Non-UConn Recruiting Information | Page 18 | The Boneyard

Non-UConn Recruiting Information

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Owusu will be 4th consecutive top PG for MD.
2016- Destiny Slocum #7
2017-Channise Lewis #55
2018-Taylor Mikesell #20
2019- Ashley Owusu #10

Another case where the player said she was considering UConn...............she's certainly talented enough but I wasn't aware she had a UConn offer............#2 point guard in the class........oh to have talented recruits that want to stay near home to play.........

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
I know Owusu is a 2019 recruit.. but Maryland is quietly building a strong 2018 class as well. They already have two post players committed with Shakira Austin more of a PF and Olivia Owens more of a Center. I'm hoping that takes them out of the running for the Olivia Nelson-Ododa sweepstakes..

I feel like any school with 1 post player already committed for 2018 still has a shot at her.. but two? I doubt it. Although, one should never say never I guess.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I know Owusu is a 2019 recruit.. but Maryland is quietly building a strong 2018 class as well. They already have two post players committed with Shakira Austin more of a PF and Olivia Owens more of a Center. I'm hoping that takes them out of the running for the Olivia Nelson-Ododa sweepstakes..

I feel like any school with 1 post player already committed for 2018 still has a shot at her.. but two? I doubt it. Although, one should never say never I guess.

I hope she ends up at Maryland and Nelson-Ododa ends up at SC, so that Smith will end up at Baylor. Smith will probably be the first domino to fall in this process, impacting the decisions of a few other post players.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
I hope she ends up at Maryland and Nelson-Ododa ends up at SC, so that Smith will end up at Baylor. Smith will probably be the first domino to fall in this process, impacting the decisions of a few other post players.

Smith is committing in a few weeks so she will definitely be the first domino to fall, I think she's down to Baylor, SC and perhaps Louisville. Maryland already has Austin and Owens committed so you can pretty much take them out of the running for Nelson-Ododa. I'm not sure who I want more.. Nelson-Ododa or Smith but we definitely need to land at least one of them. I think Baylor has a really good shot at Queen Egbo.. but look out for Florida State... they can't miss right now when it comes to recruiting.

Reaction Score
Smith is committing in a few weeks so she will definitely be the first domino to fall, I think she's down to Baylor, SC and perhaps Louisville. Maryland already has Austin and Owens committed so you can pretty much take them out of the running for Nelson-Ododa. I'm not sure who I want more.. Nelson-Ododa or Smith but we definitely need to land at least one of them. I think Baylor has a really good shot at Queen Egbo.. but look out for Florida State... they can't miss right now when it comes to recruiting.

I want both of them to go along with Destanni Henderson. Smith plays 3/4 while Nelson-Ododa plays the 5. No reason to believe both can't play on the same team with different skill sets. 3 top ten players is a guaranteed top 3 class. I'm on pins and needles waiting on Smith. She has the total package and will ease the lost of Wilson.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I want both of them to go along with Destanni Henderson. Smith plays 3/4 while Nelson-Ododa plays the 5. No reason to believe both can't play on the same team with different skill sets. 3 top ten players is a guaranteed top 3 class. I'm on pins and needles waiting on Smith. She has the total package and will ease the lost of Wilson.

I disagree. Smith is a 5 all the way. I am not saying that she cannot play the 4, but no way she is playing the 3.

Reaction Score
I disagree. Smith is a 5 all the way. I am not saying that she cannot play the 4, but no way she is playing the 3.

Exactly why she doesn't need to go to Baylor. Kim Mulkey wouldn't allow her to use her full skill set. Sticking Smith down low on the block is just idiotic! Have you ever seen a 6'4" girl basketball player doing sit down crosses (a guard drill) from the baseline to the other in for a pull-up three? Nalyssa is certainly not a Center but a true stretch 4 that can defend the 3 or play there in certain situations. That doesn't mean she couldn't play the 5 in a small quicker lineup but it isn't her natural position. Her skill set is very similar to Candace Parker but I would say Smith has the better perimeter game. Hope she does the right thing and commit to Dawn and gamecock nation.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
A question. If Nelson-Ododa is fully healthy is she the #1 player in this class?

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Exactly why she doesn't need to go to Baylor. Kim Mulkey wouldn't allow her to use her full skill set. Sticking Smith down low on the block is just idiotic! Have you ever seen a 6'4" girl basketball player doing sit down crosses (a guard drill) from the baseline to the other in for a pull-up three? Nalyssa is certainly not a Center but a true stretch 4 that can defend the 3 or play there in certain situations. That doesn't mean she couldn't play the 5 in a small quicker lineup but it isn't her natural position. Her skill set is very similar to Candace Parker but I would say Smith has the better perimeter game. Hope she does the right thing and commit to Dawn and gamecock nation.

Hey, we are known for our idiocy at Baylor....it's what we do.

And her skill-set is not even close to that of Parker, who can play positions 1 - 5. There is not other player who has the skill-set that Parker has, love her or hate her, she has the best all-around game of any player I've ever seen.

Reaction Score
  1. Raoul‏ @Raoul_000 2h2 hours ago
    WBB: Appears that NaLyssa Smith, 6-4 F, East Central HS (San Antonio, TX), is officially visiting Ohio State this wkd.; top-10 ranked 2018

2. Raoul‏ @Raoul_000 3h3 hours ago
    Raoul Retweeted Raoul

WBB: This change now confirmed—final five for Aquira DeCosta (top-5 ranked in 2018): Baylor Louisville South Carolina Southern Cal Tennessee

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Hey, we are known for our idiocy at Baylor....it's what we do.

And her skill-set is not even close to that of Parker, who can play positions 1 - 5. There is not other player who has the skill-set that Parker has, love her or hate her, she has the best all-around game of any player I've ever seen.

If you don't see similarities to Parker in this video then idk what your seeing. The kid shot 60% from behind the arc this summer, what centers do you know shoots the ball that well in HS, College, or WNBA?? She grabs defensive rebounds and pushes the ball up the court for a layup on the other end like you saw in the video. What 6'4" players do you know has the skill set to do that other then Candace Parker or Breanna Stewart?? She is certainly not a center but a true athletic stretch 4.

Reaction Score
A question. If Nelson-Ododa is fully healthy is she the #1 player in this class?

I like Collier, maybe not the Defensive player that ONO is, but Collier has a very impressive skill set for a young player her size

Reaction Score
I give DeCosta a 40% chance of choosing USC.

Her best friend will be a freshman at Louisville so I think she’ll end up there, DeCosta will also have a good chance to start at four for Louisville from day one.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
NaLyssa Smith is visiting Ohio State this weekend and I'm genuinely concerned. Knowing Kevin McGuff he's offering her the entire world on top of an immediate starting role (which is possible considering they'll probably return 4 players in 2018)..

Would be pretty disappointing to see such a talent get wasted by McGuff......

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I like Collier, maybe not the Defensive player that ONO is, but Collier has a very impressive skill set for a young player her size
Before the injury what separated ONO and propelled her to #1 in the class is her mobility. She is also a very quick and explosive leaper.

Reaction Score
NaLyssa Smith is visiting Ohio State this weekend and I'm genuinely concerned. Knowing Kevin McGuff he's offering her the entire world on top of an immediate starting role (which is possible considering they'll probably return 4 players in 2018)..

Would be pretty disappointing to see such a talent get wasted by McGuff.

I agree hopefully she sees the light and realize that Ohio St would get her no where. They might not have enough players to field a team next year why would she waste her time going there? I would actually rather see her at Baylor or Louisville then Ohio St.

Reaction Score

Is her dad a coach?

Reaction Score

For purely selfish reasons I would love for her to matriculate at Ohio State...........I'm sure she will succeed
despite the mediocre coaching......she just won't be as much of a threat to UConn under KM's tutelage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom