Non-UConn Recruiting Information | Page 24 | The Boneyard

Non-UConn Recruiting Information

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
if you don't mind my use of dog breeds in comparison...the first two played like Labrador Retrievers while this one plays like a Whippet....I think MM could do far worse....

It's not always about how they play . . .

Reaction Score
It's not always about how they play . . .

the Mabreys are all hyper competitive and they will fight to the end which may not be attractive to their opponent's fans but I bet they are popular with the Irish fans...........this one let's her basketball play do most of the talking

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
the Mabreys are all hyper competitive and they will fight to the end which may not be attractive to their opponent's fans but I bet they are popular with the Irish fans......this one let's her basketball play do most of the talking

Who said anything about fans? I surely didn't.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Who said anything about fans? I surely didn't.

You didn't say much of anything.

tenor.gif

Reaction Score
I have no idea whether UConn has interest here..........guess we will have to start a 2021/22 page pretty soon

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
To any of our Duke-knowledgeable colleagues (and/or anyone else who has information):
Does anyone know why Arieal Scott de-committed from Duke? She apparently committed just after a visit, but then kind of quietly dropped it. And since then, I have not seen much on possible other landing places.
Thanks for any input.

@CamrnCrz1974

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
now that's different!!

@Charliebball I'm not sure everyone will full pick up on what you may be trying to say. Desiree's older sister, Recee played for UCLA and little sis is going to play for USC-Trojans. Also believe Desiree was originally a TCU commit.

Reaction Score
@Charliebball I'm not sure everyone will full pick up on what you may be trying to say. Desiree's older sister, Recee played for UCLA and little sis is going to play for USC-Trojans. Also believe Desiree was originally a TCU commit.

She Committed to Texas Tech when her father Ray Caldwell was on staff. Once he left she Decommitted. I'm glad she's found a new home and I hope it's the right fit.

CamrnCrz1974

Good Guy for a Dookie
Reaction Score
To any of our Duke-knowledgeable colleagues (and/or anyone else who has information):
Does anyone know why Arieal Scott de-committed from Duke? She apparently committed just after a visit, but then kind of quietly dropped it. And since then, I have not seen much on possible other landing places.
Thanks for any input.

Long story short, it was a mutual decision. She would not have been good at Duke, and Duke would not have been good for her. And that is all I can say...

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Long story short, it was a mutual decision. She would not have been good at Duke, and Duke would not have been good for her. And that is all I can say...

Fair enough. Thanks.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
This isn't really news is it? USC in Williams top 5. USC Recruiting news | GoGamecocks.com by The State

They say: " The Gamecocks weren’t in her six schools listed in her blog for USA Today last month." I thought they were. Charlie?

Did her USA experience convince her Dawn and the Gamecocks were worthy of greater consideration? Dawn has new recruiting tools after all.

Last edited:

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
She first had a top 8 of UConn, Baylor, Notre Dame, Tennessee, UCLA, South Carolina, Arkansas and Texas. She then dropped Texas to get to 7. Next, South Carolina was dropped from Williams' list the same time as Arkansas.. which was the top 7.. giving her a top 5 of UConn, Baylor, Notre Dame, Tennessee and UCLA.

She then removed Baylor and added Texas instead.. and after that, she removed Notre Dame and added South Carolina back to the fold. So her new top 5 is South Carolina, UConn, Texas, UCLA and Tennessee.

Williams has already visited UCLA. She will visit South Carolina next weekend, Tennessee 9/28 - 9/30, Texas 10/5 - 10/7 and UConn 10/12 - 10/14.

According to Williams, Dawn Staley is her primary reason for considering SC.

"What stands out about Coach Staley is that she was a player and has accomplished the things I want to accomplish one day and it’s very rare to find that quality in a head coach."

Reaction Score
She first had a top 8 of UConn, Baylor, Notre Dame, Tennessee, UCLA, South Carolina, Arkansas and Texas.

According to Williams, Dawn Staley is her primary reason for considering SC.

"What stands out about Coach Staley is that she was a player and has accomplished the things I want to accomplish one day and it’s very rare to find that quality in a head coach."

so she just realized that Coach Staley has accomplished things? ..........hmmmmmmm...........seems to me that she's simply unconvinced of the other programs and is just looking for another option

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
so she just realized that Coach Staley has accomplished things? .....hmmmmmmm......seems to me that she's simply unconvinced of the other programs and is just looking for another option

Also under hmmm...she's visiting both South Carolina and Tennessee as a tag team with Ms. DeCosta...

Raoul‏ @Raoul_000
WBB: Updated official visit schedule for Christyn Williams; she & Aquira DeCosta will visit South Carolina same wkd.

1. Replying to @Raoul_000
    And Christyn Williams and Aquira DeCosta will also visit Tennessee together, the weekend of September 29.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Also under hmmm...
Raoul‏ @Raoul_000
WBB: Updated official visit schedule for Christyn Williams; she & Aquira DeCosta will visit South Carolina same wkd.

1. Replying to @Raoul_000
    And Christyn Williams and Aquira DeCosta will also visit Tennessee together, the weekend of September 29.
I think it good they are visiting together.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I think it good they are visiting together.
Wait..... Last time TN had a twin visit it didn't go so good. Allegedly Brown and Mompremier made their decisions to attend Baylor together while on the Knoxville campus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom