Non-UConn Recruiting Information | Page 28 | The Boneyard

Non-UConn Recruiting Information

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
well who ever it is, I prefer a de-commit to a transfer any day..........if a player is uncomfortable with her decision but makes the move anyway it can really effect the rest of the team

Reaction Score
I am hoping we are wrong and I agree rather a de-commit ober a transfer, but the fact they wanted to wait until a certain day and tomorrow is her birthday, not looking good for us :(

Reaction Score
the UT board seems to think it's Charli C...............perhaps all the recent devastation in Texas caused her to rethink leaving home...........certainly makes ONO Uconn's prime target and if that doesn't happen then Boston is a crucial recruiting must in 2019...............

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
the UT board seems to think it's Charli C.....perhaps all the recent devastation in Texas caused her to rethink leaving home......certainly makes ONO Uconn's prime target and if that doesn't happen then Boston is a crucial recruiting must in 2019.....

It would also mean zero current recruits for the '18 class with less than 7 months remaining.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
I am hoping we are wrong and I agree rather a de-commit ober a transfer, but the fact they wanted to wait until a certain day and tomorrow is her birthday, not looking good for us :(

I highly doubt her announcement that she's de-committing is being timed to coincide with her birthday. That would be strange to say the least.

Reaction Score
It would also mean zero current recruits for the '18 class with less than 7 months remaining.

you know Geno isn't into panic recruiting..........too late for Queen Egbo and the other available posts in the '18 class are a question mark to me..........plenty of '19 posts in addition to Boston but not at her level.............. better start doing some homework...............would be disappointed if it is Charlie C but she seems to be a great kid who has had some tough going so staying close to family is understandable.........

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
I used ESPN HoopGurlz 2018 class and took out all the commits from the state of Texas. If rumor is true then its one of the following:

2 Collier, Charli 6'5 F UCONN
8 Smith, NaLyssa 6'2 F Baylor
12 Prince, Sedona 6'7 C Texas
14 Reese, Catherine 6'2 F Arizona
56 Allen-Taylor, Joanne 5'8 G Texas
74 Caldwell, Desiree 5'6 G Southern Cal
77 Williams, Madison 5'10 G Oklahoma
98 Smith, Jasmine 5'8 G Rice

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I used ESPN HoopGurlz 2018 class and took out all the commits from the state of Texas. If rumor is true then its one of the following:

2 Collier, Charli 6'5 F UCONN
8 Smith, NaLyssa 6'2 F Baylor
12 Prince, Sedona 6'7 C Texas
14 Reese, Catherine 6'2 F Arizona
56 Allen-Taylor, Joanne 5'8 G Texas
74 Caldwell, Desiree 5'6 G Southern Cal
77 Williams, Madison 5'10 G Oklahoma
98 Smith, Jasmine 5'8 G Rice
Thanks. Well, I sure hope we are gaining NaLyssa and not losing Charli. This could be a restless night for me.

Reaction Score
I highly doubt her announcement that she's de-committing is being timed to coincide with her birthday. That would be strange to say the least.

that sure would be rubbing salt into the wound...........not something that I could see Charlie intentionally doing and probably not something that the U of Texas coaching staff would want to do to Geno and UConn........then again I often underestimate how tactless some folks can be

Reaction Score
Collier, Smith and Prince are the only ones that would be considered big news and from what some are saying Texas is gaining not losing a player.......

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
that sure would be rubbing salt into the wound......not something that I could see Charlie intentionally doing and probably not something that the U of Texas coaching staff would want to do to Geno and UConn...then again I often underestimate how tactless some folks can be

That's certainly not something Collier would even think about doing. The timing of this has nothing to do with her birthday. I think what you suggested above -- she lost her father, hurricane, etc. -- has caused her to want to stay close to home. There was always that risk, I suppose. While now is better than a year from now, 6 months ago would have been better than now. The timing of this could hardly be worse.

I doubt Aston gives 2 ____s about Geno.

Reaction Score
Baylor board thinks it's Collier too...........one poster insisted that Texas never stopped recruiting Charli after she committed to UConn..........obviously there's no way of knowing that at this point but certainly possible

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
you know Geno isn't into panic recruiting.....too late for Queen Egbo and the other available posts in the '18 class are a question mark to me.....plenty of '19 posts in addition to Boston but not at her level.... better start doing some homework.....would be disappointed if it is Charlie C but she seems to be a great kid who has had some tough going so staying close to family is understandable....

No panic recruiting in Storrs. Stuff like this happens despite the fact that Geno, Chris and his staff are very good at this part of their job. We'll see what happens with the 2 remaining recruits. There's one other possibility but that may not take shape for a while.

Reaction Score
Well if ONO ever wanted to feel really, really needed, here's her opportunity..............if Geno could pull that off, it would be a very interesting swap indeed................

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Baylor board thinks it's Collier too......one poster insisted that Texas never stopped recruiting Charli after she committed to UConn.....obviously there's no way of knowing that at this point but certainly possible

It is and that would not be surprising. Remember what Aston said about recruits after the S16 game a couple of years ago:

“I’ve said this all along, no disrespect to anyone. I can’t understand why anyone from Texas would want to leave Texas,”

Reaction Score
It is and that would not be surprising. Remember what Aston said about recruits after the S16 game a couple of years ago:

“I’ve said this all along, no disrespect to anyone. I can’t understand why anyone from Texas would want to leave Texas,”

no disrespect to Ms Aston but how about to win National Championships

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score

A parochial Texas point of view.

Reaction Score
Tomorrow is Charli's birthday. All of a sudden, I'm worried.
Boothe, Collier, Prince, and Holmes is a deep front court but could cause a log jam. Also hearing if this happens Egbo will pick Baylor.

Reaction Score
A parochial Texas point of view.

that attitude would be kind of amusing if they didn't have so many good basketball players down there...........however, I think that cyclical tide is turning a bit.............next all of the good players will be coming from Tennessee..............ughh

Reaction Score
Boothe, Collier, Prince, and Holmes is a deep front court but could cause a log jam. Also hearing if this happens Egbo will pick Baylor.

might be a double whammy for UConn as Christyn Williams will have to seriously consider Texas with all that talent for a championship run............

Reaction Score
Who knows if the Charli rumor is based on hard info, or is just an avalanche of gossip....But I do have trouble thinking it would be Nalyssa Smith, because she sounded so excited when she announced just three weeks ago. I kind of doubt it's Sedona Prince, because she's sounded pretty happy with her choice. Maybe it is Catherine Reese second-guessing Arizona, or Madi Williams realizing Oklahoma is not that pleasant a place to live. "Major" to Texans might not seem major to New Englanders. Texas is my team, but can't agree with Coach Aston...I can think of many reasons to leave Texas (and my family has been here since it was part of Mexico). Charliebball seems right... when you look at lists of recruits in upcoming years, the cycle of great Texas players seems to waning a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom