Non-UConn Recruiting Thread | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Non-UConn Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
6-8 Sela Heide from outside of Seattle committed to Cal over the weekend. They are loading up on front court players. Both her parents are Oregon St. alums. It's uncertain if OSU showed much interest in her. She's had a series of leg injuries during her career.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I admit, I dont pay a whole lot of attention to high school recruiting, but this here caught my attention a few weeks ago. A Fall signee for NC A&T (My aggies)

As some of you may know.... NC A&T is the largest HBCU in the country... and its located the a fairly sizable city of Greensboro (295,000 or so)

I saw that....and thought to myself.... how in the heck does a White player from a small town in PA with a black population of less than 4% end up at a Southern HBCU.

Here is an article about her Connellsville's 6-foot-4 Sara Aumer picks North Carolina A&T

An interesting snippet in the article

Williams admits that Aumer’s college choice is interesting due to the fact that Aumer is a white player from rural Pennsylvania and North Carolina A&T is the largest traditionally black university in the country.

“She said it felt like home, which might sound a little strange, but when you find the right coach and the right fit, you know,” said Williams.

One of North Carolina A&T’s assistant coaches is Jaleesa Sams, a former player there and a New Castle native. Sams was the Post-Gazette player of the year in 2007 when she led New Castle to a WPIAL title.

Williams also coached Sams.

“That started the conversation and I think she went down and loved it,” Williams said. “Honestly, I think it’s a really good fit for her.

Reaction Score
I admit, I dont pay a whole lot of attention to high school recruiting, but this here caught my attention a few weeks ago. A Fall signee for NC A&T (My aggies)

As some of you may know.... NC A&T is the largest HBCU in the country... and its located the a fairly sizable city of Greensboro (295,000 or so)

I saw that....and thought to myself.... how in the heck does a White player from a small town in PA with a black population of less than 4% end up at a Southern HBCU.

Here is an article about her Connellsville's 6-foot-4 Sara Aumer picks North Carolina A&T

An interesting snippet in the article

Williams admits that Aumer’s college choice is interesting due to the fact that Aumer is a white player from rural Pennsylvania and North Carolina A&T is the largest traditionally black university in the country.

“She said it felt like home, which might sound a little strange, but when you find the right coach and the right fit, you know,” said Williams.

One of North Carolina A&T’s assistant coaches is Jaleesa Sams, a former player there and a New Castle native. Sams was the Post-Gazette player of the year in 2007 when she led New Castle to a WPIAL title.

Williams also coached Sams.

“That started the conversation and I think she went down and loved it,” Williams said. “Honestly, I think it’s a really good fit for her.

Coincidental post, because I actually watched her play a few weeks ago. She has solid skills and mobility at 6-4, so it'll be interesting to watch her develop.

Also, their other 2020 front court signee, Zikeyah Carter-Ransom, is the sister of Mississippi State's Jessika Carter.

Solid class for the Aggies.

Reaction Score
Is it ok to discuss players that UCONN might well be recruiting in this thread?

I'm sort of interested in the consensus view of the recruiting of some 2021 Gamecock apparent targets like the following who may also have UCONN interest.

Azzi Fudd
Saniya Rivers
Teoni Key
Latasha Lattimore
Raven Johnson
Shayenne Day Wilson

Reaction Score

I'm sort of interested in the consensus view of the recruiting of some 2021 Gamecock apparent targets like the following who may also have UCONN interest.

Azzi Fudd
Saniya Rivers
Teoni Key
Latasha Lattimore
Raven Johnson
Shayenne Day Wilson
I like Raven Johnson a lot. Just a very solid, well rounded player.

Seems Dawn offers a fair amount of players at a young age, so it is not always clear who is still holding an offer and who isn’t, but I do know Aaliyah Moore and Aubryanna Hall were both offered at one point as well. There was an article that linked O’Mariah Gordon as well.

There is also the other three top players from Georgia, Jillian Hollingshead, Sania Feagin, and Kayla McPherson who not much is known about, but just given that they are from SEC country and top-25 players, wouldn’t surprise me if Dawn went after a few of them.

Reaction Score

Azzi Fudd
Saniya Rivers
Teeny Key
Latasha Lattimore
Raven Johnson
Shayenne Day Wilson
Perfectly OK to discuss Rivers, Key, Lattimore, Johnson and Wilson :cool:

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Azzi Fudd
Saniya Rivers
Teoni Key
Latasha Lattimore
Raven Johnson
Shayenne Day Wilson

Top TN recruits are Saniya Rivers, Teoni Key, Latasha Lattimore, probably more but these names keep coming up. All have taken UOVs but Lattimore.

Boxerpups4me

Semper Paratus
Reaction Score
Tennessee fans acting like they just scored a number 1 recruit with this Striplin verbal. Yes, sounds like a solid recruit, but dang..

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
A high quality education and a chance to start immediately.

She has 3 highly rated front court prospects in '20 plus a 6-8 project. How many starting spots are there at the 4 and 5?

Reaction Score
She has 3 highly rated front court prospects in '20 plus a 6-8 project. How many starting spots are there at the 4 and 5?
Daniels may be mobile and agile enough to play the 3. There is a chance that the top three recruits will all be on the court at the same time for Cal.
Heide is a project who continues to show progress following surgery. Cal is probably the best place for her among her suitors.

Lattimore may be confident enough that she believes she will start wherever she goes.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99