Non-UConn Recruiting Information | Page 74 | The Boneyard

Non-UConn Recruiting Information

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Nice company you're keeping Charlie. Kim Barnes Arico (Michigan) and Mike Carey (West Virginia) have done good jobs of unearthing talent and/or taking those who are not rated quite that highly and helping them blossom. Besides Ms. Patrick, I could see SRD's Michelle Sidor flourishing at Michigan, given how Katelynn Flaherty did under Arico's (and Megan Duffy's [now HC at Miami of Ohio]) tutelage.

she's a work in progress but one of the top players in NJ..........she can play inside or out and is an excellent passer and rebounder............not many 6'1" kids can do it all so effortlessly............a click below UConn, ND level but should have a solid DI career............

Reaction Score
I live about 3 miles from Plano - amazing amount of talent in DFW area, both men and women.

That's for sure........I just wish some of them would like to go to school in New England for a change..............

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
That tweet is sad on a couple levels. Mostly because she lost her father. But it sounds like she chose Tennessee to play for Pat Summit's ghost. Don't see Warlick mentioned.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
That tweet is sad on a couple levels. Mostly because she lost her father. But it sounds like she chose Tennessee to play for Pat Summit's ghost. Don't see Warlick mentioned.

Noticed the same thing.

Reaction Score
Tennessee has Amira Collins, another higher ranked post coming in 2018......Saunders is rated #100 by PN, not rated in top 60 by Hoopgurlz although the ratings don't always tell the story

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
I think it's important to follow. The last two classes with another good class.

Reaction Score
Why would you go to Tennessee? If I'm a kid with marginal skill, meaning a future in something other than basketball like 99% of WCBB recruits, why wouldn't you leverage that into getting a free ride to the best academic school you possibly can? Sure if you can go somewhere with a top program/coach, but that's not Holly Warlick or Tennessee anymore. Heck you'd be better off at Quinnipiac at this point.

Reaction Score
Why would you go to Tennessee? If I'm a kid with marginal skill, meaning a future in something other than basketball like 99% of WCBB recruits, why wouldn't you leverage that into getting a free ride to the best academic school you possibly can? Sure if you can go somewhere with a top program/coach, but that's not Holly Warlick or Tennessee anymore. Heck you'd be better off at Quinnipiac at this point.

I think if you're from the South, Tennessee still has a lot of prestige........I'm less clear about why west coast players would want to go there.......

Reaction Score
My daughter texted me about this a few hours ago......I think Dillon and I discussed that she might choose Michigan a while back

Reaction Score
Just a note of clarification: Emily Saunders did not lose her father; she recently lost her much-loved grandfather who introduced her to the Lady Vols during the Candace Parker era. Her “Papaw” was a Lady Vol fan and they watched the games together. She commented in her announcement that she wished he had lived to see her become a Lady Vol. one of the pictures above shows Papaw hugging Emily. Emily’s father, on the other hand, is very much alive. In fact, he is a 6’6” career Marine Gunnery Sergeant.

Last edited:

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Michelle Sidor Commits to University of Michigan

Sidor, ranked #21, in Prospects Nation for 2019 is a 5'8" combo guard (although she handles the ball quite a bit), who plays for Saddle River Day in northern New Jersey. She led NJ in scoring as a frosh and has -- with the help of some key transfers -- brought her team to the semifinals of the Tournament of Champions.

This commitment makes all the sense in the world to me (and, probably, Charlie) because the player she reminds me most of is Katelynn Flaherty, the graduating Michigan senior who is also from New Jersey.
Good signing by Kim Barnes Arico.

Michigan basketball: Michelle Sidor of Saddle River Day commits to the Wolverines

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Jaida Patrick 5-11 W, NJ, to Duke.

#25 Prospects Nation
Not in ESPN top 60
Not in BlueStar top 100

It’s early, but Duke doesn’t seem to be landing the top 50 talent like they used to do.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
According to Keil Moore of Prospect's Nation (in his article on Sam Brunelle), he noted that "...the Irish have hosted four-star forward Fran Belibi of Colorado on an official visit." Considering that official visits just started the Thursday after the NCAA title game, that must be a recent trip to South Bend.

Besides Notre Dame, Belibi's finalist list includes Stanford, Harvard and Princeton. She is ranked 28th on Hoopgurlz and 41st by PN. She played on the U.S. Team in Argentina. She, of course, is known for dunking in a high school game for her St. Regis (Colo) HS team, which Canadian Laeticia Amihere also did.

Reaction Score
It’s early, but Duke doesn’t seem to be landing the top 50 talent like they used to do.

don't be fooled by the ratings............some of our NJ girls get little respect..............I know this young lady well and she can really play..............needs to work on her three point shooting but is very athletic can handle the ball and is an excellent offensive rebounder..........she should do well at Duke

Reaction Score
Nice smooth perimeter game. Strong athletic forward that can step out and shoot the three. Good Pickup

was this a surprise to you guys or were you aware of her already? I know nothing about her..........

Reaction Score
was this a surprise to you guys or were you aware of her already? I know nothing about her.....

It's a surprise being she was already committed to Western Kentucky. But she doesn't lack for talent. Really underrated in terms of her ability to shoot the 3 as well as post up and finish at the rim. Michelle Clark-Heard was an excellent talent evaluator at wku prior to leaving for Cincy and many scouts believe that she found a gem in Wesolek. She isn't in the top 100 but she reminds me a lot of Alexis Peterson and Ariel Powers under the radar game and could excel on the next level.

Reaction Score
Jayla Hemingway, #13 in 2019 per PN, out of Colliersville, TN has committed to Mississippi State over Arkansas, Kentucky, and Tennessee. Tennessee was actually the only one of those 4 she didn't visit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom