Non-UConn Recruiting Information | Page 82 | The Boneyard

Non-UConn Recruiting Information

Status
Not open for further replies.

jennyo70

Loo'ville Lady
Reaction Score
Certainly there is a bit of wishful thinking here, but, I think we have an excellent shot at Horston , R. Jackson and Blackwell. I think Beal and Davenport are in the conversation as well. We will see who is serious when official visits get scheduled. Horston has been on campus several times, and will unofficially visit again, saving her 5 o. visits to schools further away that would be harder to get there on their own dime.

Our current roster is 14, with 4 graduating at the end of next year.
We have two commits in Nyah Green and Ramani Parker. We technically have room for 3 more. There is probably a little flexibility with a 4th, due to a walk-on who was given a scholarship last year (and this upcoming year).

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Will Urban be coaching this year?
28a973ac1e51244f99b72aa67930d774--patrick-stewart-funny-meme-characters.md.jpg

Reaction Score
Certainly there is a bit of wishful thinking here, but, I think we have an excellent shot at Horston , R. Jackson and Blackwell. I think Beal and Davenport are in the conversation as well. We will see who is serious when official visits get scheduled. Horston has been on campus several times, and will unofficially visit again, saving her 5 o. visits to schools further away that would be harder to get there on their own dime.

Our current roster is 14, with 4 graduating at the end of next year.
We have two commits in Nyah Green and Ramani Parker. We technically have room for 3 more. There is probably a little flexibility with a 4th, due to a walk-on who was given a scholarship last year (and this upcoming year).

you know Louisville always can make room for one more............transfers are a useful tool for some teams

Reaction Score
Will Urban be coaching this year?
With what Michigan State is going through with the Larry Nassar thing, and with the Baylor/Bryles thing fresh on everyone's mind (Ex-Baylor coach Briles gets chance in Italy) and the Penn State/Paterno debacle not in the too distant past, there's no way Urban makes it to the end of the week. Maybe the day. The media is dredging up all his Florida Gator bad boy stories, of which there are plenty (he had Tim Tebow room with Aaron Hernandez to try to straighten him out, and Tebow came back after a week and told him there was no hope, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc).

IMO the only question is whether he gets some kind of a settlement to leave peacefully, or if OSU just goes full-on "with cause." It's almost football season, and it's urgent for the football program to establish who's in charge. I'm betting they come up with the $$ to make it happen sooner rather than wait for a full investigation to come up with the evidence to fire him and get out of the contract.

Welcome to the NFL, Mr. Meyer.

Look for squeaky-clean Ohio native Bob Stoops to be the OSU coach in 2019.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
With what Michigan State is going through with the Larry Nassar thing, and with the Baylor/Bryles thing fresh on everyone's mind and the Penn State/Paterno debacle not in the too distant past, there's no way Urban makes it to the end of the week. Maybe the day. The media is dredging up all his Florida Gator bad boy stories, of which there are plenty (he had Tim Tebow room with Aaron Hernandez to try to straighten him out, and Tebow came back after a week and told him there was no hope, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc).

IMO the only question is whether he gets some kind of a settlement to leave peacefully, or if OSU just goes full-on "with cause." It's almost football season, and it's urgent for the football program to establish who's in charge. I'm betting they come up with the $$ to make it happen sooner rather than wait for a full investigation to come up with the evidence to fire him and get out of the contract.

he's won way too many games to get fired in a week................maybe two weeks ought to do it.......:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
With what Michigan State is going through with the Larry Nassar thing, and with the Baylor/Bryles thing fresh on everyone's mind (Ex-Baylor coach Briles gets chance in Italy) and the Penn State/Paterno debacle not in the too distant past, there's no way Urban makes it to the end of the week. Maybe the day. The media is dredging up all his Florida Gator bad boy stories, of which there are plenty (he had Tim Tebow room with Aaron Hernandez to try to straighten him out, and Tebow came back after a week and told him there was no hope, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc).

You do realize that the "Larry Nassar thing" at Michigan State has nothing to do with the school's football program right?

What happened at Michigan State was/is very different than what happened at Baylor with Briles and Penn State with Paterno. Even if you acknowledge that the "Larry Nassar thing" has nothing to do with MSU football, it is also a fact that MSU's head football coach Dantonio did nothing wrong, unlike the cover up of player misconduct by Briles et. al. at Baylor, or a cover up of a former assistant coach's misconduct by Paterno et. al. at Penn State.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
You do realize that the "Larry Nassar thing" at Michigan State has nothing to do with the school's football program right?

What happened at Michigan State was/is very different than what happened at Baylor with Briles and Penn State with Paterno. Even if you acknowledge that the "Larry Nassar thing" has nothing to do with MSU football, it is also a fact that MSU's head football coach Dantonio did nothing wrong, unlike the cover up of player misconduct by Briles et. al. at Baylor, or a cover up of a former assistant coach's misconduct by Paterno et. al. at Penn State.
Yes I realize these are all different situations and don’t all involve football. But they all involve sexual abuse or domestic abuse, and the B1G has gotten more than their fair share of this negative attention. I doubt OSU has much of an appetite for any more. If Urban Meyer wasn’t Urban Meyer he’d already be gone. In any case he’ll be gone soon unless he has some way to prove his wife didn’t tell him about what everybody else already knew.

BTW I love the beer from Bend!

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Louisville must have 25 scholarships available. And the fascination with Tennessee is seemingly endless.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Also—don’t be surprised if you see Zia Cooke and Jackson at the same school.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
So Louisville is in on Amihere, Griffin, Horston, Jones, Boston, Reese, Davenport, Miller, Boyd, Gusters, Cooke, Blackwell, Osborne, and Jackson.

I'm sure I missed a couple dozen more.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
So Louisville is in on Amihere, Griffin, Horston, Jones, Boston, Reese, Davenport, Miller, Boyd, Gusters, Cooke, Blackwell, Osborne, and Jackson.

Demling says a post out of Washington -- 6-3 JaQuaya Miller -- is now a priority for Louisville along with all the others listed. It's hard to keep up.

Reaction Score

I feel like South Carolina and Mississippi State are giving Louisville a run for their money. They seem to be offering just as many lately!

Reaction Score
I feel like South Carolina and Mississippi State are giving Louisville a run for their money. They seem to be offering just as many lately!

Well to be quite honest SC will have the roster space to accept a couple of these players from 2019 and 2020.

Our roster for next season currently sits at 13. After 2018-19 season we lose Cuevas-Moore, Jennings, Cliney, Perry and possibly Cooper. That leaves us with 5 or 6 possible scholarships for 2019-20. Most recruits are taking notice and that’s why SC is on a couple of lists.

Louisville and Miss St on the other hand is a different story. Both rosters sit at 14 for this upcoming season. Louisville will lose Durr, Fuehring, Carter and Diop. While they already have 2 players committed for 2019 they seem to be shooting for a 5 player class which will certainly cause some attrition. State Otho lose McCowan, Holmes, and Danberry. But they already have 3 players committed for 2019 and are in on a couple more players. Not sure if either will have the roster space to land these players they’re after. But stranger things has happened.

Reaction Score
Mississippi State’s roster I believe is now at 15. They will lose FOUR with Howard, McCowan, Danbery, and Holmes. Kennady Tucker decommitted which leaves them with TWO schollies left. Also a chance they will lose Zion Campbell, a redshirt junior, after this season too. This would leave 3 additional scholarships.

Reaction Score

So you want a coach who will get you to the next level...but you don't want to be challenged to earn your playing time?

Regardless of the quote, I am pretty sure neither ND nor UConn offered her so its more of a rationalization. Kids do that sometimes, didn't Zia Cooke say UConn was full in the 2019 class like a year ago?

Reaction Score
No Louisville offer for Kentucky kid?

She has an offer from Louisville, but that tweet says offers from July and early August. Since she is from Kentucky I assume Louisville knew about her a long time ago. I just don't recall when she got her offer. But she has one.

Reaction Score

To add to your list I think Kennedy Brown in the 2019 class is one. 2019 Esmery Martinez from Tennessee is another. JaQuaya Miller from Seattle area is a 3rd.

In the 2020 class I think some offers I recall hearing about are Sydney Parrish, Eniya Russell, Treasure Hunt, Kamila Cardoso, Sasha Goforth and probably more.

Reaction Score
Regardless of the quote, I am pretty sure neither ND nor UConn offered her so its more of a rationalization. Kids do that sometimes, didn't Zia Cooke say UConn was full in the 2019 class like a year ago?

hey who knows.........maybe Geno can find a spot for her on the bench right next to Ms. Horston

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom