Non-UConn Recruiting Information | Page 79 | The Boneyard

Non-UConn Recruiting Information

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
If only we can add Haley Jones to the 2019 class... :)
Haley Jones will go to L’ville...not. Can’t see a San Jose girl choosing Cards though Walz snagged Moore from East Bay and Kakala from the Manteca (Valley)

Reaction Score
Kylee Watson recently visited UCLA. Not sure if it’s official or unofficial.

Reaction Score
Kylee Watson recently visited UCLA. Not sure if it’s official or unofficial.

I don't think 2020s can take official visits yet. The 2019s can. So this has to be an unofficial, which would make this visit quite the trip.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
I don't think 2020s can take official visits yet. The 2019s can. So this has to be an unofficial, which would make this visit quite the trip.

You're right...no officials (OV's) until April of junior year.
She also took one to Duke a bit earlier in the spring.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
I believe we have one more scholarship left... I think it's only fair that we get Jones, since you guys got KLS :)

Haha touché.. well I’m not a UConn fan but I wouldn’t be devastated if Jones chose Stanford over some of her other finalists not named South Carolina...

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
that's a great get for UCLA......it's not easy convincing those Texas kids to leave home....

Well, they'll have two kids from Texas taking the floor in 2019: Ms. Owens and Ms. Chou, once she finishes her transfer year. So twofer Texas in Fall '19....

Westward expansion, manifest destiny and all that stuff I was taught in the years when Dan Ingram was broadcasting. :cool:

Reaction Score
Well, they'll have two kids from Texas taking the floor in 2019: Ms. Owens and Ms. Chou, once she finishes her transfer year. So twofer Texas in Fall '19....

Westward expansion, manifest destiny and all that stuff I was taught in the years when Dan Ingram was broadcasting. :cool:

well Chou doesn't count...........she correctly determined that Texas was not the best state for her to play basketball in after her disappointing Baylor experience...........;)

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
UCLA also has a verbal commitment from 2019, 5'10 guard, Camryn Brown from Prestonwood Christian H.S. in the DFW area.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Didn't UCLA get a commit from the Baylor guard Alexis Morris (from Texas) and then she rescinded the verbal shortly after?

Sakibomb25

Yamasaki Let the Good Times Roll
Reaction Score
Didn't UCLA get a commit from the Baylor guard Alexis Morris (from Texas) and then she rescinded the verbal shortly after?
Not to mention Recee' Caldwell from a few years back (though she did end up transferring after a year or two).

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
This UCLA coaching staff has recruited the state of Texas very hard the last few years; they have been very successful in getting kids to visit Westwood. But, they hadn't quite been able to sign any of the top prospects (according to recruiting rankings).

Last year, UCLA signed forward Kayla Owens out of the Houston area. A few years ago they signed a forward out of the Dallas area (but, don't believe she ever played significant minutes).

Japreece Dean, even via transfer, might end up being the Texan who has the biggest impact on the UCLA program. Not sure about Natalie Chou's fit; while I think it's better than Baylor, UCLA has still been a program that relies on the athleticism of its players to be successful. Chou might have been a fitter at Cal, IMO.

Reaction Score
This UCLA coaching staff has recruited the state of Texas very hard the last few years; they have been very successful in getting kids to visit Westwood. But, they hadn't quite been able to sign any of the top prospects (according to recruiting rankings).

Last year, UCLA signed forward Kayla Owens out of the Houston area. A few years ago they signed a forward out of the Dallas area (but, don't believe she ever played significant minutes).

Japreece Dean, even via transfer, might end up being the Texan who has the biggest impact on the UCLA program. Not sure about Natalie Chou's fit; while I think it's better than Baylor, UCLA has still been a program that relies on the athleticism of its players to be successful. Chou might have been a fitter at Cal, IMO.

The Dallas post is Ashley Hearn, was a 2015 McDonald’s All America, but hasn’t made an impact at UCLA, I think she’s often injured. Also if Chou can be an consistent 3 point shooter she could play a role similar to korver and Kornet.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Name a top 50 recruit that doesn’t have Louisville in their top 4/5. They are relentless on the recruiting trail.

Walz & Co. are great recruiters...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro