Non-UConn Recruiting Information | Page 86 | The Boneyard

Non-UConn Recruiting Information

Status
Not open for further replies.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
yes but they are traditional post players, apparently Ms Brown fancies herself to be a bit more like Dirk Nowitski......sounds like somebody who recently passed through Storrs...

Gulich had a good mid range game throughout her career at OSU, but during her Sr. year developed a nasty step back jumper that was unguardable. It was kind of Nowitski-esque.

Reaction Score
Louisville, Miss St., Florida, Rutgers, and Georgia made the top 5 for Maori Davenport #13 Hoopgurlz

Reaction Score
It really is quite amusing to watch Raoul and Jeff Walz go at it:

Will be very interesting to see who Louisville signs. Sounds like Jeff Walz will be ripping away the scholarship he gave to his walk on.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
upload_2018-8-20_14-59-37.png

Reaction Score
"Keep hating"

"Appreciate your love and support for our program."

Jeff can't decide whether to be passive-aggresive or just aggressive, so he went with both. Quality stuff.

I really have no problem with Walz's recruiting practices............certainly not how I'd do it but it's worked well for him over the years............as long as he's up front about how he operates it's really up to the individual recruit to decide if they want to be part of the cattle call.................frankly, unless I was a top rated player I'd head elsewhere............

Reaction Score
Someone on Mississippi State’s forum stated they heard they are the frontrunner for Davenport with Florida and Georgia behind. Definitely an interesting 5 finalists for a top ranked prospect. In my opinion, she, Taylor Jones, and Aliyah Boston are the top 2019 posts. Would give Vic a 4th post in 2 years which may be interesting, but I think Davenport may be the best of the 4

jennyo70

Loo'ville Lady
Reaction Score
I would consider Boley & Sabally more 3 than 4, which leaves NaLyssa Smith the only comparable 4 to Brown. Brown is on the record as saying that she is talking to all the coaches about being a stretch 4 in college and she doesn't want to spend "all" her time with her back to the basket. I like brown a lot but am a little bit concerned that she may be restricting herself too early. I think she ends up at Louisville.

She won’t end up at Louisville. Apparently they have parted ways. Local beat reported stated as much early June before summer recruiting.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
She won’t end up at Louisville. Apparently they have parted ways. Local beat reported stated as much early June before summer recruiting.

Thanks much for the insight. Was this parting institution- or prospect-led? Given the Sam/Kylie current line-up, a few of us thought Brown made sense. Or is Coach Walz going in another direction with the bigs?

jennyo70

Loo'ville Lady
Reaction Score
Thanks much for the insight. Was this parting institution- or prospect-led? Given the Sam/Kylie current line-up, a few of us thought Brown made sense. Or is Coach Walz going in another direction with the bigs?

I don’t know, honestly. As someone earlier attached the article from our “beat writer” , he indicated she was not a target. Have no idea who parted or or it was mutual. I know Davenport is high on the list.

Reaction Score
Very well could have done with the U18 trials, couldn’t it have? Perhaps she wasn’t a fan of Jeff’s coaching style.

Reaction Score
Very well could have done with the U18 trials, couldn’t it have? Perhaps she wasn’t a fan of Jeff’s coaching style.
I think they are talking about Kennedy Brown, and off the top of my head.... She wasn't on the u18 team. But in regards to Walz coaching style....
Well I can't say I'm fond of him, his coaching style (they can't call everything, chippiness), or his recruiting (recruits so many players that leads to a high transfer rate). But I liked his coaching style of the U18 team. He made sure that all 12 players had adequate playing time, even if it meant that the games were a little ugly. Berube wasn't has sharing with her minutes, and that lead to pretty basketball and lopsided victories. Both finished with gold medals, but I liked how Walz gave every player some playing time.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I think they are talking about Kennedy Brown, and off the top of my head.... She wasn't on the u18 team.
@DaBball was speaking of the U18 Trials and Kennedy Brown was at the trials played well and was a late cut.
No shame in not making that team however Neither did Shakira Austin or Aquira DeCosta both of who are one year ahead and ranked higher than Brown.

Reaction Score
Will be very interesting to see if Jeff is able to add Maori Davenport and Aijha Blackwell to his roster after coaching them. Aijha will be narrowing her finalists down this week

Reaction Score
Will be very interesting to see if Jeff is able to add Maori Davenport and Aijha Blackwell to his roster after coaching them. Aijha will be narrowing her finalists down this week

I really don't like the idea of a high school player still in the recruiting process being coached by Walz, Staley, Geno or any other big name DI coach.........really gives that coach an inside track.........

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
It will be. I know Jeff has a lot of needs to fill but he already has Green & Parker committed for 2019. Adding Blackwell & Davenport that much of an upgrade? I think it was ETT-Our Baylor fan who peped us to a rumor last year that Green might reconsider her commitment and stay home in Texas. I guess this is where the Louisville recruiting philosophy gets tested.

Reaction Score
Wanna talk about a quick recruiting process? Esmery Martinez will be anouncing her college decision on Friday the 25th. Choosing between USF, Mississippi State, Louisville, UCLA, Florida State, and South Carolina. Narrowed it down to 10 a few weeks ago before narrowing it to 6 and is already announcing her decision. Not sure if she has even taken any visits to campuses

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Wanna talk about a quick recruiting process? Esmery Martinez will be anouncing her college decision on Friday the 25th. Choosing between USF, Mississippi State, Louisville, UCLA, Florida State, and South Carolina. Narrowed it down to 10 a few weeks ago before narrowing it to 6 and is already announcing her decision. Not sure if she has even taken any visits to campuses
I rooting for Jose @USF on this one. Martinez will fit well in with his other international players and she will do well there.

Reaction Score
I too agree USF would be the best fit for Martinez. Not sure I see a lot of minutes at Miss St, SCarolina, and Louisville. Good player but her game is likely better suited for the AAC

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
I've lost track. Who has she eliminated? Michigan State for sure who else?

The tweet is more than 2 weeks old and was posted here when Jackson announced her top 7.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I just know who the final seven teams are.
I went back and looked she appears to have eliminated at least Michigan, Florida, Michigan State, Maryland and Northwestern.
I also recall a very humorous tweet from Rickea's mother about a year ago paraphrased: " Please stop asking my daughter about a top 5 she can't even decide what she wants for breakfast."

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog