Non-UConn Recruiting Information | Page 83 | The Boneyard

Non-UConn Recruiting Information

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
To add to your list I think Kennedy Brown in the 2019 class is one. 2019 Esmery Martinez from Tennessee is another. JaQuaya Miller from Seattle area is a 3rd.

In the 2020 class I think some offers I recall hearing about are Sydney Parrish, Eniya Russell, Treasure Hunt, Kamila Cardoso, Sasha Goforth and probably more.

Sheesh.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
We are in on a lot of players this year but I don’t expect SC to bring in more than 3. We aimed for a big class last year and brought in 2, with the 3rd being a late add. But who knows, we could be aiming small but land a big class. A lot of recruits are aware that SC is turning a new page with no bonafide stars on the roster.

Reaction Score
Anyone remember Jaz Shelley? The Aussie guard who dominated Christyn Williams and Destanni Henderson in the Aus. vs. USA sem-finals.

She will reportedly be visiting Oregon St. soon with potentially another Aussie post who played a lot in that game too. Pair them with Jazz Simmons and you have some really talented Aussies

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Aussies are fairly well spread out, seems like pretty much every Pac 12 school has one. Would be interesting if any school got a pipeline going.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Looks like our South Carolina friends picked up a 2019 recruit

She’s a preferred walk on. We’ve had those before. Talented local player that was stuck under the radar. Not much is known about her besides the fact that she’s a scorer at the current level she plays. Will have a chance to earn her scholarship. I do like the little I have seen of her, and she is over the moon enthusiastic about being a Gamecock. Fans are going to love her I think.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Seriously, a '22 committed already? She hasn't even started high school yet. Chances are fairly good either she or the school will change their mind before she begins her college career.

I swear the NCAA had a rule change a while back that players couldn't commit before either their Soph or Jr. year to to combat the madness of middle school kids committing, but that obviously has gone out the window.

Reaction Score
Another player unveils her school list, Esmeri Martinez from the Dominican Republic who starred in a high school tournament earlier this year

Once again, a player with Louisville among her finalists.

I think JW just got a world globe as a gift and he's starting to spin and point to find new recruiting hotbeds...........

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Wow.............a really smart move by a really smart kid............Harvard gets a good one..........should be ranked in the top 100 nationally but as usual NJ Shore girls get little respect..............had ACC and Big 10 offers.................she's going to rip up the Ivy League

Reaction Score
Wow...a really smart move by a really smart kid..Harvard gets a good one.....should be ranked in the top 100 nationally but as usual NJ Shore girls get little respect....had ACC and Big 10 offers.......she's going to rip up the Ivy League

Wish she would’ve chose Princeton and teamed up with Bella Alarie. Those two together would have been chaos!!

Reaction Score
Wish she would’ve chose Princeton and teamed up with Bella Alarie. Those two together would have been chaos!!

she plays very similarly to another dynamic ex Shore kid Kelly Campbell at DePaul............

Reaction Score
she plays very similarly to another dynamic ex Shore kid Kelly Campbell at DePaul..

Love Kelly Campbell! Extremely high IQ and excellent shooter!

I’m also fond of Michelle Sidor! Very smooth combo guard that could have a similar impact to Katelynn Flaherty at Michigan.

Reaction Score
Love Kelly Campbell! Extremely high IQ and excellent shooter!

I’m also fond of Michelle Sidor! Very smooth combo guard that could have a similar impact to Katelynn Flaherty at Michigan.

Yes Campbell is quite a competitor and a really nice all around player............. Sidor has one year left to torture all of the teams around here..........believe it or not her team has added two more DI talents including Sydnei Caldwell who I believe is going to Arizona State

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Wow...a really smart move by a really smart kid..Harvard gets a good one.....should be ranked in the top 100 nationally but as usual NJ Shore girls get little respect....had ACC and Big 10 offers.......she's going to rip up the Ivy League
Respect should be earn. That's not a real thing-Jersey Shore girls getting no respect. NJ Shore Conference is not all that, and the girls from the conference for the most part have been appropriately ranked-says this man whose Daughter went 14-1 (only loss was to Neptune) against Shore conference teams over 4 years.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score

I'll be very interested to see how Mullaney does this year going from being the "wingperson" (if you will) of Dara Mabrey and Faith Masonius to now being co-lead with Faith. I've liked her game but Mabrey drew so much attention that Lola often had time to work on her studies before sizing up that jumper. ;)

Well aware of her work at R-FH before transferring over to 'squan. But I want to see how she'll handle a whole lot of pressure.

Congrats on the "get" to both her and Harvard.

Reaction Score
Respect should be earn. That's not a real thing-Jersey Shore girls getting no respect. NJ Shore Conference is not all that, and the girls from the conference for the most part have been appropriately ranked-says this man whose Daughter went 14-1 (only loss was to Neptune) against Shore conference teams over 4 years.

I'm not sure when your daughter played but the Shore Conference not only dominates NJ basketball today, the AAU teams constituted of Shore Conference players are consistently successful in the top levels of national AAU competitions..........Manasquan, St John Vianny and St Rose have all been nationally ranked recently

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I'll be very interested to see how Mullaney does this year going from being the "wingperson" (if you will) of Dara Mabrey and Faith Masonius to now being co-lead with Faith. I've liked her game but Mabrey drew so much attention that Lola often had time to work on her studies before sizing up that jumper. ;)

Well aware of her work at R-FH before transferring over to 'squan. But I want to see how she'll handle a whole lot of pressure.

Congrats on the "get" to both her and Harvard.

she took a back seat without complaint for quite some time........I would expect she will be a major force this season...............LB made the decision that Molly Bent did not make........I wonder if MB would do the same thing if she had a chance for a redo............

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I'm not sure when your daughter played but the Shore Conference not only dominates NJ basketball today, the AAU teams constituted of Shore Conference players are consistently successful in the top levels of national AAU competitions.....Manasquan, St John Vianny and St Rose have all been nationally ranked recently
Manasquan NJ TOC winner finished 16 nationally in Max prep rankings. Manasquan's highest ranked player Faith Masonius ranked by ESPN #45. Only two players from the entire state of NJ ranked higher than Faith= Diamond Miller and Lelani Correa= appropriately ranked and very respectable. "Domination of NJ basketball" is kind of like saying the best player in the Neighborhood. Highest level of AAU basketball is EYBL for Faith that =Philly Belles not some AAU team consisting of Shore Conference players. Still don't see the disrespect of any NJ Shore Conference players you are claiming.

Reaction Score
I'm not sure when your daughter played but the Shore Conference not only dominates NJ basketball today, the AAU teams constituted of Shore Conference players are consistently successful in the top levels of national AAU competitions
Manasquan NJ TOC winner finished 16 nationally in Max prep rankings. Manasquan's highest ranked player Faith Masonius ranked by ESPN #45. Only two players from the entire state of NJ ranked higher than Faith= Diamond Miller and Lelani Correa= appropriately ranked and very respectable. "Domination of NJ basketball" is kind of like saying the best player in the Neighborhood. Highest level of AAU basketball is EYBL for Faith that =Philly Belles not some AAU team consisting of Shore Conference players. Still don't see the disrespect of any NJ Shore Conference players you are claiming.

I believe the Jersey Warriors, Team Miller and the Shoreshots all either won or were runner's up at EYBL events..............the Shore Conference may not equal the very best conferences in Texas, Georgia, Tennessee or California but I'd put them up against the vast majority of high school conferences in the country...........regardless......... some pretty good players seem to get overlooked almost every year with Dara Mabrey being the highest profile example.........not only was she the best player in a very good conference, she led her team to multiple state championships while completely out playing many higher ranked players in the process...........for her not to be ranked in the top 100 by ESPN was a joke.........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom