Non-Key Tweets | Page 808 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I strongly disagree with this supposition. Look at UConn's history. Jim Calhoun, when he was hired, said that he wanted to make the Huskies a NATIONAL program.
He recruited all over the country (Donnie Marshall from Washington, Emeka Okafor from Houston, Kevin Ollie from Los Angeles, etc.) Big time recruits, as a rule, want to play for established programs with successful & charismatic coaches against top competition. If UConn moves to the XII, ALL the above boxes are checked.
Joining the big 12 would be like being back in the American, sure there are better schools in the big 12, but we would be back in a conference that required us to fly all over the country to play against opponents that we have no meaningful relationships with. That said, if they offer us a full share, we take it.

Reaction Score
Joining the big 12 would be like being back in the American, sure there are better schools in the big 12, but we would be back in a conference that required us to fly all over the country to play against opponents that we have no meaningful relationships with. That said, if they offer us a full share, we take it.
Its a shame it has to be like that… but ya..I agree with you

Reaction Score
If we did leave the big east for the money… i hope we don’t regret it

Reaction Score
in a conference that required us to fly all over the country to play against opponents

This was the same decision made by USC and UCLA. If we can gain access to more media money and potentially help football we have to do it. I love being in the Big East but over time, and maybe sooner, I can see the Big East losing value again.

CL82

Reaction Score
This was the same decision made by USC and UCLA. If we can gain access to more media money and potentially help football we have to do it. I love being in the Big East but over time, and maybe sooner, I can see the Big East losing value again.
If the Big Ten wants to invite us, I’m all in. $75 million a year per school pays for a lot of travel costs.

Reaction Score
If the Big Ten wants to invite us, I’m all in. $75 million a year per school pays for a lot of travel costs.
I would accept a lower amount. It does not have to be anywhere near a full share. Our DMA has over 1M households, 1.3M if you include Fairfield County. Thats a top 25 DMA.

BTN costs $11 per month or $80 per year. I thought the B1G gets 50% of the carriage fees. So quick back of the napkin, UConn could generate $40M in revenue from DMA fees for the BTN. This seems way too high IMO. It’s never going to happen, ever, anyway, so a wasted exercise.

CL82

Reaction Score
I would accept a lower amount. It does not have to be anywhere near a full share. Our DMA has over 1M households, 1.3M if you include Fairfield County. Thats a top 25 DMA.

BTN costs $11 per month or $80 per year. I thought the B1G gets 50% of the carriage fees. So quick back of the napkin, UConn could generate $40M in revenue from DMA fees for the BTN. This seems way too high IMO. It’s never going to happen, ever, anyway, so a wasted exercise.
Hey, keep in mind that the Big Ten already has first tier access in the NYCDMA which includes Fairfield county. So, for the purposes of analyzing the value, we would bring to the big 10 four first-year cable rights, you have to disregard Fairfield county, the most densely populated part of the state.

I don’t think I’ve ever seen what the BTN distributions are.

I agree with you, that it’s not happening, at least within the foreseeable future.

Reaction Score
Hey, keep in mind that the Big Ten already has first tier access in the NYCDMA which includes Fairfield county. So, for the purposes of analyzing the value, we would bring to the big 10 four first-year cable rights, you have to disregard Fairfield county, the most densely populated part of the state.

I don’t think I’ve ever seen what the BTN distributions are.

I agree with you, that it’s not happening, at least within the foreseeable future.

I did not include Fairfield County for the carriage fees guesstimate

Reaction Score
Quick note re: BTN in Fairfield County - BTN is available via Optimum's college sports package (with the ACCN and SECN) for an additional $5 per month, but it's not part of my standard cable package (like YES, SNY and ESPN). I would guess that in NJ the BTN is part of the standard cable packages, but in Westchester County/Fairfield County/Long Island it is not.

CL82

Reaction Score
Quick note re: BTN in Fairfield County - BTN is available via Optimum's college sports package (with the ACCN and SECN) for an additional $5 per month, but it's not part of my standard cable package (like YES, SNY and ESPN). I would guess that in NJ the BTN is part of the standard cable packages, but in Westchester County/Fairfield County/Long Island it is not.
I did not know that. That’s actually good news.

Reaction Score
I'm one of those in Fairfield County paying the $5/month and have been for several years now. Definitely worth it for the amount of sports channels you get. I can't think of a game I couldn't see with the 30-40 channels that come with that package. I'll only watch BTN if there's a decent football matchup which is rare since most of the interesting games end up on the big networks anyway.

Reaction Score
MH ver3@MH ver3

St John’s trying to make a statement hire with either Hurley or Pitino. Trying to prove to B12 brass that they are ready to reinvest in basketball. Doing the things Yormark told them they needed to do…

6:29 PM · Mar 10, 2023

Reaction Score
MH ver3@MH ver3
·
1h
On this selection Sunday I have one morsel to share: I’ve just been told Fox will play ball with B12 for prorata for 2 all sports additions. Fox wants Arizona and Colorado.

Reaction Score
MH ver3@MH ver3
·
1h
On this selection Sunday I have one morsel to share: I’ve just been told Fox will play ball with B12 for prorata for 2 all sports additions. Fox wants Arizona and Colorado.

Why?

Reaction Score
MH ver3@MH ver3
·
4h
If you start to hear reports of a PAC media offer for $25-28m per school trickle out keep a couple of things in mind:

MH ver3 @MH ver3
·
4h
This is a streaming heavy proposal that sees the PAC absorbing the cost of producing their own games and that amount is NOT reflected in the numbers being bandied about.

MH ver3@MH ver3
·
4h
There would be no ownership of Tier2 media in this proposal so no revenue to cover those costs save what is being paid in the tv deal.

MH ver3@MH ver3
·
4h
Cost to produce the content would be north of $75m a year counting all sports. So at 10 schools this could be a $7-$8m per year haircut off the numbers.

MH ver3@MH ver3
·
4h
Important to look at total contract value per year, subtract production costs and the pac10 office cut (which is rumored to be 1/2 of a share moving forward) to get the true number that would be shared per school. There will be spinsters who do not acknowledge this.

Reaction Score
MH ver3@MH ver3
·
4h
If you start to hear reports of a PAC media offer for $25-28m per school trickle out keep a couple of things in mind:

MH ver3 @MH ver3
·
4h
This is a streaming heavy proposal that sees the PAC absorbing the cost of producing their own games and that amount is NOT reflected in the numbers being bandied about.

MH ver3@MH ver3
·
4h
There would be no ownership of Tier2 media in this proposal so no revenue to cover those costs save what is being paid in the tv deal.

MH ver3@MH ver3
·
4h
Cost to produce the content would be north of $75m a year counting all sports. So at 10 schools this could be a $7-$8m per year haircut off the numbers.

MH ver3@MH ver3
·
4h
Important to look at total contract value per year, subtract production costs and the pac10 office cut (which is rumored to be 1/2 of a share moving forward) to get the true number that would be shared per school. There will be spinsters who do not acknowledge this.
Keep the PAC together so the B12 and ACC look east is my hope.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Keep the PAC together so the B12 and ACC look east is my hope.
If the PAC/ACC merger is dead, I fear that the ACC will ultimately look to plant a flag in TX and be a part of the big TX gold rush. Hope I am wrong....tis true non of the remaining TX schools fit the ACC profile very well as this hr.

Reaction Score
If the PAC/ACC merger is dead, I fear that the ACC will ultimately look to plant a flag in TX and be a part of the big TX gold rush. Hope I am wrong....tis true non of the remaining TX schools fit the ACC profile very well as this hr.
Rice, SMU, North Texas, UTEP, UTSA, Texas State. The ACC is like Tuesday. It has no profile.

Reaction Score
All profiles went out of the window when ACC took Louisville.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom