Non-UConn Recruiting Thread | Page 35 | The Boneyard

Non-UConn Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I would have said in the past that even with the best SC teams, they still suffered from SECitis. Defense and Off. Rebounding were more established then well run offensive schemes, efficiency and good shooting and as such, I personally never really enjoyed watching them (Yes even Wilson) but with Boston being so skilled, I am forced to watch and last year with Harrigan and Harris, seemed much better on the offensive end in terms of assists, shooting percentage etc.

Not sure about the new recruits though since they seem (based on ESPN blurbs) to be very much in the SEC mode of Uber athletic players who drive, run the floor, jump, play defense etc but may not be as good in shooting/passing etc

Not to say they cant be a very strong NC contender but I wonder if they will keep improving their offensive side

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Nice story about Paige Bueckers Top Opponent Adelia McKenzie choosing Illinois :eek:
DePaul could have used her and continued the Bueckers battle. :(

Paige Bueckers, a UConn basketball commit from Eden Prairie, Minn., went head-to-head with McKenzie that night. Make no mistake, Bueckers is a stud. Her team won 97-79 and she scored 30 points. However, McKenzie finished with 40 points and did it in every way possible on the court.

The junior averaged 30.8 points, 11 rebounds, three steals and four assists a game, with a career high of 49 points against Spring Lake Park last season.

Prep Hoops released its 2021 national rankings Wednesday, and McKenzie is at 39. So why Illinois?

"I picked Illinois because I have a great connection with the coaches, and I know I’ll be taken care of, on and off the court," McKenzie said. "I love the energy of the coaches and the school is in a great area. Also, the school is really good academically which is most important. I love their style of play and the family environment."

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Nice story about Paige Bueckers Top Opponent Adelia McKenzie choosing Illinois :eek:
DePaul could have used her and continued the Bueckers battle. :(

Paige Bueckers, a UConn basketball commit from Eden Prairie, Minn., went head-to-head with McKenzie that night. Make no mistake, Bueckers is a stud. Her team won 97-79 and she scored 30 points. However, McKenzie finished with 40 points and did it in every way possible on the court.

The junior averaged 30.8 points, 11 rebounds, three steals and four assists a game, with a career high of 49 points against Spring Lake Park last season.

Prep Hoops released its 2021 national rankings Wednesday, and McKenzie is at 39. So why Illinois?

"I picked Illinois because I have a great connection with the coaches, and I know I’ll be taken care of, on and off the court," McKenzie said. "I love the energy of the coaches and the school is in a great area. Also, the school is really good academically which is most important. I love their style of play and the family environment."
A really important get for coach Fahey. She got a big vote of confidence from the Illinois AD in the form of a contract extension, despite her limited on-court success so far. Slowly but surely, taking some baby steps on the recruiting trail.

McKenzie's other finalists were Iowa, DePaul, Arizona, Minnesota, Colorado and Marquette. Interestingly, Fahey just hired two assistants away from Marquette earlier this year.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Duke picked up an athletic wing yesterday. Chose My Blue Devils over Washington State, Utah, Colorado State, and Oregon State. Apparently could dunk in the 8th grade. ESPN Scouting report makes her sound like a Leonna Odom Clone. Has an interesting backstory... hasn't been playing basketball for all that long. Hopefully the new coach at Duke will get her to reach her potential.... and get Duke back to dominating the Streets of Tobacco Road.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
The new coach? I must have missed something.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
This post technically fits under both the transfer and recruiting threads. Coach McCray-Penson has added Caterrion Thompson, a 5-11 grad transfer guard from Bowling Green and Charlotte Kohl, a 6-5 freshman center from Germany.

When she was hired Coach McCray-Penson wanted to add three to the roster for the coming season. Olivia Owens was her other main target. With Owens going to Kentucky she is still looking for another player but says she doesn’t want to take a player just to have one.

Reaction Score
Would love to see more on the girl from Germany but it seems limited

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member