Non-Key Tweets | Page 876 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
That conference isn’t going to see much growth or attention If they don’t get into the big east coast markets. They know it. If they can gain ground in the east, and become relevant in New York City, they will be in a much stronger position when the ACC falls apart. They need to stake a claim to it while they can.
This is why I think the smart move for the B12 is to take us now independent of what the Pac 12 schools do. We will see if that happens.

Reaction Score
If nobody leaves the PAC 12 then the Big 12 doesn’t need us at all.

This is kind of over.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
The reported cooling has nothing to do with us. Waiting on the pac has just taken the momentum out of the whole thing, which the pac quite possibly did on purpose. Yormark wants us in the conference. His reasoning is significant. They need a region with substantial eyeballs. Too much of that conference is in the middle of nowhere or is redundant.

I think there is a meaningful chance the Pac 12 has been in dialogue with the ACC about a merger. That would explain the silence or why there does not seem to be limited news of dialogue with linear partners. No one would be talking if there was a merger involved.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Yes. That's exactly what I said. (Could someone tell me why I bother pretending you can have real dialogues with certain posters?)

You are the one that argued that rich alumni were not a good thing for an athletic department. Don't project that on me.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score

This is kind of over.

If anybody leaves the PAC 12, then everyone will leave the PAC 12, and the Big 12 doesn't need us at all.

Either the Big 12 is interested in UConn, or it isn't. Any PAC 12 teams joining the Big 12 can only hurt our odds.

Reaction Score
You are the one that argued that rich alumni were not a good thing for an athletic department. Don't project that on me.

What I said is you can't assume that rich alumni translates to alumni giving. I guaranty you that the average Clemson or 'Bama alum at any income level gives much more than the average alum at the same income level from any university north and east of State College, PA.

But I need to stop wasting my time on this. When it's convenient for you to pretend you don't understand the difference between inverse, converse and contrapositive. I still believe you're smarter than that.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
What I said is you can't assume that rich alumni translates to alumni giving. I guaranty you that the average Clemson or 'Bama alum at any income level gives much more than the average alum at the same income level from any university north and east of State College, PA.

But I need to stop wasting my time on this. When it's convenient you pretend you don't understand the difference between inverse, converse and contrapositive. I still believe you're smarter than that.
Why do you play along?

Arguing with a 4 year old is about as pointless as it gets.

Reaction Score

This is kind of over.
I hope the chatter that we've been telling football recruits that we will be playing in the Big XII isn't true, because that's going to hurt our reputation on the recruiting trail.

I still don't think Colorado is definitely staying in the PAC 12 but the longer this goes on the worse it is for us. I still can't imagine being a PAC 12 member and not sprinting for the exit when you can do so for free.

Reaction Score
I am pointing out that he keeps rooting for an event that will be very bad for UConn's realignment chances.
I got the impression that he believes the event will benefit UConn, while believing your view will hurt UConn. But I didn’t notice that he and the many others that shared his view conclude that you hate UConn.

Reaction Score
For those in favor of the B12, it seems every day that goes by without an invite causes people to panic. But, from the timeline I was given, late August is when something would be announced (if it is going to happen). In other words, you should sleep just fine tonight, tomorrow night and several nights after that.

Reaction Score
For those in favor of the B12, it seems every day that goes by without an invite causes people to panic. But, from the timeline I was given, late August is when something would be announced (if it is going to happen). In other words, you should sleep just fine tonight, tomorrow night and several nights after that.
The BYU AD said expansion has to be decided before the football season starts. You’re absolutely correct.

Reaction Score
UConn starts around 36 minute mark. Not very complimentary of UConn. Not overly glowing of Colorado either.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
Everyone is buying their team.

The SEC schools will powerhouses in recruiting because they were willing to hand a bag full of cash to someone's dad or mom, and didn't care about getting caught. Now, handing a bag of cash to someone is not cheating. The SEC's main competitive advantage for recruiting is gone. Does a Mississippi State or LSU really have the financial firepower to go toe to toe with a city school for a player when that city has dozens of corporations that would be interested in NIL as part of a broader marketing budget?
Miami, literally, bought their final four team. Egregious enough that Jim Laranaga had to answer questions about it. It also caused Miami to leapfrog everyone into the final 4.

This speaks somewhat to your latter point, too, but teams that basically only bought in like Miami did are a pretty repeatable (and bad) model.

Reaction Score
Who gave you that timeline?

Reaction Score
Miami, literally, bought their final four team. Egregious enough that Jim Laranaga had to answer questions about it. It also caused Miami to leapfrog everyone into the final 4.

This speaks somewhat to your latter point, too, but teams that basically only bought in like Miami did are a pretty repeatable (and bad) model.
You say that like it's a crime. Buying a team has, like marijuana, been legalized. Get used to it.

Everyone is now playing the NIL game and I agree with Nelson that it actually levels the playing field somewhat. We had a very unusual final four this year, and now St John's is back like it's 1985 again. Who knows what our football team is now capable of with these new (lack of) rules. We just need a P5 stage to stand on and things might really take off for Mora and the team.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
You say that like it's a crime. Buying a team has, like marijuana, been legalized. Get used to it.

Everyone is now playing the NIL game and I agree with Nelson that it actually levels the playing field somewhat. We had a very unusual final four this year, and now St John's is back like it's 1985 again. Who knows what our football team is now capable of with these knew (lack of) rules. We just need a P5 stage to stand on and things might really take off for Mora and the team.
Waylon is under the impression that only SEC teams were handing bags of cash which is hilarious.

Reaction Score
Waylon is under the impression that only SEC teams were handing bags of cash which is hilarious.

Certainly not the only ones but the SEC was definitely blazing the trail for everyone else to follow. The money thing has been going on forever and even with "good guys" like John Wooden. At least now the hypocrisy and criminal nature of it have been eliminated.

I used to think changing the rules so that paying the players was legal was a bad thing for college sports but now I realize I was very wrong, the old rules were making criminals out of everyone just like prohibition.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Certainly not the only ones but the SEC was definitely blazing the trail for everyone else to follow. The money thing has been going on forever and even with "good guys" like John Wooden. At least now the hypocrisy and criminal nature of it have been eliminated.

I used to think changing the rules so that paying the players was legal was a bad thing for college sports but now I realize I was very wrong, the old rules were making criminals out of everyone just like prohibition.
There was nothing unique about the SEC. They were all doing it in every conference. Think of any team in college football that was really good for any period of time or has always been good and there was massive cheating. Even well respected academic schools like Virginia who were never too good in football were cheating like crazy.

SEC gets singled out now because they've been so much better than everyone else for so long.

Reaction Score
Who gave you that timeline?
Someone inside the athletic department. Look, I‘m not an insider, don’t claim to be one, nor do I care to be one, but with this particular topic, I wanted to check to see if it had legs or was pure garbage so I reached out and that was the timeframe I was told.

That said, as I have said before, things are always changing and nothing is concrete until it happens. Even if AD David Benedict himself told me (note: he didn’t), I’d still remain skeptical because we have been burned at the altar twice before.

There is a lot of speculation out there from those who claim to be insiders as it relates to the B12’s interest in UConn strong one day and cool the next. That’s BS. The B12’s interest in UConn isn't like underwear in that it changes each day. They are interested and see the value of the brand. They felt that way last month, they feel that way now, and they will feel that way going forward.

Reaction Score
Someone inside the athletic department. Look, I‘m not an insider, don’t claim to be one, nor do I care to be one, but with this particular topic, I wanted to check to see if it had legs or was pure garbage so I reached out and that was the timeframe I was told.

That said, as I have said before, things are always changing and nothing is concrete until it happens. Even if AD David Benedict himself told me (note: he didn’t), I’d still remain skeptical because we have been burned at the altar twice before.

There is a lot of speculation out there from those who claim to be insiders as it relates to the B12’s interest in UConn strong one day and cool the next. That’s BS. The B12’s interest in UConn isn't like underwear in that it changes each day. They are interested and see the value of the brand. They felt that way last month, they feel that way now, and they will feel that way going forward.
Exactly. They don't vacillate day to day on whether they like UConn or not. It's bizarre people think they do, that's for the twitter folks.

Reaction Score
I think there is a meaningful chance the Pac 12 has been in dialogue with the ACC about a merger. That would explain the silence or why there does not seem to be limited news of dialogue with linear partners. No one would be talking if there was a merger involved.
Do you think this merger could be executed without disturbing the ACC GOR?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom