Non-UConn Recruiting Information | Page 12 | The Boneyard

Non-UConn Recruiting Information

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Thanks for sharing this. I recall seeing a tiny media mention of 6 athletes living with the boy's coach, then silence. Athletic Dept. was run like a criminal syndicate! Much more background info from this embedded story which, in turn, leads to more. Seems to me that district needs a general housecleaning among its administrators.

Paterson Eastside High School basketball scandal

Starting with Emmanuel Capers. :mad:

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
The silver lining for UConn is that it makes it less likely that Bueckers will go to South Bend
Agree, Sydney Parrish from IN also.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
The silver lining for UConn is that it makes it less likely that Bueckers will go to South Bend

Probably so.

That's a long way to think in advance. I know Bueckers just did well with USAB. Other than the names of who was on that team, I don't know anything about the 2020s yet. Peoples is really the only 2019 I know about.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Agree, Sydney Parrish from IN also.

Hoopgurlz says Parrish is an off guard (and the fact that's she's significantly taller than 5'11 Jackie Young makes me think she is certainly no PG). I'm not sure why the commitment of a 2019 PG would push away at 2020 off-guard.

Incidentally, I just ran across this today (presumably from the camp that ND held last weekend):

Last edited:

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Hoopgurlz says Parrish is an off guard (and the fact that's she's significantly taller than 5'11 Jackie Young makes me think she is certainly no PG).

Parrish is definitely a shooting guard. Her and Maddie Burke probably the two best in the class but Burke, I think, is more physical and possibly more versatile.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Because...

Those quotes are unrelated. I asked why Peoples' commitment would push away Parrish. What does Gilbert's position have to do with that?

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Off the top of my head, this is where the Irish stand in the backcourt for the next few years.

2018-19 year
- Lose: Lili Thompson (PG), Mychal Johnson (off guard)
- Keep: Marina Mabrey (guard/wing), Arike Ogunbowale (guard), Jackie Young (guard/wing)
- Gain: Jenna Brown (PG), Katlyn Gilbert (primarily off guard, but can handle ball), Abby Prohaska (guard/wing), possible guard (probably off guard)

2019-2020 year
- Lose: Marina Mabrey, Arike Ogunbowale :(:eek:
- Keep: Jackie Young (guard/wing), Jenna Brown (PG), Katlyn Gilbert (off guard), Abby Prohaska (guard wing)
- Gain: Anaya Peoples (PG)

If Coach McGraw and Coach Ivey get another off guard in 2018, the search for a guard for 2019 might not be critical beyond, let's say, a key guard/wing.
If they don't sign one in '18, could go after two here (in my humble opinion). Personally, I'd love to see the Irish go after Sammie Puisis in 2019.

And in 2020, I'm sure all chips are on the table....players like Parrish and Bueckers are simply too talented not to take a look at. And I'm sure other players are/will come into play.

CBus13

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
I've had a feeling based on her social media that Peoples was staying closer to home....interesting to read her exact thinking

Peoples chooses Notre Dame

"The Irish are coming off a 33-4 record and a close defeat to Stanford in the NCAA’s Elite Eight. They won the NCAA title in 2001 and has been to the title game five times — including four of the last five — and the Final Four seven times."

This was true....in 2015...someone needs to do some more research.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
"The Irish are coming off a 33-4 record and a close defeat to Stanford in the NCAA’s Elite Eight. They won the NCAA title in 2001 and has been to the title game five times — including four of the last five — and the Final Four seven times."

This was true....in 2015...someone needs to do some more research.

I know that the 2016 and 2017 tournaments didn't happen as far as I'm concerned. Good to see this newspaper agrees with me. :cool:

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
I've had a feeling based on her social media that Peoples was staying closer to home....interesting to read her exact thinking

Peoples chooses Notre Dame

Taking off my ND cap(s) and putting on my parent cap, this quote brought a smile to my face: " Also, the location is not too far from home but not too close either and that was a pretty big factor.” :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Taking off my ND cap(s) and putting on my parent cap, this quote brought a smile to my face: " Also, the location is not too far from home but not too close either and that was a pretty big factor.” :rolleyes:
sounds like 3-5 hours to me .............not sure of her geography..........

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
sounds like 3-5 hours to me ...not sure of her geography.....

Depends on your frame of reference, I guess. 3 hours seems like "not too far but not too close" to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom