NON-Uconn WCBB News | Page 8 | The Boneyard

NON-Uconn WCBB News

Status
Not open for further replies.

IWearShoes

Mississippi State
Reaction Score
I don't care how bad the competition is....that's a lot of points....

This immediately reminded me of a player many on this board are familiar with. Taken from a 2014 article by Rick Cleveland...

"True, Class 2A is the second smallest of Mississippi’s public school athletic classifications, but Scott Central often schedules up in class. Anyway, Vivians scored the 41, four under her average, on a Friday night.

The next night, playing against 6A powerhouse Tupelo, and despite often being double- and triple-teamed, she went for 60. That’s right: sixty. She can score against anybody.

Vivians has continued her onslaught on the record books since then — this, despite the fact, Chad Harrison, her coach, often sits her when Scott Central takes a big lead against an inferior opponent.

Still, she doesn’t get the credit she deserves. And I’m not talking about tweets and e-mails here. Somehow or another, the group that selects McDonald’s All-Americans left Vivians off the list — this, despite the fact she now ranks second in the nation in scoring at 46 points per game.

Apparently, a 23-person committee — made up of reporters, analysts and coaches — selects players for the McDonald’s honor. One wonders if these are the same people who write the copy for The Weather Channel and can’t figure out Mississippi — “the land mass between New Orleans and Mobile” — exists.

I mean: How do you overlook 46 points per game and well over 5,000 points in a career?

There’s more, sometime this week or next, Vivians, who will play collegiately at Mississippi State, will become the all-time national high school CAREER scoring leader.

She will score more points than any female player has ever scored in U.S. high school basketball. And yet the National Federation of High Schools (NFHS) will not recognize that feat because Victoria scored 573 of her points as an eighth grader. The NFHS recognizes only points scored from the ninth grade through the 12th."

Reaction Score
Bella Alarie broke both the Princeton and Ivy-League single game scoring record with 45 points (20-28 FG) in Princeton’s 79-64 victory over Columbia.

that's great to hear...................how long has she been back from her injury?

Reaction Score
that's great to hear....how long has she been back from her injury?
She has played in 8 games since missing the first 9 of the season.

They are 7-1 in her presence and 2-7 in her absence, although they played a much tougher schedule in the 9 games without her than the 8 with her.

Through 8 games, she is averaging 22.8 points on 53.6% shooting and 10.1 rebounds.

Reaction Score
She has played in 8 games since missing the first 9 of the season.

They are 7-1 in her presence and 2-7 in her absence, although they played a much tougher schedule in the 9 games without her than the 8 with her.

Through 8 games, she is averaging 22.8 points on 53.6% shooting and 10.1 rebounds.

I wonder how her game would translate at a top ten school?

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Jazz Holmes is the heart of MSST women basketball. I know the stars are McCowan and Howard but without Jazz we would be lost. She has come a long way since I first saw her play and I believe that occurred because of her effort, THANK YOU, Jazz!

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score

That will put a damper on your senior season.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Last edited:

Plebe

Reaction Score
Losing Jenkins isn't necessarily devastating for Rutgers, but she was their leading rebounder and #5 scorer. Not a starter but averaged almost 20 minutes a game. It certainly hurts their depth at the post position, as she gave Carey and Harris a cushion for foul trouble.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
This article from nj.com about the Jenkins case contains extensive details about Alexis Morris's legal issues that I hadn't seen officially made public until now:

Rutgers women’s basketball player arrested 2 weeks after team lands star recruit with checkered past

I'm not sure the second arrest was made public.

She was then arrested in late December in her hometown of Beaumont, Texas, on marijuana possession and possession of a dangerous object charges, according to arrest records.

Morris remained enrolled at Baylor following her dismissal and there was local speculation she could potentially return to the team after the 2018-19 season. Her name was reportedly placed in the NCAA transfer portal after the second arrest, which occurred on Dec. 28, 2018 at 9:45 a.m. local time, according to arrest records. Beaumont Police have not yet responded to an open record request seeking more information on the incident.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Nearly lost amid the UT-Baylor drama last night was a significant win by LSU over Mizzou.

After their worst performance of the season last week, LSU women’s basketball coach Nikki Fargas flipped the script on her players for Monday’s game with Missouri.​
Fargas turned over scouting and practice plans to players and treated the game like a road trip. The result was the team play Fargas has been asking for in a 61-51 victory at the Maravich Assembly Center.​
Don't look now ( @SECbbfan24 ), but LSU is squarely on the NCAA bubble right now. They already have 3 solid top-50 wins (Texas A&M, Florida St, Missouri), and as long as they can keep their RPI withing range (currently #54), I really think they're in.

Reaction Score
Nearly lost amid the UT-Baylor drama last night was a significant win by LSU over Mizzou.

After their worst performance of the season last week, LSU women’s basketball coach Nikki Fargas flipped the script on her players for Monday’s game with Missouri.​
Fargas turned over scouting and practice plans to players and treated the game like a road trip. The result was the team play Fargas has been asking for in a 61-51 victory at the Maravich Assembly Center.​
Don't look now ( @SECbbfan24 ), but LSU is squarely on the NCAA bubble right now. They already have 3 solid top-50 wins (Texas A&M, Florida St, Missouri), and as long as they can keep their RPI withing range (currently #54), I really think they're in.

It will be close down the stretch, a loss to Florida or Vandy would be a killer. Depends really how they finish up conference play. I am not confident we win at Kentucky or A&M. Miss St will be a slaughter again. We have Arkansas and Auburn at home still

Plebe

Reaction Score
It will be close down the stretch, a loss to Florida or Vandy would be a killer. Depends really how they finish up conference play. I am not confident we win at Kentucky or A&M. Miss St will be a slaughter again. We have Arkansas and Auburn at home still
I think if LSU just wins 3 of those last 7 games, they're in pretty good shape. With the quality wins they already have, just holding serve against Florida, Vandy and either Arkansas or Auburn should be good enough.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Ha well, there it looks like about 3 inches. Didn't look that way on the court last night.

Reaction Score
I think if LSU just wins 3 of those last 7 games, they're in pretty good shape. With the quality wins they already have, just holding serve against Florida, Vandy and either Arkansas or Auburn should be good enough.

I want us to win but I also want a new HC...

Does that make me a bad fan? :(

Reaction Score

MSU,SC,TAMU,KY,Mizzou are surely in.
GA has a really easy sked and will climb in the standings.
That's 6.

You really think 3-4 down the stretch will be enough to beat out Ark, Aub, Tenn?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom