Non-UConn Recruiting Information | Page 25 | The Boneyard

Non-UConn Recruiting Information

Status
Not open for further replies.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Wait..... Last time TN had a twin visit it didn't go so good. Allegedly Brown and Mompremier made their decisions to attend Baylor together while on the Knoxville campus.
Yes that was a bit different. Williams and DeCosta I think both ranked higher. As it goes in recruiting we will see. If the both did go to Tennessee that would be huge.

jennyo70

Loo'ville Lady
Reaction Score
Yes, this time they will decide while on Knoxville campus that Williams will go somewhere (insert any 4 other schools) and DeCosta will go to Louisville. ;)

Yes that was a bit different. Williams and DeCosta I think both ranked higher. As it goes in recruiting we will see. If the both did go to Tennessee that would be huge.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Yes, this time they will decide while on Knoxville campus that Williams will go somewhere (insert any 4 other schools) and DeCosta will go to Louisville. ;)
UCONN.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
We will see. If they both go to Tennessee that's a #1 class. If not I hope atleast one does.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Tennessee could get four #1 classes in a row and still not make the final four with Holly as Head Coach!
images

wes33

Revels in Blue Devils
Reaction Score
Tennessee could get four #1 classes in a row and still not make the final four with Holly as Head Coach!

What are the odds in the race to the final 4 between Holly and Coach P ?

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Great weeekend in Starkville! They also picked up 6'3 P out of Georgia I believe, Jessika Carter!

Yes it was a great weekend in Starkville..... they skinned the #12 ranked bayou bengals last night 37-7

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Yes it was a great weekend in Starkville..... they skinned the #12 ranked bayou bengals last night 37-7

So would you think a big football win would sway recruits? Excitement of it all maybe?

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
So would you think a big football win would sway recruits? Excitement of it all maybe?

Never really thought about it like that..... but it was a evening/night game..... sold out crowd of 60,000 plus....... great atmosphere.......... probably walked through the tail gating section on the way to the stadium.

Reaction Score

on one hand, sure beats going to a UConn football game, on the other hand it just reminds the recruit which sport is really king on campus

Reaction Score
  1. Raoul‏ @Raoul_000 22m22 minutes ago
    WBB: Lauren "Lolo" Davenport, 6-0 W, Plano Senior HS (TX-2018), took an official visit to Houston this weekend; took prior visit to Delaware
    Raoul‏ @Raoul_000 1h1 hour ago

2. Replying to @Raoul_000
    Jessika Carter picked Mississippi State over Miami (FL), North Carolina State, Ohio State, Tennessee, and Texas.
  3. Raoul‏ @Raoul_000 1h1 hour ago
    WBB: Appears to be multi-commit weekend—Mississippi State lands another top 60 prospect in Jessika Carter, 6-5 C, Harris County HS (GA-2018)

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Wow!! Thats interesting regarding Lauren Davenport.

She decommitted from Texas and has visited Delaware and Houston.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Wow!! Thats interesting regarding Lauren Davenport.

She decommitted from Texas and has visited Delaware and Houston.
Yeah, not sure what to make of Lolo's recruitment; she had committed to Texas in late December. And, then, in June "opened up her recruitment". She still attended Texas' summer camp a week or two later. Doesn't appear as if Texas is still involved with her.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Important note... with Carter and the other post player both committed to Mississippi State it's highly unlikely Queen Egbo (has the Bulldogs in her final 4) commits there.. her other finalists are Baylor, FSU and Texas I believe. The path is clearing for her to go to FSU... which will take the seminoles out of the race for Nelson-Ododa...

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Important note... with Carter and the other post player both committed to Mississippi State it's highly unlikely Queen Egbo (has the Bulldogs in her final 4) commits there.. her other finalists are Baylor, FSU and Texas I believe. The path is clearing for her to go to FSU... which will take the seminoles out of the race for Nelson-Ododa...
I'm not sure that's the right assumption. Not sure how each of Egbo's finalists would user her in their offense (Center / PF / both). That could be key, as well as the depth in the frontcourt.

MSU now has 4 verbal commitments; they could be full (unless there is attrition). Same situation for Texas, although we are expecting some possible attrition. Of course, MSU has two front-court verbals, while Texas only has one. Baylor has one, as well. FSU has all backcourt verbals.

Interesting that Queen took her first official visit to Texas on 09/01, but has not taken any others since. They are most likely scheduled already, and still plenty of time to take them before the early signing period begins/ends. But, most recruits take their multiple visits in consecutive weeks, or at least every other week. Miss. State had their huge recruiting weekend this week in conjunction with the LSU football game, but Queen was not part of that. Guessing FSU has a huge football weekend coming up; not sure about Baylor.

Reaction Score
Interesting that Queen took her first official visit to Texas on 09/01, but has not taken any others since. They are most likely scheduled already, and still plenty of time to take them before the early signing period begins/ends. But, most recruits take their multiple visits in consecutive weeks, or at least every other week. Miss. State had their huge recruiting weekend this week in conjunction with the LSU football game, but Queen was not part of that. Guessing FSU has a huge football weekend coming up; not sure about Baylor.
FSU has home games with NC State coming up this Saturday, Miami on 10/7 and Louisville on 10/21.

Baylor has a really bad football team this year, having lost to Liberty, Texas-San Antonio and Duke this year, with no wins so far.. This is a result of the Briles debacle, recruits/commits leaving, a year of "caretaker" coaching by Jim Grobe and the resulting continued recruiting disaster, then the subsequent inability to attract a big-name "permanent" coach. They do have a big football weekend coming up this weekend vs. Oklahoma, but I doubt their performance is going to impress any WBB recruits.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
I recall reading a quote from Ann Strother in which she wondered why schools were taking her to football games on recruiting trips. "I'm a basketball player."

I'm sure recruits enjoy the atmosphere of big-time football games, but the decision is about basketball (coaches, teammates), academics, etc.

Reaction Score
I'm sure recruits enjoy the atmosphere of big-time football games, but the decision is about basketball (coaches, teammates), academics, etc.

you answered your own question..............;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom