Non-Key Tweets | Page 810 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
MH ver3@MH ver3 ·12h

Just hearing that B1G is talking to Oregon and Washington again. Edds is the point person for these talks. Initiated by OR/WA and Amazon.

MH ver3@MH ver3 ·3h

BY met with one PAC president this week in person and is planning to meet with a second one. Pieces are lining up on the board. Also keep an eye on OR/WA as interest is picking up for with a leaderless B1G.

dayooper

It's what I do. I drink and I know things.
Reaction Score
MH ver3@MH ver3 ·12h

Just hearing that B1G is talking to Oregon and Washington again. Edds is the point person for these talks. Initiated by OR/WA and Amazon.

MH ver3@MH ver3 ·3h

BY met with one PAC president this week in person and is planning to meet with a second one. Pieces are lining up on the board. Also keep an eye on OR/WA as interest is picking up for with a leaderless B1G.

Going to need more than 2 for an extra time slot. If they alternate home games during conference play, Or/Wash will only have night games. I just don’t see that happening. I’m sure that USC won’t want to play those late night/Friday night games. Maybe UCLA but Fox/NBC/CBS has already contracted for those 2.

I would love to see Oregon and Washington in the Big10 (along with UConn), but won’t believe anything unless it comes from real sources like ESPN or The Car Wash.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Someone tell the B1G UConn will hold all home games at 11pm ET for 20 years if they let us in

Reaction Score
MH ver3@MH ver3
·
Mar 24
Sources telling me B12 plans to extend acceptance to Gonzaga following the NCAA tournament. Possibly 3 east coast teams as well but those 3 are not as far along as the zags are.

Reaction Score
SW AIM SHOW@GSw aim·1h
BREAKING NEWS:
@ESPN only paying $9M per #Pac12 team, but now they're going to offer multiple P12 schools the same money they'll pay each to make a B12 move. If more than four I'm not a fan.

Reaction Score
SW AIM SHOW
@GSw aim
To clear this up, @ESPN will pay #Pac12 evacuees what THEY will pay #Big12 teams, which is significantly more than the $9M P12 teams each getting. Would @FoxSports do same?

Reaction Score
MH v er3@MH v er3 · 3h
BY has met with presidents from CU and AZ in recent days. Will be meeting with ASU prez soon. Tide may be turning there. Presidents are getting antsy despite public talking points. 45 seconds to PACmidnight #Pac12DoomsdayClock

Reaction Score
MH ver3@MH ver3 · 2h
Hearing that UConn is leveraging for an all sports invite from B12…and BY and networks are listening.
Obviously we're talking MH ver here, so he's just throwing more s*** against the wall and hoping something sticks, but I would hope that your AD would not consider anything other than full membership in The Big 12 at this point. If they could add UConn and potentially peel off Arizona from The PAC, they would be the unquestioned top dog in one of the two key revenue sports.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I should not be paying attention to this thread today. I should be feeling an elated exhaustion about my alma mater's 5th MBB National title, but alas...

Why do I have the feeling that, particularly without Texas and Oklahoma, the Big XII is the AAC with a higher payout, but only for the time being? Will UConn's closest "rival" really be West Virginia? The almighty dollar is a necessity, but I hate that UConn appears to be chasing it to the detriment of the lower revenue programs, who would also have to travel to Lawrence, Ames, Manhattan (KS), Stillwater, and varies Texas cities.

The Big Ten remains the Belle of the Ball and the ACC makes the most sense, but after UConn's AAC experience and what basketball was able to do last night, I'm not feeling the Big XII at the moment, despite the AD deficit.

Urcea

Rent Enjoyer
Reaction Score
I should not be paying attention to this thread today. I should be feeling an elated exhaustion about my alma mater's 5th MBB National title, but alas...

Why do I have the feeling that, particularly without Texas and Oklahoma, the Big XII is the AAC with a higher payout, but only for the time being? Will UConn's closest "rival" really be West Virginia? The almighty dollar is a necessity, but I hate that UConn appears to be chasing it to the detriment of the lower revenue programs, who would also have to travel to Lawrence, Ames, Manhattan (KS), Stillwater, and varies Texas cities.

The Big Ten remains the Belle of the Ball and the ACC makes the most sense, but after UConn's AAC experience and what basketball was able to do last night, I'm not feeling the Big XII at the moment, despite the AD deficit.
For what it's worth I think Kansas, Baylor, and West Virginia beat the hell out of Wichita State, SMU, and Temple in terms of eyeballs and emotional investment

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
For what it's worth I think Kansas, Baylor, and West Virginia beat the hell out of Wichita State, SMU, and Temple in terms of eyeballs and emotional investment
Which is why I referenced to the higher payout. However Oklahoma and Texas are what legitimized the Big XII and provided their original seat at the table. If Houston, Cinci, and USF had similar cache, TV execs should have been wet for the AAC.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom