Non-UConn Recruiting Information | Page 13 | The Boneyard

Non-UConn Recruiting Information

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Florida State's run continues as they get a verbal from ESPN's #27 & Prospect Nation's #41 in 2018 Morgan Jones.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
from the cheap seats down here in the Big 12 . . . (too many words to write as a guest so just ignore if you're inclined)

concerning Geno (and every other D1 coach in the nation wanting the "Paris Twins") history proved that what every coach REALLY wanted was Courtney Paris (who made a living off the offensive foul of "charging" but did it moving backward toward the goal with her butt. We watched it for 4 years in the Big 12. Couldn't jump. Wouldn't jump. Never needed to jump. Her girth meant that anyone jumping above had to reach over her and at 6'4 (?) there just weren't many who could get high enough to pick a rebound without making body contact with Courney's shoulders or arms. No matter how perfectly our or any other team's post would have complete and total defensive position BEHIND C Paris 15 feet out, Paris would simply start backing up with her dribble with her backside headed toward the rim and the stripes NEVER considered that a "charge". There was not a player in the nation who could lean back against her and stop the mass/bulk of her backward dribble until she got underneath. And to this day I am convinced there are BIGS who get by with "charging with their butts".

As for the twin sister, she was never a D1 ability player, but any coach who wanted Courtney had to be willing to give sis a full ride as well--Papa and Mama Paris' rules (and sadly, the only way the twin sis was EVER going to get a schollie at ANY level other than some small mid-major, was to be a packaged recruit with Courtney. Good kids, but it was sad to watch the twin (Ashley) even TRY to function on a D1 level. She was not quite as large as Courtney, but close, but had absolutely NO D1 skills--and might not have been capable of even small mid-majors.

You guys played them. but you probably didn't see much of the twin (Ashley). Unfortunately for Coale, even with a four year All American in Courtney, they couldn't get a title. (Not that we down here in Waco were grieving too much). But I personally am a fan of S. Coale, and somehow I wish she could hang a banner some day. OU's roster now is pretty absent of anything except slow, short, 3 point guards, though, so their recruiting is getting farther and father away from being a to 10 program. Their 7' post is just now growing into her body height after two years and will never be a factor except for a few minutes of rebounding minutes. Her 7' frame is carrying all the weight it can and still she is awkwardly not a player (coincidentally with last name of "Mulkey"---no relation).

In a month I hope I'm helping you guys know where to find south Dallas bbq if you're interested. African American community has several "joints" (take-out only) that we crazy Texans will stand in line 2 hours just to get a carry out.
Back in the day there was talk by some not to be mentioned coaches that they were hoping for Jayne Appel, Tina Charles and Kia Vaughn all at UConn. That wouldve been an awesome front line.

Reaction Score
  1. That would be 595 days since Ohio State's last commitment in WBB

2. Raoul‏ @Raoul_000 2h2 hours ago
    Ohio State WBB hasn't had a commitment since November 2015 (Jensen Caretti)—19 months ago; they have double-digit open scholarships for 2018
    aoul‏ @Raoul_000 2h2 hours ago
  3. Heading into July, Ohio State & Rutgers are the only Big Ten WBB teams without any 2018 commitments; ILL, Minn & Northwestern have 1 each.

Reaction Score

Ohio State WBB hasn't had a commitment since November 2015 (Jensen Caretti)—19 months ago; they have double-digit open scholarships for 2018
  3. Heading into July, Ohio State & Rutgers are the only Big Ten WBB teams without any 2018 commitments; ILL, Minn & Northwestern have 1 each.

That's a well run operation out there. Sounds like a coach of the year candidate they've got.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score

Ohio State is in the running for both NaLyssa Smith and Olivia Nelson-Ododa... if they both go there I'll lose my mind.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Raoul‏ @Raoul_000 13h13 hours ago
WBB: Zoe Young, 5-9 G, W.D.M. Valley HS (IA-2019) — fall decision likely; Iowa, Iowa State, Louisville, MSU, others http://www.scout.com/college/louisville/story/1789605-louisville-a-top-school-for-pg-zoe-young …

WBB: Audrey Warren, 5-10 W, Boswell HS (TX-2018) — offers reportedly include Texas, Florida, TCU, and Ohio State http://sleeperrecruitmedia.com/2017/07/06/cy-fairs-warren-shines-versatility/ …

WBB: Jayla Everett—5-10 G, Kirkwood HS (MO-2018)—being recruited by Ohio State, Ole Miss, Houston, TX Tech, Florida http://sleeperrecruitmedia.com/2017/07/06/missouri-phenoms-everett-impressing-colleges-shooting-ability/ …

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score

This is interesting. I've watched this young woman grow up, both on the hardwood and soccer fields. Quite candidly, didn't expect a P5 signing, but there must've been a match. Excellent athlete with exceptional speed and endurance.

Reaction Score
I sure hope she picks California.............she is going to be one of the best offensive players in WCBB.........

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
I sure hope she picks California...she is going to be one of the best offensive players in WCBB....

Of course you hope she picks California... she'll "disappear" on the West Coast thereby decreasing the likelihood of UConn having to play her :p..

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Of course you hope she picks California... she'll "disappear" on the West Coast thereby decreasing the likelihood of UConn having to play her :p..
To paraphrase that great American Philosopher Biggie Smalls: UCONN is "going, going, back, back to Cali, Cali".
If Cal & DeCosta wants some of UCONN that's nothing but a detour up North. Stanford is still in witness protection so some other California team can step and take a beat down .
Is South Carolina making that trip out West?

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
To paraphrase that great American Philosopher Biggie Smalls: UConn is "going, going, back, back to Cali, Cali".
If Cal & DeCosta wants some of UConn that's nothing but a detour up North. Stanford is still in witness protection so some other California team can step and take a beat down .

Not this year I don't think so. I think our series with UCLA is wrapped up. We've had series with Stanford, UCLA and USC so I'm interested in seeing if we'll get one started with another Pac12 school this year or in the future..

With a young team this season I expect our OOC schedule to be much more toned down.. I know for sure we'll have Ohio State, Connecticut, Duke at home.. Clemson and Maryland on the road.

Reaction Score
To paraphrase that great American Philosopher Biggie Smalls: UConn is "going, going, back, back to Cali, Cali".
If Cal & DeCosta wants some of UConn that's nothing but a detour up North. Stanford is still in witness protection so some other California team can step and take a beat down .

Darn right...............have you seen her play? I see no need for her to leave that wacky, wonderful state..........

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
I sure hope she picks California...she is going to be one of the best offensive players in WCBB....

Odd. She was mostly known for her defense and kinetic energy all over the court. Never heard her described as an offensive force. That seems to be Nalyssa Smith's thing.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Odd. She was mostly known for her defense and kinetic energy all over the court. Never heard her described as an offensive force. That seems to be Nalyssa Smith's thing.

IMO, right now Smith is the more polished offensive player.. she's 6'4 and uber athletic, drives to the basket like a guard.. has range beyond the arc. The next step for Smith is cleaning up her post game.. she's not particularly sharp there. Smith is listed as a power forward but her game very much resembles that of a 3/4 wing.. DeCosta is just beginning to show glimpses of how good she can be offensively... she's relentless attacking the basket and has a nice handle at 6'2/6'3, she can post you up and beat you off the dribble.. girls her size shouldn't move with the ball the way she moves. The next step for DeCosta is extending her game to the arc consistently.. she has shown she can hit from deep more recently though.

Reaction Score

Her play in the open court is outstanding.........she's practically impossible to stop on the drive...........if she improves her outside shooting she will be the complete package.............not comparing her to Smith who should be a special player too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom