Non-UConn Recruiting Information | Page 16 | The Boneyard

Non-UConn Recruiting Information

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Anyone know how good the younger Mabry is?? Is Notre Dame going to offer her?? Haven't heard that much about her really.

BTW, for some reason I was on Michaela Mabrey's site and saw this link to Dara's prepstarhoops page posted. It's got a ton of tape, links, etc. so feel free to take a look see. Heck, Geno's quote on "body language" even makes it into her interview (second screen down, I believe). As Charlie and I brought up yesterday, she's fast.

Dara Mabrey

Reaction Score
BTW, for some reason I was on Michaela Mabrey's site and saw this link to Dara's prepstarhoops page posted. It's got a ton of tape, links, etc. so feel free to take a look see. Heck, Geno's quote on "body language" even makes it into her interview (second screen down, I believe). As Charlie and I brought up yesterday, she's fast.

Dara Mabrey
she's also has a tremendous basketball IQ..........coaches have said she's the smartest player they've been around in years..........

Reaction Score
Nice commitment for Coach Jen at GW. Miss Hyduke came on strong for Rumson-Fair Haven last year and had some classic duels with Dara Mabrey and the Manasquan Warriors. Tough, smart kid...the coach might think she's looking at a picture from long ago...;)

BTW...... Hyduke turned down two power 5 offers in choosing GW

Dillon77

Reaction Score

Thanks much for sending. Like the pull-up jumper and the strong drive with the running one-hander. Reminds me of Kayla McBride. Goes right whenever possible which may be because she can get away with it, but would like to see some more moves to the left.
BTW, #5 on her team is 2019 Anaya Peoples...very excited about seeing these two together.

Here's a highlight video on Ms. Peoples from the earlier evaluation period:

Class of 2019 Notre Dame Commit Anaya Peoples Mixtape @ Indy EYBL With Midwest Elite!

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Another point guard rejects UConn or was it the other way around?
I suspect it was the other way around.

I wasn't aware that UConn had offered Honest Scott Grayson.....
There was a Jim Fuller article a while back mentioning UCONN "interest" in Honesty and some other players but nothing regarding an offer.

Dillon77

Reaction Score

Thx. for posting. Will be interesting to see where she ends up. Remember Geno showing some initial, early interest and Muffet made a trip there around the same time she was also checking out Danielle Cosgrove on Long Island. Danielle got the offer and committed. Have not heard much of anything on the "OO" front. Guess we'll see tomorrow.

Hope

flowers die
Reaction Score
Which non UConn recruit do you think will have the best freshman year? In this 2017 class.
We all know Larry Bird loved to talk trash so I'm going to say Rella Boothe (Texas.) Listen to our very own Megan Walker at 1:06 of the video.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
We all know Larry Bird loved to talk trash so I'm going to say Rella Boothe (Texas.) Listen to our very own Megan Walker at 1:06 of the video.

I think Patterson of Texas.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Well Yea! Were you sleeping in this weekend. Miss Carter was putting in Work .
I think she will be real good. Has a good coach in Blair. I just thought of Patterson when I saw Texas.
I could have said a few others. I could also say Westbrook.

Reaction Score

Because I'm biased I will say LeLe Grissett. Her versatility and athletic ability will be a force to to be reckoned with. But I can't go wrong with Chennedy Carter either.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Because I'm biased I will say LeLe Grissett. Her versatility and athletic ability will be a force to to be reckoned with. But I can't go wrong with Chennedy Carter either.
I think Patterson will be real good. Yes so will Carter. I think overall this freshman class could be pretty good.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Patterson is not going to beat out Brooke McCarthy or Sutton to start.
Rellah is not going to beat out Holmes once she comes off suspension.
Grissett will have to beat out Jennings and Cliney for playing time.
Westbrook will likely start but I would say she is TN best player.
@A&M Carter will get handed the ball on day one and she will be A&M best player. I don't see anyone else in ESPN top 30 that I would say that about. Carter will get all the shots she wants which is right up her alley. It will be Kelsey Mitchell part 2-minus the father as assistant coach.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Anastasia Hayes high school coach said this.

"She has the quickest first step of any player I've ever coached, and I have more than 20 players in the pros right now," he said. "She's a little undersized, but she makes up for it with quickness and leaping."

Insell recalls a game from the Nike Nationals semifinal this summer when he watched Hayes score 27 points against a team led by Megan Walker, a 6-1 wing at Chesterfield (Monacan, Virginia) and the No. 1 prospect in the 2017 class.

"Anastasia can score 25 points off her defense alone," Insell said. "We don't even run many plays for her until late in the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom