Non-Key Tweets | Page 971 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
If the ACC implodes, I predict the following. I think a new league will form with the ACC minnows and others with similar academic missions that are OK with taking a step down in football to "G5" status but strong enough to compete for basketball/other national championships. I hope UConn would be a part of that and convince some of their Big East brethren that this is the wave of the future so they better jump on board. I think the days of the Big East being a power conference in basketball are numbered.

FSU - SEC
Louisville - Big 12
NC State- Big 12
UNC - B1G
Clemson - SEC
GA Tech - B1G (Assuming B1G wants a presence in the dominant market in SEC land)
VT- Big 12
Duke - New league
Wake- New league
UVA- B1G
Pitt - B12
BC - New league
Miami - New league (Better institutional fit. Their football brand is old and crusty)
Syracuse - New league
Cal - New league (B1G already has UCLA and likely doesn't want them. Unless...)
Stanford - New league (If B1G wants Bay Area presence, maybe then with Cal)
SMU - New league

And if there is a contractionary purge coming from the B1G and the SEC, then Northwestern and Vandy could fit into the "new league" nicely.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
ACC schools who see the writing on the wall and aren't getting into the SEC/B1G very well might. Pitt, Louisville definitely would
Why? There’s no school left in the Big XII that could sniff the playoff. You’ve got two SEC, two B1G and the runner ups were ACC and SEC again.

Story I read said FSU was left out because the starting QB got hurt then the backup got hurt. So they expected FSU wouldn’t be competitive without them.

Reaction Score
If the ACC implodes, I predict the following. I think a new league will form with the ACC minnows and others with similar academic missions that are OK with taking a step down in football to "G5" status but strong enough to compete for basketball/other national championships. I hope UConn would be a part of that and convince some of their Big East brethren that this is the wave of the future so they better jump on board. I think the days of the Big East being a power conference in basketball are numbered.

FSU - SEC
Louisville - Big 12
NC State- Big 12
UNC - B1G
Clemson - SEC
GA Tech - B1G (Assuming B1G wants a presence in the dominant market in SEC land)
VT- Big 12
Duke - New league
Wake- New league
UVA- B1G
Pitt - B12
BC - New league
Miami - New league (Better institutional fit. Their football brand is old and crusty)
Syracuse - New league
Cal - New league (B1G already has UCLA and likely doesn't want them. Unless...)
Stanford - New league (If B1G wants Bay Area presence, maybe then with Cal)
SMU - New league

And if there is a contractionary purge coming from the B1G and the SEC, then Northwestern and Vandy could fit into the "new league" nicely.
It won't be a new league. They'll keep the ACC assets and moniker like what OSU and WSU are doing. But yes this seems reasonable. Maybe Miami gets a lifeline and maybe Georgia Tech gets stuck. Gotta wonder if Cal and Stanford would go back to a merged PAC/MWC once the rest of the ACC bails.

Reaction Score
If they keep the ACC assets, that means the ACC is not dissolved and the GOR remains in place, no? The assets would have to be worth a bunch then.

Reaction Score
If they keep the ACC assets, that means the ACC is not dissolved and the GOR remains in place, no? The assets would have to be worth a bunch then.
Couldn't 8 schools (including ND) leave by legally dissolving the league and then the remaining schools could retain the ACC name, league HQ, and other assets and then expand by adding other schools? The revised league would have to reconstitute bylaws, negotiate media deals, exit fees, a new GOR, etc.

Reaction Score
Couldn't 8 schools (including ND) leave by legally dissolving the league and then the remaining schools could retain the ACC name, league HQ, and other assets and then expand by adding other schools? The revised league would have to reconstitute bylaws, negotiate media deals, exit fees, a new GOR, etc.
Maybe? IHDK

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom