Non-UConn Recruiting Information | Page 14 | The Boneyard

Non-UConn Recruiting Information

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Arieal Scott has apparently changed her mind on going to Duke. PN's #38 for 2018.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score

McGraw's Bench keeping many eyes on this one. Hoping this was a "keystroke" error on Hoopgurlz (she's still listed as an Irish commit at Prospects Nation), but I'm kind of getting to the point of trying not to get too high or too low at this juncture.

No immediate gratification because Ms. Brown apparently is not a twitter user....we'll see soon enough. Hope for the best, prepare of the rest.... :rolleyes: ;)

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
McGraw's Bench keeping many eyes on this one. Hoping this was a "keystroke" error on Hoopgurlz (she's still listed as an Irish commit at Prospects Nation), but I'm kind of getting to the point of trying not to get too high or too low at this juncture.

No immediate gratification because Ms. Brown apparently is not a twitter user....we'll see soon enough. Hope for the best, prepare of the rest.... :rolleyes: ;)

Sorry to say, Keil Moore says it's official:

Reaction Score
I would say she could live with Gilbert as point guard competition but Peoples coming in 2019 was the game changer.......... Brown must feel she was unlikely to be a full time starter at that position.............I don't think she'll have difficulty finding another good opportunity.......

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Raoul‏ @Raoul_000 6h6 hours ago
Raoul Retweeted Raoul

Jordan Horston adds an offer from Kentucky today.

.. At this point I'm pretty convinced that Matthew Mitchell is going around and seeing who SC has offered and offering them as well...

This is like the 5th SC recruit in the past two days to be offered by Dawn and immediately offered by Kentucky..

Dillon77

Reaction Score
.. At this point I'm pretty convinced that Matthew Mitchell is going around and seeing who SC has offered and offering them as well...

This is like the 5th SC recruit in the past two days to be offered by Dawn and immediately offered by Kentucky..

Raoul apparently has noted the same development (note third bullet point) and has joined many Boneyard contributors in his observations on Coach J and the Cardinals. So now there are rampant "red" and "blue" early offers all over the country.

Raoul‏ @Raoul_000 7h7 hours ago
WBB offers reported today
• Shamani Stafford nets D-I offer #1
• Minnesota continues MI invasion
• Kentucky is apparently the new Louisville

Dillon77

Reaction Score
I would say she could live with Gilbert as point guard competition but Peoples coming in 2019 was the game changer..... Brown must feel she was unlikely to be a full time starter at that position...I don't think she'll have difficulty finding another good opportunity..

I'm certain Ms. Brown will have no trouble finding another excellent landing spot, given her overall academic and athletic prowess. Based on clips I've recently seen, she's bounced back very well from the injury that kept her out of the HS season. Very smooth with a flair for finding seams in the lane, both for her own drives and passes.

The Midwest Elite combo of Gilbert ('18)/Peoples ('19) could very well have been a commitment changer. Those two teammates work interchangeably and while Peoples is the listed "lead" guard, many of the recent clips I saw found them reversing roles. For those my age, this is not a surprising occurence.

Still, it leaves the Irish without a listed PG in the 2018-19 season, until Ms. Peoples walks on campus in 2019. If the specter of Peoples had anything to do with Ms. Brown rethinking of commitment, will that hold for other preeminent PGs in the 2018 class (Scott-Grayson, Jordan Nixon -- both one-time HS teammates of Irish 2017 students Mikayla Vaughn and Danielle Patterson respectively). Or is there a pg who will accept the challenge and stick at ND for -- you know -- that school attraction?

I've thought/flaunted the idea that the Irish could get by for one year at the point with an incoming and current guard who can handle the break and Princeton offense. Some combo of Mabrey (family was drilled on Princeton offense since birth) and Gilbert (or one can wish, Christyn Williams). Then, it's the Peoples show.

In any case, it will make the location of Muffet and Niele very worth watching in the 2nd July evaluation period, as well as who visits South Bend in early fall.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Hope she picks UVA or GA Tech and drops 50 on the Irish :cool:

bruh-why-you-hatin-thumb.jpg

Dillon77

Reaction Score
Tennessee throwing everything at the wall. We call them the Orange Louisville.

Orange Cardinals? :rolleyes:
In either case, they -- along with Kentucky -- are taking up the "early bird" approach.

Reaction Score
Raoul‏ @Raoul_000 19m19 minutes ago
WBB: Joanne Allen-Taylor, 5-8 SG, Cypress Falls HS (Houston, TX), has announced her commitment to Texas; 3rd 2018 commit for the Longhorns.

Joanne Allen-Taylor "displayed explosion off the dribble with a nice ability to rise on her midrange pull-up. Allen-Taylor is a terrific ball handler whose combination of shooting and explosion will make her a very tough cover in the college game"

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Texas lining itself up to be major contenders along with Baylor and Notre Dame. Possibly South Carolina too though I want to see what they do in their next class.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom