Non-UConn Recruiting Information | Page 98 | The Boneyard

Non-UConn Recruiting Information

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
War-nock a player apparently UConn showed some interest in at one point.

Pilli once said her dream was to play for the Huskies.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
War-nock a player apparently UConn showed some interest in at one point.

Pilli once said her dream was to play for the Huskies.

I forgot the site doesn't allow W-a-r-n-o-c-k typed out. Not sure what the blue shield is for though. I didn't order any medical insurance.

Reaction Score
Hmm I reported that on a different thread spelling out her name and it was deleted. I think she also had Oregon State interest. That is very strange.

Pili is a very intriguing player. She is a little out of shape, but still moves well which makes her deceiving. I think if she was 6-2/6-3 she’d get higher interest, but she just knows the game. Brother also plays football at USC. Not sure if I think her 40 ranking is accurate, but a really nice class for USC. Not sure how this affects Endyia Rogers because I think they still have some space on their roster (1 more?) but 6 player classes can be a piece of work.

Reaction Score
Pili was MaxPreps Female Athlete of the Year last year. In addition to basketball, she also excels at volleyball, shot put and discus and wrestling. She played tackle football with the boys until 8th grade. If anything, I think her 40 ranking is a bit low because people see her size and consider her out of shape.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

[B]Raoul[/B]‏ @[B]Raoul_000[/B]
FollowFollow @Raoul_000
More
Raoul Retweeted Raoul

Some people have criticized the top 2019 players for being slow to commit. Out of the espnW 2019 top 100 (http://www.espn.com/high-school/girls-basketball/recruiting/rankings/_/class/2019 …), 22 are uncommitted, including 12 of top 50 and 2 of top 5—numbers almost identical to one year ago for 2018s (attached tweet dated Oct. 9, 2017).
Raoul added,

Raoul @Raoul_000
WBB: With 30 days to early signing period, there are 21 uncommitted players in espnW's top 100 for 2018, including 11 of top 50 & 3 of top 5
1:56 PM - 8 Oct 2018

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Hmm. Deciding where to attend college and play competitive sports seems like an important decision. Why should recruits feel rushed to do this? In men's hoops quite a few of the top prospects wait til the spring signing period to decide. Women's hoops fans have it easy, most are already signed after the fall period. How dare some 17 or 18 year old kids inconvenience us adults by not making a decision in a time frame that we approve of.

Reaction Score
Hmm. Deciding where to attend college and play competitive sports seems like an important decision. Why should recruits feel rushed to do this? In men's hoops quite a few of the top prospects wait til the spring signing period to decide. Women's hoops fans have it easy, most are already signed after the fall period. How dare some 17 or 18 year old kids inconvenience us adults by not making a decision in a time frame that we approve of.

waiting is fine if the recruit is genuinely undecided but if it's just a whim perhaps the recruit should consider that it may negatively effect another recruit or another program

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
waiting is fine if the recruit is genuinely undecided but if it's just a whim perhaps the recruit should consider that it may negatively effect another recruit or another program

Point taken. I agree it would be nice if everyone was forthcoming and honest, I'm sure that doesn't always happen. Just be thankful recruiting in women's hoops is nothing like football, where verbal commitments are meaningless and recruits flip at the last minute before signing their LOI all the time.

CBus13

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Top 15 Class of 2020 Forward Gabby Hutcherson out of Westerville South HS has committed to Ohio State. Joining her teammmate Anyssa Jones, who previously committed last week.

Had also visited Maryland and considered Tennessee and UCLA.

Reaction Score
Top 15 Class of 2020 Forward Gabby Hutcherson out of Westerville South HS has committed to Ohio State. Joining her teammmate Anyssa Jones, who previously committed last week.

Had also visited Maryland and considered Tennessee and UCLA.

#11 PN, but not listed in ESPN top 60.

Reaction Score
Would be interesting if Louisville picked her up. They already have Ramani Parker who is very similar to Maori... just not as good. Mississippi State just lost Daphane White which makes that a potential destination.

Reaction Score
Point taken. I agree it would be nice if everyone was forthcoming and honest, I'm sure that doesn't always happen. Just be thankful recruiting in women's hoops is nothing like football, where verbal commitments are meaningless and recruits flip at the last minute before signing their LOI all the time.
While likely not as much of an issue as on the men's side, for the players that wait and want to make their signing a major "event," I always wonder what role their AAU coach and other "advisors" have on the process.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
On behalf of Rickea Jackson. Always loved this young lady but that was more about her game. Love her more now because of this quote.

" This decision is hard enough. It is absolutely sad to see adults bashing teenagers because they did not choose to commit to the school of their liking. At the end of the day we can only choose ONE school. Someone is going to be unhappy so keep It to yourselves."
Rickea Jackson.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
Would be interesting if Louisville picked her up. They already have Ramani Parker who is very similar to Maori... just not as good. Mississippi State just lost Daphane White which makes that a potential destination.
Rutgers already has two Alabama natives. Current freshman Zippy Broughton, and Joiya Maddox who’s part of the 2019 class who also plays on the same AAU team as Davenport. Fingers crossed we can make it 3 for 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom