Non-UConn Recruiting Thread | Page 34 | The Boneyard

Non-UConn Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score

Its a pretty giant win to retain the whole roster essentially and Hayes. Baring a major transfer, MSU should be set for the next couple years given the current roster. Losing Gaston hurts post depth though for future but its not that big of a deal, especially given her injury history. We will now have to see if McCray can maintain the talent in Starkville and see what her coaching abilities are like.

Reaction Score
Its a pretty giant win to retain the whole roster essentially and Hayes. Baring a major transfer, MSU should be set for the next couple years given the current roster. Losing Gaston hurts post depth though for future but its not that big of a deal, especially given her injury history. We will now have to see if McCray can maintain the talent in Starkville and see what her coaching abilities are like.
Agree. I’d guess there were plenty of other programs in their ears. I’m still curious to the level of talent she can sign for 2021. When she was hired I predicted she would need to continue to win this coming season and then be in the hunt for some of the elite players in 2022. I’ve been surprised by how she does seem to be on the final lists of several 2021 prospects but I still think expectations need to tempered this recruiting cycle.

tnvolfan65

Loyal LV Fan
Reaction Score
Dusting off an old formula I used to use for class rankings using the consensus rankings I posted on another thread.

As of today:
1. Uconn
2. Texas
3. Notre Dame
4. Syracuse
5. Arkansas
6. Tennessee
7. Stanford
8. Oregon State
9. Michigan
10. Louisville

tnvolfan65

Loyal LV Fan
Reaction Score
FWIW, SC jumps to #1 with the class they are reported to have. Uconn would surpass them with Fudd.

Reaction Score
Dusting off an old formula I used to use for class rankings using the consensus rankings I posted on another thread.

As of today:
1. Uconn
2. Texas
3. Notre Dame
4. Syracuse
5. Arkansas
6. Tennessee
7. Stanford
8. Oregon State
9. Michigan
10. Louisville
Do you just use high school players for these rankings or do you also consider junior college, transfers, and grad transfers? Thanks.

Reaction Score
Let’s say for the sake of argument, if Fudd picks any of the top 8 teams, do they launch all the way to #1?

Reaction Score
Let’s say for the sake of argument, if Fudd picks any of the top 8 teams, do they launch all the way to #1?
This isn’t directed at you at all because I’ve seen commentary on her ability on multiple message boards, official sports websites and fan pages. However I hope this young lady has broad shoulders and can handle pressure. It has been a while since I’ve seen this kind of expectation for a high school player.

Reaction Score
Hasn't Bueckers seen nearly the same level of hype and expectation?
Perhaps. However most of what I’ve seen on her has been here. Of course she signed with UConn so I certainly expect that. I’ve just noticed it a lot for Fudd on multiple outlets.

Reaction Score

i think the elder key and Horston is a great start. I don't think it will necessarily be that difficult to fill in around them.

it of course depends on player development once they do but Tennessee isn't years away, I don't think, if they get the other stuff right.

Last edited:

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
i think the elder key and Horston is a great start. I don't think it will necessarily be that difficult to fill in around them.

it of course depends on player development once they do but Tennessee isn't years away, I don't think if they get the other stuff right.
I agree. I think Tennessee could still add another 2021 recruit. It's about getting the right players.

tnvolfan65

Loyal LV Fan
Reaction Score

Number one on my list is actually SC's penciled-in class. But I'll wait til it's official.

Uconn, Texas, Syracuse, and Arkansas would jump to SC with Fudd. I'd have to double check ND, because I have a bonus system that would determine the top team in that instance. Tennessee would not with their current class alone (nor anyone ranked below them).

Reaction Score

In my system yes. Averaging out rankings assumes that the dropoff as you go down the list is at a constant rate and I doubt that is true. There is a bigger difference between Nos 1 & 10 than there is between 50 & 60.

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
In my system yes. Averaging out rankings assumes that the dropoff as you go down the list is at a constant rate and I doubt that is true. There is a bigger difference between Nos 1 & 10 than there is between 50 & 60.
I'd go so far as to say there's a 3x bigger difference between 1 & 6 as there is between 11 & 16 -- and that's in an ordinary year. With Fudd, the disparity will be even bigger.

Reaction Score
I'd go so far as to say there's a 3x bigger difference between 1 & 6 as there is between 11 & 16 -- and that's in an ordinary year. With Fudd, the disparity will be even bigger.

That also applies to team rankings.

Reaction Score
I will have to disagree. Two examples (2017, 2015): #1 Megan Walker vs #6 Chennedy Carter and #1 Samuelson vs #6 Collier. Some years the talent is deep or equal. 2019 I believe will yield the same results.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
She’s really good! She’s my second choice in this class next to . If I didn’t think we’d soon get the #1 from this class I’d be crushed right now with Rivers’ decision. (Down Under);) Carolina got a good one.
#IThinkWeGetAZZI! #FingersCrossed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Orange