Non UConn College WBB News | Page 16 | The Boneyard

Non UConn College WBB News

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score

It really does come down to numbers.

The NBA has 30 teams with 13-15 players per team. That's well over 400 players. And that's not even counting the D League.
The WNBA has 12 teams with 12 players per team. That's 144 players.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Now here's a shocker!!

I'm absolutely floored!

image.gif

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
As expected, the SEC changed its intra-conference grad transfer rule to make it consistent with the NCAA rule. Graduates of SEC schools can now transfer to another SEC school without having to sit out a year (or seek a waiver).

Anriel Howard can now transfer to South Carolina or Miss State without having to seek a waiver from the year-in-residence requirement. I'm sure the waiver would have been granted anyway but that hurdle is now gone.

SEC approves two rules regarding graduate transfers, serious misconduct policy

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Women’s Basketball Transfers: Spring/Summer 2018
Through Jun5, 2018

D-I women’s basketball players transferring (arranged by former school), based on reports from February forward. The player’s class (FR, SO, JR, SR) is for the 2017–18 season. (Last updated: June 5, 2018—recent additions to the list and those with a recently announced transfer destination are highlighted in red)

Stats
• Total listed: 264
• Those with their new school noted: 191
• Grad transfers: 46
• Transferring from Power 5 schools: 77
• Transferring to Power 5 schools: 37
• D-I → D-II: 41
• D-I → NAIA: 10
• D-I → juco: 13
• D-I → Canadian college: 3

[LINK]

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
2019 Class: Finalists
This page tracks those women’s basketball prospects in the 2019 recruiting class who have a publicly reported list of finalists and includes information on official visits, as available. (Last updated: June 2, 2018)

[LINK]

Reaction Score
If anybody wants to see most of the best junior/senior WBB players in NY and NJ on one court check this out:

Sifaka

O sol nascerá amanhã.
Reaction Score

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
A parent, AAU coach, former high school coach or player representative reaches out to a college coach about a player seeking a possible way out. The college coach responds by intrigue and subsequently gathering information. Neither party communicates directly until the release is granted (the player said so in the article) and once granted, the transfer process begins. I can almost guarantee this is how MOST transfers take place..

Not sure what Raoul is getting at, but he does this from time to time with particular programs. He's definitely not a UConn or Notre Dame fan, but I don't think he cares for SC or Tennessee either. A champion of the Big Ten and mid-majors...

Reaction Score
Not sure what Raoul is getting at, but he does this from time to time with particular programs. He's definitely not a UConn or Notre Dame fan, but I don't think he cares for SC or Tennessee either. A champion of the Big Ten and mid-majors...

I think you're right about his disdain for UConn and ND among others but I'm not sure he's making a derogatory remark as much as commenting that you rarely hear the actual story behind the transfer...........either way it seems that it was done above board so nothing to worry about

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom