Non-UConn Recruiting Information | Page 97 | The Boneyard

Non-UConn Recruiting Information

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
are you saying that white, beige and brown squirrels are more polite when it comes to their food intake?.....better be careful Dillon you're treading on dangerous ground.....:rolleyes:

;) Nah, there's just red squirrels on ND's campus. Very entitled ones, at that!

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
The football team is 5-0 and ranked in the top 10. I doubt any Irish fan is sweating about a visit from a high school basketball player. We are sweating about Alex Bars’ injured knee.
Is Alex Bar a WCBB walkon at ND or a transfer that the NCAA is going to make immediately eligible?:eek:

Reaction Score
;) Nah, there's just red squirrels on ND's campus. Very entitled ones, at that!

oh so you're saying ND only allows RED squirrels on campus................definitely a Title 27 violation.................:D

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
I was getting seriously worried that UW wasn't going to get anybody for '19. Now they've gotten 3 commits in about a week. Maybe Jody Wynn will be able to get the programmed turned around. Adding some much needed size. Have a Fr. post from Australia this year and adding 2 more posts next year. Now they desperately need a PG.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...rger?lang=en&usg=AOvVaw3DZyoaZ9SHHTg4vHjH4c5q

Reaction Score
I was getting seriously worried that UW wasn't going to get anybody for '19. Now they've gotten 3 commits in about a week. Maybe Jody Wynn will be able to get the programmed turned around. Adding some much needed size. Have a Fr. post from Australia this year and adding 2 more posts next year. Now they desperately need a PG.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwiowv7I8OjdAhUHoYMKHSG9BpkQFjAAegQIBxAB&url=https://twitter.com/ali_bamberger?lang=en&usg=AOvVaw3DZyoaZ9SHHTg4vHjH4c5q

Hailey Van Lith???? LOL

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Hailey Van Lith???? LOL

Ha ha. Not really what I was angling for. I think chances of that are between slim and none. But they need somebody to run the point, anybody. Moser did her best last year and she's back for a final year, but then what? I don't think Melgoza is a PG, nor is anyone else that will be around for '19-'20. If you're a PG and you want lots of PT and winning a Championship isn't a priority, might be a good school to look at.

Reaction Score

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwiowv7I8OjdAhUHoYMKHSG9BpkQFjAAegQIBxAB&url=https://twitter.com/ali_bamberger?lang=en&usg=AOvVaw3DZyoaZ9SHHTg4vHjH4c5q

Ali is a nice player but her frame and athleticism is perhaps why her other offers were what they were, i.e. SDSU, Boise State and Davis. However, she is a good student and a fine young lady so this is a nice signing. Unranked Nia Lowery is a sleeper signing, IMO. Both were also with Cal Stars

Reaction Score
Ali is a nice player but her frame and athleticism is perhaps why her other offers were what they were, i.e. SDSU, Boise State and Davis. However, she is a good student and a fine young lady so this is a nice signing. Unranked Nia Lowery is a sleeper signing, IMO. Both were also with Cal Stars
I saw UC Davis play this year. Surprisingly they could put the ball in the basket.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
So to tie this together, Jody Wynn's LBSU lost by one point, 55-56 to Oregon St. two years ago in the tournament.

Yeah I think she's a do more with less type of coach. But she definitely needs more to work with than she had last year to be competitive in the Pac 12.

Reaction Score
So now my question is how does Horston to Tennessee affect the decisions of Jackson and Cooke. Does it make them more or less likely to go there? I’d say less. Are Horston and Cooke the package or Cooke and Jackson, or all 3? That trio has intrigued me for a while.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
So where do you think you are in the Rogers/Cooke sweepstakes??? Not sure they go to the same school.
I am not sure about. Rogers. I did find this looking for Horston videos.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Coco:
I noticed that Duke has now gotten commitments from not one, but two 6'+ guard/wings from the Garden State: Azana Baines, the lefty 6'1" slashing guard from Gloucester Catholic (#65 HG) has joined 6'0" guard Jaida Patrick from Saddle River Day (#58) in committing to Duke for the Class of 2019.

If my memory is correct, Ms. Beal is 6'0" tall, as well. Wonder if there's still room for another player of that ilk/size in Durham. That said, Ms. Beal is the much higher-ranked of the three.

Any of our Dookie friends have any thoughts/insights on this?

We are at 15 scholarships for next season.... so perhaps if Beal wants to walk on :p

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Is Alex Bar a WCBB walkon at ND or a transfer that the NCAA is going to make immediately eligible?:eek:

Hah. I missed this a few days ago. I hope Mr. Bar's surgery goes well and he's able to get back to speed and give the NFL a shot once he does (his collegiate eligibility is over.)

"....back in the day," the ND Bookstore Basketball tournament (open to any students and faculty) used to be open to football players (don't know if Kelly allows that now). And the elimination kiss-of-death for us normally sized players was being matched against offensive linemen, like Bars. Not only were they big, most of the good ones were also over 6'4" (or now, 6'7") and quite agile on their feet. They'd block out the sun, let alone the basket, in the lane. All the good teams had at least one or two O-linemen on the team. I still probably have some bone bruises from trying to take it into the lane.... :D;) (and I'm just under 6'2").

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom