Non UConn College WBB News | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Non UConn College WBB News

Status
Not open for further replies.

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
Yes it would; transfers would triple. I still don't like the fact that players have limits and coaches don't.

I've long wondered if changing it to a one-semester "sit out" would bridge the gap between "utter bedlam" and the unfairness of "the fact that players have limits and coaches don't".
It would be an artificial solution, really not based on anything tangible, but might save face for each point of view.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Evina the top point guard in this years class. One thing is Evina will start mainly out of need. Walker probably won't be starting this year.

When did Westbrook become a PG? Seems like she's always been considered a 2G, or maybe a combo.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
When did Westbrook become a PG? Seems like she's always been considered a 2G, or maybe a combo.
Yeah and I thought Hayes was the PG in that class.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
She can play either position. I probably should have said guard. I think Hayes and Westbrook will both play some pg.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
The Big Ten Women's Basketball Preview will air tonight at 9:00 pm Central Standard Time, on the Big Ten Network. Oklahoma plays Central Oklahoma in a women's game tonight at 9:00 pm Central Standard Time, on FCSP, Fox College Sports.

Plebe

Reaction Score
The Big Ten Women's Basketball Preview will air tonight at 9:00 pm Central Standard Time, on the Big Ten Network. Oklahoma plays Central Oklahoma in a women's game tonight at 9:00 pm Central Standard Time, on FCSP, Fox College Sports.

Thanks for this info. I think the Oklahoma game is at 6:30 CT.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
BTW Tennessee has had a closed scrimmage against NC State.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I don't know, but I assumed most did. Before the current exhibition structure, RU did one free / one pay, the free one being against a "traveling team" of some sort, made up of ex-players. The pay one was against a foreign team.

I assume Arizona charges, it wasn't advertised as free, but we were not able to go and we have season tix anyhow.

Duke doesnt charge for its one exhibition or its scrimmage. .... they used to have a intra-squad scrimmage and two exhibition games..... but have eliminated one of the exhibition games for the past 2 years. Usually the exhibition opponents are schools from the Southeast..... the Carolinas, West Virginia (not really the southeast) , Georgia, Florida.... but this year Alaska-Anchorage came to Durham.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score

This is the same IUP squad that ND pounded 108-40. Last year Pitt beat IUP by 30 in an exhibition. Pitt may be horrifically bad this year.

Plebe

Reaction Score

This is the same IUP squad that ND pounded 108-40. Last year Pitt beat IUP by 30 in an exhibition. Pitt may be horrifically bad this year.

I'm a little surprised that Suzie McConnell-Serio seems to be sliding backward at Pitt with little sign of gaining traction. After squeaking into the tournament 3 seasons ago and graduating that great guard they had (Kiesel sp?), they've been downright bad the last couple years. And they've been hit hard by the transfer bug: Two seasons ago Stasha Carey left for Rutgers, and last season their leading scorer, Brenna Wise, transferred to Indiana.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

He said that because that's the position she has to play to make an impact. She's not a great shooter and needs the ball in her hands to create for others as well as herself.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Thanks again for alerting me to this preview show. There was an interesting interview with coach Stringer:

Reaction Score
Duke doesnt charge for its one exhibition or its scrimmage. ...

If I'm not mistaken Duke has had trouble selling tickets to regular home games. A GA season ticket which is still a pretty good seat is now $65.00, which comes to less than $4.00 a game and a reserved seat comes to less than $7.00 a game. What could they charge for an exhibition, $2.00?

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
If I'm not mistaken Duke has had trouble selling tickets to regular home games. A GA season ticket which is still a pretty good seat is now $65.00, which comes to less than $4.00 a game and a reserved seat comes to less than $7.00 a game. What could they charge for an exhibition, $2.00?

Don't know, don't care. Its was free. Its always been free as far as I know. The money I saved on admission, I gladly used to purchase some mighty fine donuts and danishes on the way to Durham..... though I would have purchased them even if Duke had charged admission :p

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Westbrook looks very good, with a nice shooting touch. I don't expect her to play PG at all.

Hayes also looks good and is very fast. She's the PG, at least for the future.

How much will they get coached up??

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Westbrook looks very good, with a nice shooting touch. I don't expect her to play PG at all.

Hayes also looks good and is very fast. She's the PG, at least for the future.

How much will they get coached up??
I think Davis has the best upside.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member