Non-UConn Recruiting Information | Page 17 | The Boneyard

Non-UConn Recruiting Information

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Patterson is not going to beat out Brooke McCarthy or Sutton to start.
Rellah is not going to beat out Holmes once she comes off suspension.
Grissett will have to beat out Jennings and Cliney for playing time.
Westbrook will likely start but I would say she is TN best player.
@A&M Carter will get handed the ball on day one and she will be A&M best player. I don't see anyone else in ESPN top 30 that I would say that about. Carter will get all the shots she wants which is right up her alley. It will be Kelsey Mitchell part 2-minus the father as assistant coach.

I'm sure playing time won't be a problem for Grissett. She might not start early in the season but she could be a starter by mid season. Having her at the 3/4 spot will be a big advantage for her being considered a "point forward".

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Holmes will be interesting. I will be tuned in to see how Karen Aston handles the situation. Does she bring her back slowly?? What if starters have great chemistry??? It will be interesting.

I don't think Carter will be like Mitchell. I think Gary Blair is a better coach and will be able to handle how she runs the team. She will likely be starting PG.

I'm interested to see which freshman breaks out!!

CBus13

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
We all know Larry Bird loved to talk trash so I'm going to say Rella Boothe (Texas.) Listen to our very own Megan Walker at 1:06 of the video.

"I'd rate myself a 94, just because you can always improve."
Has she never played NBA2k?! a 94 is the same grade as Steph Curry in 2017. Only Lebron (96) has higher.

Now imagine what Rellah's answer was. :rolleyes:;)

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
  1. Raoul‏ @Raoul_000 54m54 minutes ago
    Maryland's 3 2018 commits are all in current espnW top 60 (likely soon to be revised/expanded); top 2018 class in Big Ten WBB at the moment.

Raoul‏ @Raoul_000 1h1 hour ago
  2. WBB: Olivia Owens, 6-3 C, Niskayuna HS (NY), commits to Maryland; espnW #58 2018 commit #3 for Terps—joining Shakira Austin, Taylor Mikesell

Hmmm. While 6'5" Austin calls herself a forward, virtually everything I've read and/or seen indicates she's most comfortable in the paint and Owens -- who is "developing" her offensive -- game seems to like the lane, too. Is there enough room in that lane for two?

In this day and age of high expectations for playing time and/or the ball, I wonder how this will play out for both bigs.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Hmmm. While 6'5" Austin calls herself a forward, virtually everything I've read and/or seen indicates she's most comfortable in the paint and Owens -- who is "developing" her offensive -- game seems to like the lane, too. Is there enough room in that lane for two?
In this day and age of high expectations for playing time and/or the ball, I wonder how this will play out for both bigs.
Exactly what I was thinking. Good news bad news in this, ONO will probably eliminate MD from her list now. The bad news in that is I was close enough to see her play live if she picked MD.

Reaction Score
  • WBB: Another update on the 2018 finalists chart • Queen Egbo announced her final 4: Baylor, FSU, Mississippi State, Texas • added Ajah Wayne

DGQKlvBUwAAMWfQ.jpg

Reaction Score
Came across this video clip on Mikayla Coombs twitter page......Que Morrison a Georgia signee has a little bit of MoJeff in her.....fun to watch

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Nalyssa Smith announces on Twitter that she's moved her announcement date from late August to September 1st. The tweet is accompanied by a siren so it must be pretty important. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Nalyssa Smith announces on Twitter that she's moved her announcement date from late August to September 1st. The tweet is accompanied by a siren so it must be pretty important. :rolleyes:[/QUOTE

She's waiting for the long term winter weather forecast before she decides how far north she can play...........;)

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Michelle Sidor, if you may recall, burst onto the NJ High School Hoops scene as a frosh when she led the state in scoring. She didn't drop off much in her sophomore year. Interesting that Michigan has offered her....the similarities to she and Katelynn Flaherty are obvious, not that I think about it: non-stop motor, ability to shoot mid- and long-range jumpers. One difference is that Sidor goes to the hoop more.

Raoul‏ @Raoul_000 7h7 hours ago

Latest WBB offers include the 1st for Teegan Pifher. Also, Ohio State offers Michelle Sidor, who also holds offers from Michigan & Florida.

Reaction Score
Michelle Sidor, if you may recall, burst onto the NJ High School Hoops scene as a frosh when she led the state in scoring. She didn't drop off much in her sophomore year. Interesting that Michigan has offered her....the similarities to she and Katelynn Flaherty are obvious, not that I think about it: non-stop motor, ability to shoot mid- and long-range jumpers. One difference is that Sidor goes to the hoop more.

Raoul‏ @Raoul_000 7h7 hours ago

Latest WBB offers include the 1st for Teegan Pifher. Also, Ohio State offers Michelle Sidor, who also holds offers from Michigan & Florida.

nice to see one of "our" kids reach the big time...............my original post about her having UConn in her future never became a reality but she certainly has turned out to be a special player.............

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Ashley Owusu commits to Maryland.

Say what you will about Freese, she can certainly recruit.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Ashley Owusu commits to Maryland.
Say what you will about Freese, she can certainly recruit.
Owusu will be 4th consecutive top PG for MD.
2016- Destiny Slocum #7
2017-Channise Lewis #55
2018-Taylor Mikesell #20
2019- Ashley Owusu #10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads