Non-UConn Recruiting Information | Page 80 | The Boneyard

Non-UConn Recruiting Information

Status
Not open for further replies.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
As many transfers as we're seeing in women's hoops lately, I don't really see a reason to single out Louisville and Coach Walz.

Reaction Score
Jeff doesn't like Raoul's tweet:

Oooo, hard to know who to root for here.

Raoul does an amazing job with his WCBB tracking and info, but he has taken a few shots at UConn. And Walz = good coach; better whiner.

Reaction Score
Name a top 50 recruit that doesn’t have Louisville in their top 4/5. They are relentless on the recruiting trail.

Walz & Co. are great recruiters...

Or indiscriminate?

(Not sure which, or which is better.)

Reaction Score
Someone had to take the Mercedes Russell memorial "Standing around watching guards take bad shots" role in Holly's offense...

be kind........you're going to see a whole new Holly coaching philosophy next season.......

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
What's this? I thought TN was going to be 'just fine' with KK and Collins as their size?
:eek:
A team needs players ever year. KK and Collins will have more experience. Key will be a important part of the team.

CamrnCrz1974

Good Guy for a Dookie
Reaction Score
This was a important get for Tennessee. Needed some size and post player. To go with the guards. Davis on the wing.

This is a big recruiting coup for Tennessee, but a HUGE miss for Duke.

Tamari Key is part of the Carolina Flames AAU program, which has a good number of Top 100 kids across multiple recruiting classe:

#7 - Saniya Rivers (2021)
#52 - Tamari Key (2019)
#80 - Anya Poole (2020)
#84 - Teonni Key (2021)
*** Updated rankings per Collegiate Girls Basketball Report

To lose out on a highly ranked in-state recruit has to hurt Duke's Joanne P. McCallie, but to lose out on a pipeline to an in-state AAU program with other highly ranked players could have ripple effects for the Duke program.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
be kind...you're going to see a whole new Holly coaching philosophy next season..
If growing her hair a little longer is considered a change in coaching philosophy, then that will probably be the extent of it.

Reaction Score

2019 Tamari Key to Tennessee
Ranked #50 by ProspectsNation and reportedly played well at Nike Nationals.

Meh. I attended Nike nationals as well as the Indy EYBL session. She’s a bit raw and fairly thin. Her low post moves needs a bit of work and although she’s a good rim protector, she tends to foul too much. She can run the floor well but doesn’t have very good hands.

I watched 2019 wing Brea Beal out work her for post position and rebounds on several occasions and Beal gave up at least 4 inches in that matchup.

Great coaches like Geno, Rueck, Muffett or Wes Moore would have made her into a force but I don’t expect much from her under the tutelage of Holly Warlick.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
This is a big recruiting coup for Tennessee, but a HUGE miss for Duke.

Tamari Key is part of the Carolina Flames AAU program, which has a good number of Top 100 kids across multiple recruiting classe:

#7 - Saniya Rivers (2021)
#52 - Tamari Key (2019)
#80 - Anya Poole (2020)
#84 - Teonni Key (2021)
*** Updated rankings per Collegiate Girls Basketball Report

To lose out on a highly ranked in-state recruit has to hurt Duke's Joanne P. McCallie, but to lose out on a pipeline to an in-state AAU program with other highly ranked players could have ripple effects for the Duke program.

South Carolina’s Grissett is also a former Carolina Flames player as well. That’s a rising AAU program in the South. They’ll be up there with Georgia’s FBC soon. I hear Tamari’s younger sister Teonni is potentially an even better player than Tamari... but in all honesty, Rivers is the player that’s at the top of everybody’s list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom