Non-UConn Recruiting Thread | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Non-UConn Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Latasha Lattimore cut her list to 10: California, UCLA, Baylor, Syracuse, Kentucky, Tennessee, Michigan, Notre Dame, Florida, and South Carolina

Thanks, DaBall. Glad to see the Irish are on that Finals list, although that's still a long way to go. Where was that posted? Can't seem to find it.....

Reaction Score
Day-Wilson also narrowed down her list, she narrowed hers to 12: Syracuse, Michigan, Florida, Kentucky, Notre Dame, UCLA, Cal, Tennessee, South Carolina, Louisville, Baylor, and Harvard.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
I believe that Sue Semrau's deal expires on April 2020. Kind of hard to convince recruits to come to Tallahassee when you might not be there.

Is she not likely to be extended? I haven't followed them real closely but as an outsider it seems like she's had a successful tenure there.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Is she not likely to be extended? I haven't followed them real closely but as an outsider it seems like she's had a successful tenure there.
She has had a successful tenure including being name Coach of the Year. I just thing that this is yet another example/school where WBB is not a priority.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
She has had a successful tenure including being name Coach of the Year. I just thing that this is yet another example/school where WBB is not a priority.

I'm sure WBB isn't a priority at many schools. But I don't understand why they would risk losing her, unless there is some kind of issue going on. I have a hard time seeing them bringing in a better coach. If everything is satisfactory, why not resign her? As you noted the uncertainty can definitely hurt recruiting.

Reaction Score

Womens athletics at FSU has historically been good. The fact of the matter is FSU's admin boosters are a giant mess. Unlike 99 percent of the country, the head of boosters runs things and the athletic directer is a puppet. It is antiquated and goes back to the mid 70s. It remains to be seen what will happen with Coach Sue. Next year is lining up to be a disaster with the loss of the three leading scorers and no incoming recruits. I think the new assistants have been horrid. However, come on down to Tally recruits and play for FSU Head bang

Reaction Score
Womens athletics at FSU has historically been good. The fact of the matter is FSU's admin boosters are a giant mess. Unlike 99 percent of the country, the head of boosters runs things and the athletic directer is a puppet. It is antiquated and goes back to the mid 70s. It remains to be seen what will happen with Coach Sue. Next year is lining up to be a disaster with the loss of the three leading scorers and no incoming recruits. I think the new assistants have been horrid. However, come on down to Tally recruits and play for FSU Head bang

Not really so...

If it had been up to Andy Miiler (who was the President of Seminole Boosters for 36 years), FSU would have been in the SEC...it was Bernie Sliger and his employee (AD Bob Goin) who pushed the ACC.

Reaction Score
Not really so...

If it had been up to Andy Miiler (who was the President of Seminole Boosters for 36 years), FSU would have been in the SEC...it was Bernie Sliger and his employee (AD Bob Goin) who pushed the ACC.

Happy Miller did not get his way.

Reaction Score
Happy Miller did not get his way.

I, like many older FSU fans, would have preferred the SEC...the academic side of FSU has always preferred the ACC...

This came up again a few years back when referenced by President Barron's open letter to Boosters in 2012 when the Board Chair was making noises about the Big 12 ....

"The faculty are adamantly opposed to joining a league that is academically weaker..."

The academic side and President have been firmly in control

Reaction Score
I, like many older FSU fans, would have preferred the SEC...the academic side of FSU has always preferred the ACC...

This came up again a few years back when referenced by President Barron's open letter to Boosters in 2012 when the Board Chair was making noises about the Big 12 ....

"The faculty are adamantly opposed to joining a league that is academically weaker..."

The academic side and President have been firmly in control

Nice to see a fellow FSU fan on here!

Reaction Score
At the risk of sounding "pedestrian" good to know that Talia Von Oelhoffen (5* ESPN #10 overall, PN #27 overall for 2021) has Oregon State in her top 5! (yes I know she is/was discussed yesterday in the UCONN November recruiting thread). I think some non-UCONN fans might feel more comfortable discussing her here instead :) While listed as a wing or guard, she has point guard skills that OSU will need. The OU interest is a little puzzling.

Last edited:

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
The OU interest is a little puzzling.

No kidding. What is Coale selling? They've nose dived the last few years. Big 12 is a 1 team race. Don't see any appeal there at all.

Reaction Score
It is likely playing for a PAC-12 school on the west coast vs playing on east coast at UCONN.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Interest in Van Lith seems to have cooled off since she announced her commitment. I just found out that her Cashmere team will be playing at Kings HS in January. Kings is less than a mile from where I live. I think I'll be attending that game.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Just 13 and probably already holding a Louisville offer, Juste Joycte made her Lithuanian senior league debut recently:

Had to do my best to hold my sip of coffee in my throat after reading your opening line :) . I didn't realize Sluconn't prose could be hazerdous to your breakfast health :rolleyes:.

So, of course, you've piqued my interest and did some digging. Hate to break it to the Cardinals but I think she just turned 14 (at least according to this article). ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom