Non-UConn Recruiting Information | Page 84 | The Boneyard

Non-UConn Recruiting Information

Status
Not open for further replies.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I believe the Jersey Warriors, Team Miller and the Shoreshots all either won or were runner's up at EYBL events....the Shore Conference may not equal the very best conferences in Texas, Georgia, Tennessee or California but I'd put them up against the vast majority of high school conferences in the country......regardless.... some pretty good players seem to get overlooked almost every year with Dara Mabrey being the highest profile example....not only was she the best player in a very good conference, she led her team to multiple state championships while completely out playing many higher ranked players in the process......for her not to be ranked in the top 100 by ESPN was a joke....
Ah... Dara Mabrey="the highest profile example". Seems like ND, ESPN, Philly Belles, US Basketball, & ProspectsNation ALL see things differently. So that's not really disrespect, it is more of an actual conspiracy-hate when that happens.

Reaction Score
Ah... Dara Mabrey="the highest profile example". Seems like ND, ESPN, US Basketball, & ProspectsNation ALL see things differently. So that's not really disrespect, it is more of an actual conspiracy-hate when that happens.

..............it will be interesting to see how her career compares with some of the ranked guards in the 2018 class.......BTW the aforementioned Leilani Correa has transferred to the Shore Conference at Manchester High School to face better competition...........she will be playing on a loaded team alongside Destiny Adams who is perhaps the best player in the state regardless of class

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
....it will be interesting to see how her career compares with some of the ranked guards in the 2018 class..BTW the aforementioned Leilani Correa has transferred to the Shore Conference at Manchester High School to face better competition......she will be playing on a loaded team alongside Destiny Adams who is perhaps the best player in the state regardless of class
"Leilani Correa has transferred to the Shore Conference at Manchester High School"= fact
"to face better competition"=opinion.
Leilani was facing plenty of competition at Rutgers Prep from the likes of Trenton Catholic she was also a Philly Belle and has already verbal to WV. Don't see how this "competition" in Shore conference would help her.

Reaction Score
"Leilani Correa has transferred to the Shore Conference at Manchester High School"= fact
"to face better competition"=opinion.
Leilani was facing plenty of competition at Rutgers Prep from the likes of Trenton Catholic she was also a Philly Belle and has already verbal to WV. Don't see how this "competition" in Shore conference would help her.

I would think that playing against better programs throughout the season would be helpful to a high school senior looking to improve her play in anticipation of big time college ball...........of course some may not consider playing for West Virginia big time basketball but I'm sure she does...........

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Chapman's one of those players who was ranked top 3 in the early going and slipped to a still respectable but much lower slot.

more of an athlete then just a basketball player right? I think she was another soccer star who turned to bball.....

Reaction Score
Brea Beal will announce her top 5 this week. Will be interesting to see who is included in that (besides Louisville). I think South Carolina and possibly Notre Dame recruited her pretty hard?

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Brea Beal will announce her top 5 this week. Will be interesting to see who is included in that (besides Louisville). I think South Carolina and possibly Notre Dame recruited her pretty hard?
Will be very interesting. A very young Breanna Beal (2016) admired Stanford and UCONN.

Summer 2016: "Beal, who has about 25 offers, said she has long admired Connecticut and Stanford, for different reasons.
"Everyone is amazed at Connecticut," said Beal, adding that the Huskies have not contacted her. "They win championship after championship, and I have rooted for them each time."
very high on her list of schools."
Midwest Elite sensation Breanna Beal goes national with big-time performances

Summer of 2017: UCONN had made contact according to her father.
" Kevin Beal says just about all the top schools in all the top conferences have shown major interest in his daughter, including Stanford and UConn."
College decision still a ways off as Beal improves her game.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score

To the best of our collective knowledge at the Bench, ND coaches visited her open house last summer. Since then, no known visits to HS games and no known sightings on the ND campus, whether solo and/or as part of a group.

If there is mutual interest, it's being played under the main radar: the main focus at the wing in 2019 most certainly is on Haley Jones which is -- surprise! -- the same as UConn, Stanford and a few other places.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
To the best of our collective knowledge at the Bench, ND coaches visited her open house last summer. Since then, no known visits to HS games and no known sightings on the ND campus, whether solo and/or as part of a group.
If there is mutual interest, it's being played under the main radar: the main focus at the wing in 2019 most certainly is on Haley Jones which is -- surprise! -- the same as UConn, Stanford and a few other places.
"Under the radar" is a good description of Beal's recruitment between summer of 2017-& 2018. She been playing on the same EYBL team as Anaya Peoples and playing fairly well but really no buzz, no coach sightings for the former #3 player in the class. I'm going out on a limb and saying Duke makes her final 5 based on the strong academics.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
"Under the radar" is a good description of Beal's recruitment between summer of 2017-& 2018. She been playing on the same EYBL team as Anaya Peoples and playing fairly well but really no buzz, no coach sightings for the former #3 player in the class. I'm going out on a limb and saying Duke makes her final 5 based on the strong academics.

Like the logic flow. With that in mind, two others:
- maybe the B1G makes the list with Michigan?
- and perhaps Steph White gets into the scene with Vandy?

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Aussies are fairly well spread out, seems like pretty much every Pac 12 school has one. Would be interesting if any school got a pipeline going.
I would have liked to see Eziyoda in Storrs!

Reaction Score
Brea Beal’s top 5: Illinois, Duke, Lousiville, S. Carolina, and Michigan

A fairly interesting group of schools but definitely a lot of variety (program level, academics, distance from home)

I hope all 20 of Louisville’s targets attempt to verbal at once! Will really be interesting to see who commits there first.

Interesting comment by Raoul, “Out of the top 12 WBB prospects for 2019 per espnW, 8 are uncommitted, and 6 of the 8 have a public list of finalists. South Carolina is a finalist for all 6; Louisville is a finalist for 5.”

Both are seriously relentless recruiters

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score

A fairly interesting group of schools but definitely a lot of variety (program level, academics, distance from home)

I hope all 20 of Louisville’s targets attempt to verbal at once! Will really be interesting to see who commits there first.

Illinois?! Why would any top recruit be looking at them? Haven't been to the Tourney since '03 and 5 straight seasons with a below .500 record. Uh....?

Reaction Score

Interesting comment by Raoul, “Out of the top 12 WBB prospects for 2019 per espnW, 8 are uncommitted, and 6 of the 8 have a public list of finalists. South Carolina is a finalist for all 6; Louisville is a finalist for 5.”

with so many out there, it's sure difficult for a recruit to say it's a "special" feeling after getting a Louisville offer............

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score

Louisville's in on just about every other non-signed player outside the top 12:

Davenport, Blackwell, Osborne, Griffin, Boyd, etc.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Illinois?! Why would any top recruit be looking at them? Haven't been to the Tourney since '03 and 5 straight seasons with a below .500 record. Uh....?
Because their new coach was one of the best Div III coaches in the country and is an excellent coach. If she can get some top tier players she will turn the program around. She is the former Washington University ( St. Louis) coach and coached her team to multiple Div III NC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom