Non-UConn Recruiting Information | Page 15 | The Boneyard

Non-UConn Recruiting Information

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
All four 2018 Texas recruits are in-state players, three of the four are only three star recruits while Prince is a five star player according to ESPN..........

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Raoul‏ @Raoul_000 19m19 minutes ago
WBB: Joanne Allen-Taylor, 5-8 SG, Cypress Falls HS (Houston, TX), has announced her commitment to Texas; 3rd 2018 commit for the Longhorns.

Joanne Allen-Taylor "displayed explosion off the dribble with a nice ability to rise on her midrange pull-up. Allen-Taylor is a terrific ball handler whose combination of shooting and explosion will make her a very tough cover in the college game"

Nice commit. We really wanted Allen-Taylor. She's underrated but will likely shoot up the rankings when the next update for 2018 is released..

Her final 5 consisted of Texas, Baylor, ND, SC and Mississippi State..

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Texas lining itself up to be major contenders along with Baylor and Notre Dame. Possibly South Carolina too though I want to see what they do in their next class.
Now if Coach Karen Ashton can learn how to coach in a game, they could do well. As it currently stands, I will take the opposing team in any close game. I also think their offense tends to disappear and put far to much reliance on Brooke McCarty.

Reaction Score
Bridgette Gordon has been recruited by the Lady Vols as an assistan coach.
Info and spelling per Vol Nation.

Reaction Score
Bridgette Gordon has been recruited by the Lady Vols as an assistan coach.
Info and spelling per Vol Nation.
Nepotism rides again at Tennessee. I don't see how she addresses their issues.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score

Was also considering Kansas, Kansas State, University of Houston, and Oklahoma.

Not a recruiting comment per se, hasn't the "shine" of Nikki Caldwell Fargas' career lost its luster from her hot start at UCLA vs. her lack of any real success at LSU? She's paid pretty well there and when we played them last year, she seemed woefully short of talent though the team played hard, did well executing but were undersized, slower and way behind in depth. I wonder if hires like this where the school pays significantly higher salaries than most hurts the sport in the long run as WCBB is not a money maker. A school could say why pay up when success is not guaranteed and how do I get a return on that investment?
Anyway, hopefully she gets a few more top recruits to see her back up in the coaching echelon and would be viewed as on the short list to replace HW when that inevitable rip cord gets pulled.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Not a recruiting comment per se, hasn't the "shine" of Nikki Caldwell Fargas' career lost its luster from her hot start at UCLA vs. her lack of any real success at LSU?
No because there was no shine to begin with. She never made it pass the second round of NCAA tournament at UCLA. When I say I love me some Nikki, I am not talking about her coaching and neither is anyone else.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Darn...... I was hoping she would end up in the ACC :oops:

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Nice commitment for Coach Jen at GW. Miss Hyduke came on strong for Rumson-Fair Haven last year and had some classic duels with Dara Mabrey and the Manasquan Warriors. Tough, smart kid...the coach might think she's looking at a picture from long ago...;)

Reaction Score
Nice commitment for Coach Jen at GW. Miss Hyduke came on strong for Rumson-Fair Haven last year and had some classic duels with Dara Mabrey and the Manasquan Warriors. Tough, smart kid...the coach might think she's looking at a picture from long ago...;)

I think Hyduke will thrive at this level, might have held out for a bigger program but she will play immediately at GW.............look for another NJ player announcement soon

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Anyone know how good the younger Mabry is?? Is Notre Dame going to offer her?? Haven't heard that much about her really.

Dillon77

Reaction Score
I think Hyduke will thrive at this level, might have held out for a bigger program but she will play immediately at GW...look for another NJ player announcement soon

Aw, you're teasing us now.....;):confused:

Reaction Score
Anyone know how good the younger Mabry is?? Is Notre Dame going to offer her?? Haven't heard that much about her really.

She's very good..........ultra competitive just like her older sisters.........only about 5'8" but by far the quickest and best ball handler of the sisters and her outside shooting is almost as good............don't know if she is getting a ND offer............they have a bunch of highly rated back court recruits coming in already

Dillon77

Reaction Score

She was good enough to be named NJ Player of the Year by both nj.com/Newark Star-Ledger, as well as the Gatorade committee as a junior. I saw her play a few times in person and thought she did best when she had to take over the point position when Manasquan's stellar PG, Stella Clarke, was out with illness. Why? She showed she could run the team, distribute and score. Which is precisely what Marina did when she led Manasquan to the NJ Tournament of Champions title.

She's not as tall as either of her sisters (she's probably 5'7"-5'8", as opposed to Marina's 5'10-11"), but she's quicker and overall faster, and is better with the ball on the break than her sisters. Fine in-your-face defender. Perhaps not as deadly an outside force as Michaela and not as strong to the hoop as Marina, but still awfully good at both. She can most assuredly play at the P5 level.

However, its' mum on the ND front. I've seen one report that says she isn't pursuing the ND option but that could be a smokescreen. In fact, I've seen no reports on any specific schools outside of wondering about ND and possible interest in the ACC. If that's true, I once could've seen U of Miami interested because Michaela was on the staff there. However, they've recruited a bunch of guards recently.

Back in late spring, Muffet McGraw had said she wanted to add two more players to a four person class in 2018: one more big and perhaps one other, probably a guard. The Irish are in the Christyn Williams derby, as most of you know. So most of McGraw's Bench thought that was it for Dara -- MM and Niele Ivey would play for Williams and if they get her, hurrah! If not, maybe see if there's a plan B out there. Or wait until 2019 and there are tons of great wings/guards coming along. If Dara chose to go elsewhere, who could blame her?

However, now with Anaya Peoples coming in 2019 and Jenna Brown out of that Irish 2018 foursome and now committed to Stanford, there's some wiggle room....maybe.

Still think the priority is Williams. However, a whole lot of Irish supporters at McGraws's Bench -- me being the lead guy -- don't think you should stray too from the family that keeps getting you there, so to speak. Would love to have Dara in South Bend. Maybe she and Katlyn Gilbert could take turns bringing the ball up for a year until Peoples arrives. (Think it would be very hard to find another 2018 PG and/or a grad transfer two years in a row.)
We'll see.....

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Thanks. BTW, how did the MRI on your daughter go?

Good news on that front.............no structural damage.............most likely tendonitis which she has had to deal with the last few years.........she has jumper's knee and runner's knee.........the joke on her team is that this doesn't make sense because she can't jump and she rarely runs..............thanks for asking

Dillon77

Reaction Score
Good news on that front...no structural damage...most likely tendonitis which she has had to deal with the last few years....she has jumper's knee and runner's knee....the joke on her team is that this doesn't make sense because she can't jump and she rarely runs....thanks for asking

Good to hear. My daughter had tedonitis and her teammates also joked because she played center defense in both lacrosse and soccer and that is very much a "stay close to home" position.

Best of luck on that front.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
She was good enough to be named NJ Player of the Year by both nj.com/Newark Star-Ledger, as well as the Gatorade committee as a junior. I saw her play a few times in person and thought she did best when she had to take over the point position when Manasquan's stellar PG, Stella Clarke, was out with illness. Why? She showed she could run the team, distribute and score. Which is precisely what Marina did when she led Manasquan to the NJ Tournament of Champions title.

She's not as tall as either of her sisters (she's probably 5'7"-5'8", as opposed to Marina's 5'10-11"), but she's quicker and overall faster, and is better with the ball on the break than her sisters. Fine in-your-face defender. Perhaps not as deadly an outside force as Michaela and not as strong to the hoop as Marina, but still awfully good at both. She can most assuredly play at the P5 level.

However, its' mum on the ND front. I've seen one report that says she isn't pursuing the ND option but that could be a smokescreen. In fact, I've seen no reports on any specific schools outside of wondering about ND and possible interest in the ACC. If that's true, I once could've seen U of Miami interested because Michaela was on the staff there. However, they've recruited a bunch of guards recently.

Back in late spring, Muffet McGraw had said she wanted to add two more players to a four person class in 2018: one more big and perhaps one other, probably a guard. The Irish are in the Christyn Williams derby, as most of you know. So most of McGraw's Bench thought that was it for Dara -- MM and Niele Ivey would play for Williams and if they get her, hurrah! If not, maybe see if there's a plan B out there. Or wait until 2019 and there are tons of great wings/guards coming along. If Dara chose to go elsewhere, who could blame her?

However, now with Anaya Peoples coming in 2019 and Jenna Brown out of that Irish 2018 foursome and now committed to Stanford, there's some wiggle room....maybe.

Still think the priority is Williams. However, a whole lot of Irish supporters at McGraws's Bench -- me being the lead guy -- don't think you should stray too from the family that keeps getting you there, so to speak. Would love to have Dara in South Bend. Maybe she and Katlyn Gilbert could take turns bringing the ball up for a year until Peoples arrives. (Think it would be very hard to find another 2018 PG and/or a grad transfer two years in a row.)
We'll see.---.

Hopefully the youngest Mabrey will choose another ACC school...... and drop a 50 piece on ND for not offering a scholarship :cool::p:D;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom