Non-UConn Recruiting Information | Page 76 | The Boneyard

Non-UConn Recruiting Information

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Apparently ND has interest in Kierstan Bell? I wonder if she would be a fit for them with People committed already.

Bell reminds me of Alyssa Thomas. Not sure who Peoples compares to but I was thinking she was more of a guard.

Reaction Score
With ND bringing in a combo guard and a point guard, and also looking at two of the top 4 point guards in the 2020 class, I thought the 5’10 Peoples could be asked to play off guard, that’s why I wasn’t sure if they would be looking at Bell. I sorta like the comparison to Thomas for Bell, but I think she could play guard in college.

Reaction Score
With ND bringing in a combo guard and a point guard, and also looking at two of the top 4 point guards in the 2020 class, I thought the 5’10 Peoples could be asked to play off guard, that’s why I wasn’t sure if they would be looking at Bell. I sorta like the comparison to Thomas for Bell, but I think she could play guard in college.

If you listen to the ND fans they're in contention for every highly ranked Hoopgurlz recruit regardless of position or need.........apparently that one NC is going to have a magical effect on every recruit's internal basketball GPS

CBus13

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Wow. She is literally coast to coast. Still thinks she stays instate at tOSU.
I know that tOSU is in the backyard of Horston and 2 and a half hours from Bell and have probably visited the school enough, but it's curious that neither of them have officials set up with them. It's not a good look for McGuff.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I know that tOSU is in the backyard of Horston and 2 and a half hours from Bell and have probably visited the school enough, but it's curious that neither of them have officials set up with them. It's not a good look for McGuff.
Agreed. Said a while back if Kevin doesn't land one or more of the three Ohio Kids at top of 2019 list (Cooke, Bell or Horston) then he'll probably move on.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
If you listen to the ND fans they're in contention for every highly ranked Hoopgurlz recruit regardless of position or need....apparently that one NC is going to have a magical effect on every recruit's internal basketball GPS

Oh, puhleeze (reverting back to my Long Island background)...you, of all people, should know better on that. :rolleyes: Given the scorecard and discourse that everyone contributes to, Benchers have a very good idea of what need MM has and what position is being addressed in what year. Now, do we think we have a chance at each of those? Of course ;)

Reaction Score
Bell looks like she would be a good fit at Rutgers, I think she will land there.

CBus13

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Agreed. Said a while back if Kevin doesn't land one or more of the three Ohio Kids at top of 2019 list (Cooke, Bell or Horston) then he'll probably move on.

Can I root for those players to go to OSU AND him moving on to a different school? I know a few players in younger classes who have OSU in their top three that I'd love to see stay local but I wouldn't want their development to be hindered.

Reaction Score

Not sure how recent that article is but she is also set to visit both South Carolina and North Carolina per her step father. Saw her 77 South Elite Stars squad this past weekend and the kid never disappoints! Has the intangibles to be really special.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I got to see 2019 seventh ranked guard Aijha Blackwell play in one of the toughest tournaments in Missouri. She scored 38 points against Incarnate Word Academy in a semi final loss. Incarnate Word is the defending state champion and the former school of Napheesa Collier. Blackwell scored 30 plus points in the third place game. She is a junior and 19th ranked over all. She looked as good as Collier did when she was a junior except she has an outside shot and does not have as much talent around as Collier did. She is the real deal and is a smart young lady. We don't get many like her here in St. Louis. She plays for Whitfield High.
@donalddoowop sorry for being late to the Blackwell party but I had to go look up this post from a few months back. At the time I dismissed it because UCONN had its sights set on Correa, Horston, or Osborne. I not sure what changed lately but UCONN was evaluating a SG/W outside the top 100. Blackwell would work if UCONN is in the market for another guard. She defends like a demon, has a reliable outside shot and appears to be her team's primary ball handler.

Dillon77

Reaction Score

Good instincts. Peoples is on record as saying "she'll do anything and play anywhere" she's asked to. While she's listed as a PG, she does just about anything for her HS team and on her AAU team; she and incoming ND frosh and teammate Katyln Gilbert swap roles frequently.

Looking ahead to 2020, ND and some top guard prospects very much have mutual interest in each other (Clark, Bueckers), so you'll have a lot of prospects who currently play and/or are listed as PG assuming other and/or multiple roles.

As for Bell, she took an unofficial to ND, but all appears quiet on that front now.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Good instincts. Peoples is on record as saying "she'll do anything and play anywhere" she's asked to. While she's listed as a PG, she does just about anything for her HS team and on her AAU team, she and incoming ND frosh and teammate Katyln Gilbert swap roles frequently.

Looking ahead to 2020, ND and some top guard prospects very much have mutual interest in each other (Clark, Bueckers), so you'll have a lot of prospects who currently play and/or are listed as PG assuming other and/or multiple roles.

As for Bell, she took an unofficial to ND, but all appears quiet on that front now.

what happened to Campbell? Has she been pushed aside by the Beuckers love fest?

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Talented Texas post headed to the Northwest

That's a pretty big deal! I saw she was on an official visit this weekend but hadn't seen the commit yet. I was hoping that the post development of several players there in Corvallis would start to pay dividends w/ some closer to blue chip players coming into the program.

Dillon77

Reaction Score
That's a pretty big deal! I saw she was on an official visit this weekend but hadn't seen the commit yet. I was hoping that the post development of several players there in Corvallis would start to pay dividends w/ some closer to blue chip players coming into the program.

It's actually the second year running. Coach Scott Roueck has two very tall posts coming in this fall: 6-9" Andrea Aquino (Paraguay) and 6-7" Patricia Morris. Aquino, btw, is ranked the 21st overall prospect and 4th center, while Morris is more of a project: 38th rated center. So there will be a number of posts for Coach Roueck to develop, which he's done very well.

Reaction Score
It's actually the second year running. Coach Scott Roueck has two very tall posts coming in this fall: 6-9" Andrea Aquino (Paraguay) and 6-7" Patricia Morris. Aquino, btw, is ranked the 21st overall prospect and 4th center, while Morris is more of a project: 38th rated center. So there will be a number of posts for Coach Roueck to develop, which he's done very well.

surprising then that a third post would want to go there when clearly she had many schools to chose from..........somebody is going to be transferring in the next couple of years.........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom