Non-UConn Recruiting Thread | The Boneyard

Non-UConn Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Other than the obvious that she is ranked 17 what kind of impact is she expected to have as a freshman? Is she a breakthrough recruit for them?

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Spread the wealth.
Indeed. In a class that was loaded with PG UCONN, Iowa, Rutgers, Baylor, Louisville, Iowa State, UNC, & Oregon all got point guards that are projected to be 4 year starters at their respective schools. Kapinus is also still out there and could add a school (ND?) to the list.

Reaction Score
Indeed. In a class that was loaded with PG UCONN, Iowa, Rutgers, Baylor, Louisville, Iowa State, UNC, & Oregon all got point guards that are projected to be 4 year starters at their respective schools. Kapinus is also still out there and could add a school (ND?) to the list.
ND didn't make Kapinus final five list.

Reaction Score

I would add that Georgia Tech with Boyd, Ohio State with Poole and Oregon State with GoForth (who is probably more a shooting guard than PG) also got projected four year starters. I would probably not list Oregon as having gotten projected four year starters at guard though.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Deja Kelly to UNC.

whaaaaat.gif

too bad only one gif per post... cause I had a whole lot of them to post.

Aint nothing like raised blood pressure on a Monday afternoon...... :mad:

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I would add that Georgia Tech with Boyd, Ohio State with Poole and Oregon State with GoForth (who is probably more a shooting guard than PG) also got projected four year starters. I would probably not list Oregon as having gotten projected four year starters at guard though.
Per ESPN Oregon has 3 guards (Parrish, Scherr, & Paopao) coming in that are ranked Five Stars. I'm betting one of the three is a 4 year starter.

Reaction Score
Per ESPN Oregon has 3 guards (Parrish, Scherr, & Paopao) coming in that are ranked Five Stars. I'm betting one of the three is a 4 year starter.
I would bet that some combination of S. Sabally, Boley, Prince, and N. Sabally will start at the 3/4/5 spots, with Taylor Chevez starting at one of the guard slots. Maybe one of the current freshmen guards of 2020 guards will take the fifth spot. PaoPao is a stud.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I would bet that some combination of S. Sabally, Boley, Prince, and N. Sabally will start at the 3/4/5 spots, with Taylor Chevez starting at one of the guard slots. Maybe one of the current freshmen guards of 2020 guards will take the fifth spot. PaoPao is a stud.
Don't forget that both Sabally and Boley are WNBA draft eligible in April. Sabally could go as high as #2 in the draft. There could be as many as 4 new starters for Oregon next year.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
I doubt Diamond Johnson will start from day one for Rutgers. Considering we’ll have Alexis Morris, and Zippy Broughton ahead of her. She will however get plenty of playing time with how we play now.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
PSU just got a good one. Looking forward to watching her play and hoping she fully recovered from her injury. DPOY potential if fully recovered.

Agree. Really good get by Coach Kieger, who I believe was after Ms. Kapinus when she (Coach K) was still at Marquette. This Coach K is pulling together some talent at State College and can build on that. If memory holds, she picked up some outside shooting with Maddie Burke earlier in the year, which can (re)open the Philly Belle line of communication. If Kieger can make inroads into the I-95 corridor, she could start competing with Brenda F. "down" at Maryland.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
View attachment 48223

too bad only one gif per post... cause I had a whole lot of them to post.

Aint nothing like raised blood pressure on a Monday afternoon...... :mad:

I feel horrible for saying this, but there is a perverse (I'm sorry) pleasure in your continuing and escalating anguish as a Duke fan. Not that I enjoy your suffering, but you are just so good (and funny) at it. Hope there are better days ahead for you, even if I don't get to enjoy the bucket over the Duke logo in the future. ;)

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I feel horrible for saying this, but there is a perverse (I'm sorry) pleasure in your continuing and escalating anguish as a Duke fan. Not that I enjoy your suffering, but you are just so good (and funny) at it. Hope there are better days ahead for you, even if I don't get to enjoy the bucket over the Duke logo in the future. ;)

I definitely need to pace myself... its not even Thanksgiving and Im getting all doom and gloom. We may can turn things around... if not.... i may need to find a bigger bucket.... rust proof.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
Before Diamond Johnson committed, CVS in the press release for the other four signings said they weren't done and we were waiting on two other impact players....We now know Diamond Johnson was one of them. I wonder who the other one we're after is.

Tim Eatman went to Spain earlier this week to recruit, anyone aware of a Spanish talent?

Reaction Score
I definitely need to pace myself... its not even Thanksgiving and Im getting all doom and gloom. We may can turn things around... if not.... i may need to find a bigger bucket.... rust proof.

You can get some maroon and white and a cowbell and join the fun!

jonson

Oregonian
Reaction Score

I also think Scherr is quite special. And the staff is very high on Jaz Shelley (who arrived this year.) I suspect that Parrish will likely be a wing, with either Prince or N. Sabally starting inside, although Graves may change his 1 in 4 out scheme after this year.

Reaction Score
Latasha Lattimore cut her list to 10: California, UCLA, Baylor, Syracuse, Kentucky, Tennessee, Michigan, Notre Dame, Florida, and South Carolina

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Orange

Top Bottom