Non-UConn Recruiting Thread | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Non-UConn Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Had to do my best to hold my sip of coffee in my throat after reading your opening line :) . I didn't realize Sluconn't prose could be hazerdous to your breakfast health :rolleyes:.

So, of course, you've piqued my interest and did some digging. Hate to break it to the Cardinals but I think she just turned 14 (at least according to this article). ;)

I am sure Jeff has a senior citizen option. ;)

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
It's probably just cyclical, but for several years now it seems like Oregon St. is recruiting almost exclusively in the Midwest and the South.

Reaction Score
Well, when Rueck was happy with 3-star recruits, he could pick up a whole roster with NW recruits. When he started limiting himself to 4-star girls, he had to start recruiting the whole coast. Now he's going after the 5-stars and he has to go national if he wants more than two girls in a signing class.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Well, when Rueck was happy with 3-star recruits, he could pick up a whole roster with NW recruits. When he started limiting himself to 4-star girls, he had to start recruiting the whole coast. Now he's going after the 5-stars and he has to go national if he wants more than two girls in a signing class.

He's not getting the 5 star players from nearby (missed on 3 highly rated prospects from the NW in the '20 class), but as long as he can get some of them I'm fine with wherever he has to go to recruit them from.

Reaction Score
Day-Wilson also narrowed down her list, she narrowed hers to 12: Syracuse, Michigan, Florida, Kentucky, Notre Dame, UCLA, Cal, Tennessee, South Carolina, Louisville, Baylor, and Harvard.
If she can get into Harvard she should go there.

Reaction Score
Saniya Rivers is on an Unofficial Visit to SC and will also be at the Game versus Purdue today.

Reaction Score
Saniya Rivers is on an Unofficial Visit to SC and will also be at the Game versus Purdue today.
She's taken a lot of recent visits it seems. I could see her staying in the Carolinas, just not sure which school :D

Do you go to the CresCom tournament? My daughter played in it a few years ago. Loved it, great tournament. Anyways, two SC offer-holders will be playing:

Reaction Score
She's taken a lot of recent visits it seems. I could see her staying in the Carolinas, just not sure which school :D

Do you go to the CresCom tournament? My daughter played in it a few years ago. Loved it, great tournament. Anyways, two SC offer-holders will be playing:

The North Carolina schools are trying their hardest to get her. I also think Maryland is there as well. I like SC chances with her being so close so hopefully that will be a factor.

I attend the CresCom invitational every year. I’ve seen some very talented girls come through and play. I remember A’ja Wilson dropping a tournament game record of 45 points in one game and also set the tournament record of 124 points! I also got a chance to see Diamond DeSheilds, Khadijah Sessions, Mikayla Coombs, ONO, Dominique Touissaint, Natalija Marshall, etc. I’m unaware who’s in the tournament this year but I’m excited about it.

Reaction Score
Kamila Cardozo warming up for Blair Academy vs. Hamilton Heights (Olivia Miles) at the Nike TOC in Phoenix. Man, she is BIG!

1576874390119.jpeg

Reaction Score
Olivia Miles (#15) at PHX TOC. Her Blair team is getting killed by Cardoso’s Hamilton Heights team.

1576877304903.jpeg

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
@Dillon77, @Orangutan, @DallasBUFan:
Bentonville had Maryam Dauda, the top-ranked 2021 post:

Thanks for passing this along. MM was apparently also in Tennessee taking in commit Alasia Hayes.

Had not been aware of any previous interest in Jersey P., but you never know. I could see interest in Dauda, the 6'4" post who is given solid markets for defending, rebounding and "initiating the fast break." (i.e., something ND does not have :) )

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Thanks for passing this along. MM was apparently also in Tennessee taking in commit Alasia Hayes.
I like your wording. No doubt Alasia has been "taken in" by evil forces :cool:

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score

Had not been aware of any previous interest in Jersey P., but you never know. I could see interest in Dauda, the 6'4" post who is given solid markets for defending, rebounding and "initiating the fast break." (i.e., something ND does not have :) )

Mabrey started following Wolfenbarger on twitter shortly after getting the job at ND.

(I can't believe you don't have a perfect memory of all my PMs!)

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Mabrey started following Wolfenbarger on twitter shortly after getting the job at ND.

(I can't believe you don't have a perfect memory of all my PMs!)

Sorry!! Too much information during pre- and during holiday season!! :rolleyes: :)

Now that you've activated the "Orangutan Data File" in my brain, I do recall thinking that Mike probably got a look at her while she was recruiting for that one year at LSU.

Muffet must have liked what she saw:

Absolutely! Another tall guard to keep track of for Class of 2021, along with Citron, Verhulst, Rivers and Ms. Fudd! Stay tuned!

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Don't forget that both Sabally and Boley are WNBA draft eligible in April. Sabally could go as high as #2 in the draft. There could be as many as 4 new starters for Oregon next year.
Boley is not WNBA-ready and would benefit from another year of working on her game and conditioning. I would hope that Sabally stays for one more season to play a year with her sister.

Oregon will definitely lose Ionescu, Hebard, and Moore to graduation. Lots of potential court time for the underclassmen, 2020 signees, and 6'7" Sedona Prince in '20-'21 even if Sabally and Boley remain in Eugene.

We will have a better understanding of the talent that Graves has amassed to replace his prized Class of 2016 standouts by November. Not a Duck fan, but it appears that the Ducks may have more young depth next season than Graves has had in Eugene. Minus the "Franchise" and a player in Hebard who has out together a 2,000/1,000 points/rebounds career with uncanny efficiency in the shadow of her accomplished classmate and teammate. Opposing PAC-12 WBB fans will be happy be see Ionescu and Hebard graduate and move on to the next level.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline