Non-UConn Recruiting Information | Page 23 | The Boneyard

Non-UConn Recruiting Information

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score

They chose their home football weekend vs. Oklahoma. The pageantry of 100,000 rabid fans in the Horseshoe for a big early-season matchup of top 5 teams will be impressive.

(Boomer Sooner!! Kick some Buckeye butt!!!)

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score

I saw Engstler play a few years back: kind of reminds me of Faith Masonius. Forward-sized kid who plays center for her high school team and does a lot of the dirty work. Nice mid-range jumper and has a nice array of moves underneath. Tough. Still kind of a tweener though...has to be in a team that uses a traditional forward or high post.

Reaction Score
  1. Raoul‏ @Raoul_000 1h1 hour ago
    WBB: In addition to Aquira DeCosta (espnW #4) and Neenah Young, Southern Cal has a 3rd official visitor this weekend—Desiree Caldwell (#74).
  2. Caitlin Bickle (espnW #28) is also rumored to be visiting Baylor this weekend; AAU teammate of Baylor visitor Taylor Chavez.
  3. WBB: Finalists/official visits chart for 2018s updated with revised espnW rankings, plus more visits this weekend or later noted.

DJOy7ehWsAAM3h0.jpg

Reaction Score
Baylor adds another highly rated recruit............it seems all of those past indiscretions don't mean a thing to future recruits

Dillon77

Reaction Score
Baylor adds another highly rated recruit..it seems all of those past indiscretions don't mean a thing to future recruits

Never seemed to affect anything, did it?

On a practical note, seems this player seems to have a lot of the same attributes that Kristy Wallace displaces....non-stop motor, perimeter threat who is not scared to take it to the hoop.

Reaction Score
Never seemed to affect anything, did it?

On a practical note, seems this player seems to have a lot of the same attributes that Kristy Wallace displaces....non-stop motor, perimeter threat who is not scared to take it to the hoop.

that's hard to say...............we'd have to check with the recruits that Baylor didn't get to find out

Reaction Score
that's hard to say.....we'd have to check with the recruits that Baylor didn't get to find out

Hopefully it affects DeCosta's decision. Baylor now has Bickle who will likely play the 2/3 in college & Smith who Kim promised she'd play at the 3/4( The same position she promised DeCosta she would be played at). Baylor also has Chou, Oliver, and Richards at the wing positions. So that will likely mean DeCosta will have to settle for the 4 along with Smith (which she probably wouldn't like being their playing style is similar) or be in a log Jam at the 3 with Bickle, Chou, Richards and Oliver. I think she will probably still take her visit to Waco but it may be a long shot for the Bears. Although I've learned to never underestimate Kim Mulkey.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Hopefully it affects DeCosta's decision. Baylor now has Bickle who will likely play the 2/3 in college & Smith who Kim promised she'd play at the 3/4( The same position she promised DeCosta she would be played at). Baylor also has Chou, Oliver, and Richards at the wing positions. So that will likely mean DeCosta will have to settle for the 4 along with Smith (which she probably wouldn't like being their playing style is similar) or be in a log Jam at the 3 with Bickle, Chou, Richards and Oliver. I think she will probably still take her visit to Waco but it may be a long shot for the Bears. Although I've learned to never underestimate Kim Mulkey.
Just curious about the phrase "Kim promised" and need more insight. Here is how I have seen it work personally and it's anything but a promise. There is always a conversation about the depth chart, other players being recruited (not by name in most cases) and where you the recruit fits into that triangle of consideration. Sometimes the recruit walks away taking a projection as a promise. As in coach says if I come here I would start ahead of Becky & Mary Jo. Was Kim "projecting" or did she actually "promise"?

Reaction Score
Just curious about the phrase "Kim promised" and need more insight. Here is how I have seen it work personally and it's anything but a promise. There is always a conversation about the depth chart, other players being recruited (not by name in most cases) and where you the recruit fits into that triangle of consideration. Sometimes the recruit walks away taking a projection as a promise. As in coach says if I come here I would start ahead of Becky & Mary Jo. Was Kim "projecting" or did she actually "promise"?

and thus the multitude of transfers we've been witnessing for the past few years..........many kids want to play when and where they want to play, they have limited patience thanks to their AAU coaches and coddling parents

Dillon77

Reaction Score
To any of our Duke-knowledgeable colleagues (and/or anyone else who has information):
Does anyone know why Arieal Scott de-committed from Duke? She apparently committed just after a visit, but then kind of quietly dropped it. And since then, I have not seen much on possible other landing places.
Thanks for any input.

Reaction Score

Exactly why we've seen so many transfers. These kids are 17 & 18 years old when they commit (a young age for a life changing decision) so they're really naïve when it comes to the actuality of what they decide. Hope DeCosta doesn't fall into that trap of being "promised" playing time as a 3 when she's actually a 4.

Reaction Score
To any of our Duke-knowledgeable colleagues (and/or anyone else who has information):
Does anyone know why Arieal Scott de-committed from Duke? She apparently committed just after a visit, but then kind of quietly dropped it. And since then, I have not seen much on possible other landing places.
Thanks for any input.

it's possible she decided to stay closer to home...........she's a Midwestern kid if I remember correctly..........BTW another good shooter who Dara M could run rings around

Dillon77

Reaction Score
it's possible she decided to stay closer to home......she's a Midwestern kid if I remember correctly.....BTW another good shooter who Dara M could run rings around

Believe me, the first thing I thought about when I saw the Williams announcement was hoping MM and/or Niele would pick up the phone to the Jersey Shore, regardless of who those two finalists on Dara's current list are. ;). Mabrey can literally and figuratively run rings around a bunch of guards rated higher than her.

Scott is a Midwestern kid (Urbana, Illinois, I believe) who plays AAU ball in Indianapolis. Great spot-up shooter who apparently is also working on her ball-handling and pull-up jumper.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Believe me, the first thing I thought about when I saw the Williams announcement was hoping MM and/or Niele would pick up the phone to the Jersey Shore, regardless of who those two finalists on Dara's current list are. ;). Mabrey can literally and figuratively run rings around a bunch of guards rated higher than her.

Scott is a Midwestern kid (Urbana, Illinois, I believe) who plays AAU ball in Indianapolis. Great spot-up shooter who apparently is also working on her ball-handling and pull-up jumper.

I've seen her on tape..........she must be able to shoot it welfrom downtown because she is not particularly quick

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score

Dorothy Parker once famously said about martinis:

"I like to have a martini,
two at the very most.
After three I'm under the table,
after four I'm under my host."

I wonder if Muffet feels the same about the Mabreys: two at the very most. Sometimes that second one is quite enough.

Last edited:

Dillon77

Reaction Score

two at the very most.

I wonder if Muffet feels the same about the Mabreys: two at the very most. Sometimes, that second one is quite enough.

Touche. Point well taken.
By the way, I have not been to the Algonquin in quite some time....:rolleyes:

Reaction Score

two at the very most.

I wonder if Muffet feels the same about the Mabreys: two at the very most. Sometimes, that second one is quite enough.

if you don't mind my use of dog breeds in comparison........the first two played like Labrador Retrievers while this one plays like a Whippet..............I think MM could do far worse.........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom