Non-UConn Recruiting Information | Page 21 | The Boneyard

Non-UConn Recruiting Information

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Nice blurb. :D

Charli Collier -- Cy-Fair Elite (Texas) Forward

Arguably the top prospect in the nation, Collier, a 6-foot-5 UConn commit from Barbers Hill (Texas), is incredibly skilled and currently one of the faces of the entire high school girls game.

I’m pretty high on CC she has nice height for a forward, and can already stretch the floor, I think she can have a A’ja Wilson type impact, once she gets to college and will end up the number 1 player in the 2018 class once all the Rankings are final.

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score
I’m pretty high on CC she has nice height for a forward, and can already stretch the floor, I think she can have a A’ja Wilson type impact, once she gets to college and will end up the number 1 player in the 2018 class once all the Rankings are final.
When was the last time she was ranked #1? I do recall back when she released her top 12 in August 2016 she was #1 @ that point. I don't recall exactly when she slipped but I believe she was ranking #3 for a bit. As of now it seems she is ranked #2 by HoopGurlz.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
When was the last time she was ranked #1? I do recall back when she released her top 12 in August 2016 she was #1 @ that point. I don't recall exactly when she slipped but I believe she was ranking #3 for a bit. As of now it seems she is ranked #2 by HoopGurlz.

Collier is #1 at Prospects Nation and #2 at ESPN and Blue Star. I believe she's #2 on ASGR as well but it's hard to get updated rankings from McCormick.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
According to a tweet I saw, Bayor is getting DeCosta's last OV. The good news is they will not be together as Smith has said she will decide long before DeCosta's visit is scheduled.

When was DeCosta's OV? Smith has said that she is making her announcement on Sept 1 so that must mean that DeCosta must have had her OV by now?

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Apparently reading is detrimental to you because I never said she was going to be the "Second coming" of Parker nor did I say she was going to be a Wing or 3 in college. I stated she has similarities to Parker and that she could slide to the 3 in certain situations. Yes smith will play some 5 but she's a natural 4 with guard skills. Did I also mention Nalyssa shot 60% from three this AAU season?? She's a very versatile player and really hope she commits to Dawn.

Reading must not be fundamental to you because I never said that YOU said that. So get your knickers out of a twist.

jennyo70

Loo'ville Lady
Reaction Score
Per DeCosta's twitter, her OV's are scheduled:
USC 9/8-9/10
U of L 9/15-9/17
S. Carolina 9/22-9/24
Tennessee 9/29-10/1
Baylor 10/6-10/8

My point was Smith's decision was not going to be impacted by DeCosta, as Decosta will not have even visited Baylor by the time Smith announces.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Per DeCosta's twitter, her OV's are scheduled:
USC 9/8-9/10
U of L 9/15-9/17
S. Carolina 9/22-9/24
Tennessee 9/29-10/1
Baylor 10/6-10/8

My point was Smith's decision was not going to be impacted by DeCosta, as Decosta will not have even visited Baylor by the time Smith announces.
Considering DeCosta lives is in Cali, that is a lot of long flights in consecutive weeks. Won't surprise me if she cancels one or two of them.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Considering DeCosta lives is in Cali, that is a lot of long flights in consecutive weeks. Won't surprise me if she cancels one or two of them.

She needs to cancel S. Cal and Tennessee so that she is well rested for the Baylor visit.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
South Carolina 2017 recruit Haley Troup, SG from Alabama, has left the team. She traveled with the team to Japan in July but chose not to return for the fall semester. No word yet on transfer plans.

ocoandasoc

Fan of MizzoUConn
Reaction Score
South Carolina 2017 recruit Haley Troup, SG from Alabama, has left the team. She traveled with the team to Japan in July but chose not to return for the fall semester. No word yet on transfer plans.

She just signed with Missouri. She'll sit out a year and have four years of eligibility.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Top 10 recruit NaLyssa Smith (6-2 F, Texas) will be announcing her decision tomorrow evening. I haven't followed Smith's recruitment too closely but it seems many believe the choice will be between South Carolina and Baylor with many favoring South Carolina. Interesting that Jody Demling, who covers Louisville sports and gets information from the Louisville staff, reports that Smith is torn between 2 schools and he believes the two schools are Louisville and Baylor. She'll announce tomorrow evening.

jennyo70

Loo'ville Lady
Reaction Score
Top 10 recruit NaLyssa Smith (6-2 F, Texas) will be announcing her decision tomorrow evening. I haven't followed Smith's recruitment too closely but it seems many believe the choice will be between South Carolina and Baylor with many favoring South Carolina. Interesting that Jody Demling, who covers Louisville sports and gets information from the Louisville staff, reports that Smith is torn between 2 schools and he believes the two schools are Louisville and Baylor. She'll announce tomorrow evening.

She announced on twitter the date and time she would make her decision known. Someone asked her if her decision was made, and she stated she was "stuck between two schools". Jody Demling stated "if I had to guess, I would say it is between Louisville and Baylor".

I've thought she was Baylor's to lose for a long time. I'm really surprised to hear she is having a hard time between 2 schools. Someone impressed on an official visit. I hope it was us. We will know soon enough.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
She announced on twitter the date and time she would make her decision known. Someone asked her if her decision was made, and she stated she was "stuck between two schools". Jody Demling stated "if I had to guess, I would say it is between Louisville and Baylor".

I've thought she was Baylor's to lose for a long time. I'm really surprised to hear she is having a hard time between 2 schools. Someone impressed on an official visit. I hope it was us. We will know soon enough.

A Demling guess is typically an educated one; sounds like the Louisville staff thinks it impressed on Smith's official visit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom