Non-UConn Recruiting Information | Page 20 | The Boneyard

Non-UConn Recruiting Information

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
According to a tweet by Raoul, Andrea Aquino, 6-9 C from NJ (Class of 2018) has verbally committed to Oregon State.
And according to her own twitter.

It looks like she’s playing her final year of high school ball in California, now I see why she would be going from Nj to Oregon State.

Reaction Score
It looks like she’s playing her final year of high school ball in California, now I see why she would be going from Nj to Oregon State.

well things are a mess at Patterson East side so she might as well get a head start out west..........curious to see how she ends up............nice kid but personally I've never been that impressed with her play.............then again what do I know.................

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
curious to see how she ends up..nice kid but personally I've never been that impressed with her play...then again what do I know..

Hamblin was a HUGE project before she arrived in Corvallis, and I don't think Gulic was exactly considered a prized recruit. Both made tremendous improvements while at OSU. I won't be surprised at all to see her develop into a strong post presence.

Reaction Score
Hamblin was a HUGE project before she arrived in Corvallis, and I don't think Gulic was exactly considered a prized recruit. Both made tremendous improvements while at OSU. I won't be surprised at all to see her develop into a strong post presence.

time will tell..........definitely going to take the right coach to get the best out of her

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
I posted in another thread that Williams has a visit set up with Tenn (Sept 23) as well.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
time will tell.....definitely going to take the right coach to get the best out of her

Well, I think she does have the right coach. In addition to the two posts I mentioned previously, Devin Hunter, Breanna Brown and Kolbie Orum have all developed into effective post players during Rueck's tenure, and I don't think any of them were highly regarded prospects either.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score

The key line in regards to Coach McGraw's comments on recruiting:
"McGraw said there is room to add at least three more recruits if there is mutual interest."

A thought or three:
- Like the idea that PG Jordan Nixon has (re)added ND to the finals list and is coming out to visit for the Sept. 2nd home football game opener. She knows Peoples is coming in 2019 and still wants to consider ND. MM and Niele Ivey saw her play when they were recruiting HS teammate and current ND frosh Danielle Patterson so they know what kind of talent they'd be getting. My guess is Niele went right back to work on Ms. Nixon after Scott went to Stanford. According to Raoul, she's already visited UCLA, Ohio State and UVA (don't know about Georgia), so the Irish have a chance to make a good last(ing) impression.
- I'll also be out on campus on Sept. 30th, as is Christyn Williams, and happen to be attending a tailgater that has some out-of-this-world pork pulls and white wine-garlic-marinated chicken breasts. Maybe Christyn would like to drop by? ;)
- Don't know if ONO will put the Irish on the short list, but if so, would hope she also comes out. If not, I think that's it for bigs until 2019 (and/or until Ms. Turner recuperates and Ms. Shepard is eligible).

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
The key line in regards to Coach McGraw's comments on recruiting:
"McGraw said there is room to add at least three more recruits if there is mutual interest."

A thought or three:
- Like the idea that PG Jordan Nixon has (re)added ND to the finals list and is coming out to visit for the Sept. 2nd home football game opener. She knows Peoples is coming in 2019 and still wants to consider ND. MM and Niele Ivey saw her play when they were recruiting HS teammate and current ND frosh Danielle Patterson so they know what kind of talent they'd be getting. My guess is Niele went right back to work on Ms. Nixon after Scott went to Stanford. According to Raoul, she's already visited UCLA, Ohio State and UVA (don't know about Georgia), so the Irish have a chance to make a good last(ing) impression.
- I'll also be out on campus on Sept. 30th, as is Christyn Williams, and happen to be attending a tailgater that has some out-of-this-world pork pulls and white wine-garlic-marinated chicken breasts. Maybe Christyn would like to drop by? ;)
- Don't know if ONO will put the Irish on the short list, but if so, would hope she also comes out. If not, I think that's it for bigs until 2019 (and/or until Ms. Turner recuperates and Ms. Shepard is eligible).

Im not really sure who Ms Wiliams is.. but if you want to Fedex some of those Marinated Chicken Breasts and Pork down to the Piedmont Triad.... I'll be sure to put in a good word to any prospective Irish Targets here in NC. :cool:

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Im not really sure who Ms Wiliams is.. but if you want to Fedex some of those Marinated Chicken Breasts and Pork down to the Piedmont Triad.... I'll be sure to put in a good word to any prospective Irish Targets here in NC. :cool:

There you go :D

SI football writer and foodie wrote up a top 25 eateries in college football towns and he recommends the bacon steaks at the LaSalle Kitchen and Tavern in South Bend. (See #5 on this list: Ranking America's best college town meals )
I'll be very busy that weekend between the barbecue and Kitchen! Might even get to the game.;)

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Nice blurb. :D

Charli Collier -- Cy-Fair Elite (Texas) Forward

Arguably the top prospect in the nation, Collier, a 6-foot-5 UConn commit from Barbers Hill (Texas), is incredibly skilled and currently one of the faces of the entire high school girls game.

by the time the UConn coaches are able to spend time with her she will be virtually unstoppable........a legit 6'5" post that can shoot from the inside and outside and run the court well............can't wait to see it happen!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom