on the Hoopgurlz top 100, but rather was awarded only 3 stars. In 2017, Hoopgurlz had 52 athletes rated as 5 stars and the rest of the top 100 was 4 stars (48). Assuming that 4 stars are more common than 5 stars, she must have really dropped in Olson's estimation to get only 3.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I didn't realize that. I know Khayla Pointer's (LSU's point guard) ranking varied heavily between the bunch. I tend to not to look to Hoopgurlz for rankings with how free wheeling they are with their Five Star rankings, but to at one point be top 20 and then completely fall off the rankings is alarming, regardless of what service it is.
She did end up being a McDonald's All-American, but I don't remember how she did in that game.

She didn't just "miss out" on the Hoopgurlz top 100, but rather was awarded only 3 stars. In 2017, Hoopgurlz had 52 athletes rated as 5 stars and the rest of the top 100 was 4 stars (48). Assuming that 4 stars are more common than 5 stars, she must have really dropped in Olson's estimation to get only 3.

Farley is exactly the reverse of Kennedy Brown this season in terms of the rating services.
Brown 2019: McDonalds' Game AA player, ranked 100 by ProspectsNation and 19th in ESPN.
Farley in 2017: McDonalds' Game AA player, Ranked 14 by ESPN and 100 + by ESPN.
Cooks in 2017: McDonalds' Game AA player, Ranked 5th by ESPN and 69 by ProspectsNation.
Happens every year.

Fightin Choke

Golden Dome Fan
Reaction Score
Farley is exactly the reverse of Kennedy Brown this season in terms of the rating services.
Brown 2019: McDonalds' Game AA player, ranked 100 by ProspectsNation and 19th in ESPN.
Farley in 2017: McDonalds' Game AA player, Ranked 14 by ESPN and 100 + by ESPN.
Cooks in 2017: McDonalds' Game AA player, Ranked 5th by ESPN and 69 by ProspectsNation.
Happens every year.
But it's a little different in that Farley-Clark was previously ranked very highly by Hoopgurlz and was later moved way down. I don't have her earlier ranking, but it was high. You can even see how Olson liked her earlier and then his last comment was sort of damned by faint praise.

Earlier: Boo Williams Invitational-April 2016: Athletic faceup-4 performer stretches the defense to the arc; finishes in block, creates space, elevates in lane and delivers; attacks glass, superb in transition; a stock-riser in the class of 2017.

Next/last evaluation: New Year's Resolution-January 2017: Agile big forward competes on glass, finishes plays in traffic; mobile in uptempo game.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
But it's a little different in that Farley-Clark was previously ranked very highly by Hoopgurlz and was later moved way down. I don't have her earlier ranking, but it was high. You can even see how Olson liked her earlier and then his last comment was sort of damned by faint praise.

Earlier: Boo Williams Invitational-April 2016: Athletic faceup-4 performer stretches the defense to the arc; finishes in block, creates space, elevates in lane and delivers; attacks glass, superb in transition; a stock-riser in the class of 2017.

Next/last evaluation: New Year's Resolution-January 2017: Agile big forward competes on glass, finishes plays in traffic; mobile in uptempo game.
I'm not sure she moved way down. Dan's rating were over a 3 year period beginning in 2014 when Farley was a Sophomore. Her final grade was 90. If you achieve a 90 rating as a sophomore that pretty good but it also leaves a lot of room to move people ahead of you. I suspect this is what happen: Farley graded high (90) as a Sophomore when the pool of players was much smaller and never improved. Kasiyahna Kushkituah at TN took a very similar rating "perceived slide".

Reaction Score
ESPN had her in the top 20 during the fall of her senior season

ESPN does update the ranking though at the end before they go to college. They updated it in the spring and she went from a 5 star player to a very low 3 star prospect. I was honestly shocked she even was nominated to the AA game. She looked really bad her senior season.

Fightin Choke

Golden Dome Fan
Reaction Score
I'm not sure she moved way down. Dan's rating were over a 3 year period beginning in 2014 when Farley was a Sophomore. Her final grade was 90. If you achieve a 90 rating as a sophomore that pretty good but it also leaves a lot of room to move people ahead of you. I suspect this is what happen: Farley graded high (90) as a Sophomore when the pool of players was much smaller and never improved. Kasiyahna Kushkituah at TN took a very similar rating "perceived slide".
I wrote: "But it's a little different in that Farley-Clark was previously ranked very highly by Hoopgurlz and was later moved way down."

I said her ranking dropped; I didn't mention her rating. I agree that if everyone else is improving and you are static, then you are falling behind. That happened to both Farley-Clark and Kushkituah, as you suggest. But to move from top 20 (5-star) to out of the top 100 (and only a 3-star) is a precipitous decline in ranking. I mention the 3-star to indicate that she wasn't just a bit out of the top 100 but far out of the top 100.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
WBB coaches in the news for the wrong reasons:

Raoul on Twitter

Going back many years, a couple HS teammates on the football team skipped practice one day for no particularly good reason. The next day, after a full practice in pads and 20 team wind sprints, the HC had the two offending players crawl the full length of the field, in pads, 100 yds, both up and back on their elbows, while the rest of us watched. Needless to say, no one else ever skipped another practice without a legitimate reason.

Reaction Score
I don't care how bad the competition is....that's a lot of points....

The competition isn't very good but she is a very talented player. Will be interesting to see how she adjusts to college year one. Hopefully by then we will have a new coach to help her dominate. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom